• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Talking during movies

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't mind short whispers and occasional emotional outbursts. Anything beyond that, and I feel really irked - the main reason I prefer watching things alone. This does not imply that I do not enjoy visits to the cinema with family/friends. I do. Really.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I talk all the time when I'm watching a movie and it bothers me so much because I always feel so bad when I do it in a public setting. :( If I'm watching the movie with my friends, though, I honestly can't help it. I'll at least whisper when I can but I imagine it's distracting no matter what tone I use.

For this reason, I like seeing movies at weird times or late after they've come out so that if I am talking, there aren't as many people around to be bothered by it. Otherwise, I just watch the movies at home when I can.

This. Basically exactly how I am when it comes to talking during movies x] Although it sounds like I'm a bit better at controlling it if the occasion calls for it xD

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm a big hypocrite when it comes to talking during movies. When I'm watching a movie with other people, the second they even make a whisper, a breath, a sound, I'm whispering intently on how I'll murder them if they don't shut up. But when it comes to me talking in movies? Oh god, don't you dare interrupt my monologue, that's an unforgivable sin. You will listen to my complaining or praising and you will ENJOY IT!
    However, if it's a movie I don't really care about, then people can talk all they like, lol. It makes the whole experience more fun if we're all acting cynical and taking the piss out of the movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I hate it when people talk during movies, whether I'm watching one at home or at a theater. I don't mind so much if they're whispering and it doesn't distract me, sadly I live in an area where common courtesy seems to have been wiped from 95% of people's consciousness.

I don't want to hear how hot you think such and such actor is, if you don't understand what's going on, shut up and watch the movie and stop your damn giggling (unless something actually funny happened.)

*A note on the giggling thing; I remember a few people (and by people, I mean teenagers, of the female variety) laughing during the scene in Saw where that guy is cutting off his own foot. Either they had a sick sense of humor, or they weren't paying attention to the movie at all and needlessly distracting the other viewers.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I don't mind people who talk during movies as long they're talking quietly. If they're talking really loud and obnoxious it can get annoying. I tend to be silent when watching a movie in a theater. If with friends I will talk sometimes only to be shhed a few seconds later. At home I talk more when watching movies especially if it's something I've seen before. I like pointing out things that I've didn't notice the first time I saw it.[/SIZE]

Years
  • I hate it when people talk loudly during movies. If you whisper, that's usually fine with me. Even I make a few comments during movies to the people I see it with in the theaters, but I always whisper. At home I don't like to talk during a movie I have never seen, so a few comments are fine, but let's just try to focus on the movie.

If I'm having a movie night with my friends at home during a movie we've all seen, I expect there to be a higher amount of talking to be going on. We like to make funny comments about the film we're watching.

So all in all, if you keep your comments short and quiet, I don't really care if you talk. Bringing small children into movies they shouldn't be seeing, though, makes me more angry than anyone talking during a film.

Years
  • I'm going to sound like the Grinch here, but movie theaters suck for me. The food is incredibliy over-priced, the theatres around me are ghetto and low-class. I always find stupid people doing something. I remember sitting once during previews and these a-holes behind me were talking about B*itches and partying. I got kicked out once for sneaking in food. The bastards caught me eating a tommy's burger during a movie. My friends were dissapointed I was caught. I had this huge argument with the manger, supervisor or whatever he was. I he was telling me was that's the rules."

Movie theaters are horrible places. I pefer waiting until a good movie I like comes out of dvd and watching it at home. That's the best theatre.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Absolutely love the Firefly quote in the first sentence of the thread

To be honest, as long as it isn't too loud or too frequent, I don't mind too much. For example, a short comment to the person next to you is fine in my eyes, but constant chatter annoys me in general, and anything too loud would block out the movie for me.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    If you only talk quietly, I have no problem. I myself do it so many times, specially when I'm not enjoying a movie. I end up pointing plot flaws and how crappy the acting is or making fun generally, or probably to ask what one character just said. But the people I hate the MOST are those who whistle and yell "woo-hoo" every time their favorite actor comes onscreen or favorite scene or whatever. I'll ****ing kill you, I won't hesitate. The last time I watched a movie this was a huge problem, and if I wasn't with my parents at that time I would have definitely told these people to stfu. I mean, what kind of stupid primitive brain makes you do that? Unless, of course, you were high or drunk at that moment then I don't think I can do much lol.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • I'm just human, I have to talk. I always talk in movie theaters. When I was watching Titanic in 3D, I just had to scream when Cal Hockley tried to shoot Jack and Rose. The music was loud, okay?

That aside, I don't like it when other people talk. I want to be the only girl in the cinema who talks. I want to be the center of attention. Tee hee. Is that weird? D:

Back