• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Do you happen to know how to get some of the other costumes?

Yes I know how to get all of the in game costumes.
But the in game ones can be obtained in the PSN right now for 1.99 each.
Except for the ToV Cameo costumes from the Carta game. But the ones on the PSN atm you can get them for free. I can give you a guide for it, but its the translated one for the Japanese version, but it still can help, some of the translated city name, and item might be a tad difference, but it can help you.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARRHUgO6_FEhZGpjNDV4Nl81Z3d2NW52Yzk
here you go. it isnt a walkthrough guide its more of a side quest/item getting type guide

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Thanks, the guide helped quite a bit. I'm trying to collect those cards, but it's annoying finding the ones on the field since it appears to being completely random whether or not they'll show up.

It is great though not having to worry about saving TP for upcoming boss fights. You can pretty much go all out in every battle. :D

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
Years
Can I join?
I'm a Tales of the Abyss and Symphonia fan myself.
I watch some Tales of animes too. And of course, the games, where it all began.

ソラ

Years
Thanks, the guide helped quite a bit. I'm trying to collect those cards, but it's annoying finding the ones on the field since it appears to being completely random whether or not they'll show up.

It is great though not having to worry about saving TP for upcoming boss fights. You can pretty much go all out in every battle. :D

Yeah, the CC system is awesome. it does have somewhat of a downside, but I like it over the old tales system, even tho I love the older tales battle system. :)
Im trying to get Chaos, and Evil atm, I was too lazy to in the beginning but now Im just grinding to get them, that and for Gald, need to upgrade shops, since they fixed my favorite glitch in the game D: *goes back to JPN version to do the glitch for pure happiness D:* hahah.

ソラ

Years
How much of a change is Xillia's battle system from Graces?
Xillia's battle system is similar to old tales games, it has the free run, TP is back. I think the only good thing about the system is the Link artes, and Link Mystic artes. Thats about it.
Graces is one of the best battle systems in Tales imo.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Aww, I feel left out. Even though I have my pre-ordered copy of Graces, my sister left the PS3 at my grandma's. So, at the moment, I'm occupied with Symphonia. I found out the person who voiced Presea is voicing Twilight Sparkle! ^_^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
:P Tara Strong voices tooons of characters. She's in like... everything. And she's awesome.

But you're just as left out as me. xD; I own Graces too, technically, since I got it for my brother for his birthday, but I can't play it until the summer when we're living together since he has it now.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Tara Strong is one the best things about the voice acting world.

I believe she was also Raven in Teen Titans, and Timmy in Fairly Odd Parents..

But anyhoo, I'm so sad that I can't play Graces. I'm actually "watching" ToGf on Youtube, because that's the only way that I can see the story. I might not be able to play through the dungeons / fights which is half the fun, but oh well. ;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I might take up "watching" ToGf myself if I ever feel like it, but I'm not going to be able to play the game myself for a long while yet. Soooo, I'm doing what U_Flame is doing and occupying myself with Symphonia. Started a new file this past week and I'm hoping to finish it without it corrupting on me. ;w;

Cherrim

Years
Now I kinda want to start a file on Symphonia... except I started Legendia the other night and I'm hoping to force myself to get through it since I've never beaten it before.

But I seriously don't like any of the characters so far in Legendia and I find the battle system to be horrible. ;~;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Join us Erica! Replay Symphonia! ♥

ugghhhh Legendia. I have the game and I tried to play it, but I never got far. I'm not a fan of any of the other characters either, and the battle system sucks. I also didn't like the fact that it wasn't multiplayer so my sister couldn't play it with me. So I quickly lost interest in it. Now even if I did want to play it I can't because we don't have a working PS2.

Cherrim

Years
Yeah, if it were multiplayer I think I'd like it better since then my roommates and I could all play together instead of me being stuck with the controller. Although I imagine they'd probably play for like half an hour and then leave me on my own since the battle system is so difficult after Symphonia or Abyss's. ;~; (I can deal with the 2D linear system in the handhelds but what were they thinking doing it that way right after Symphonia so heavily improved it? Ugggh!)

Cherrim

Years
Oh, yeah, I never even mentioned the voices.

The voice actors don't bug me but all of the recording sounds so shoddy. There's an echo on pretty much everything. :( And you can't change text speed but whenever you press X to show the rest of the text, it also skips the rest of the voiced line!

/whinewhinewhine

/needs to just steal ToG from her brother when she sees him this week, srsly

Years
Jeez, I am so tempted to just go down to Gamestop this Spring Break, buy a used Wii and get Symphonia and just do a No-Life through this spring break.

But then again I am saving this $500 for summer school so...
@~@

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Have you forgot to join me in?
I was gonna join the club.
Welcome to the club! I'm sure Shawn/Miss Doronjo will add you onto the first page when he gets the chance. For now just feel free to join in any of the discussions.

Jeez, I am so tempted to just go down to Gamestop this Spring Break, buy a used Wii and get Symphonia and just do a No-Life through this spring break.

But then again I am saving this $500 for summer school so...
@~@
If not a used Wii then you can possibly see about getting a used Gamecube (unless you're planning on getting more Wii games in the future after buying Symphonia).

But alas school comes first. D;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Xillia's battle system is similar to old tales games, it has the free run, TP is back. I think the only good thing about the system is the Link artes, and Link Mystic artes. Thats about it.
Graces is one of the best battle systems in Tales imo.

I assume that depending how Graces f sells here will factor in whether or not they decided to localize Xillia. I'd like to play it if not for Milla alone. Though I hear the game was quite short and lacking a lot of extras (I believe one of the designer's mentioning the game was rushed) Maybe they're already planning an enhanced version or director's cut? Let's just hope they don't port it to the Wii U...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Xillia has two sides of the story right? That could possibly explain how short it is. I'm a little disappointed hearing how little extras are; it's probably because a lot of it is DLC which I'm not too big a fan of. Right now, I'm just waiting to see what Namco will be (re)making next. But before that, I'm waiting for June 20th to come around... or at least a preview of what's coming out in June. ;w;

Back