• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Tapu Koko is the Most Frustrating Pokemon to Catch

Mesty

The Joker
Years
  • Really? I am finding Tapu Fini to be the hardest. Currently in the process of trying to catch it.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • It blindsided me - I wasn't expecting it, and it was my first run, so I had really bad Pokémon and didn't want to re-beat Kukui (I'd already reset a couple times to get past him, so...)

On the other hand, I love Mudsdale. My Mudsdale is pretty much the reason I managed to catch Koko first try despite not being remotely prepared.

Bulu and Fini were the only legendaries in the game that I had to reset for in my first run. I had to reset on Solgaleo in my Sun run, though, because I wanted to catch it in a Beast Ball and I'd only traded over 5.

Honestly, as people have mentioned, Tapu Fini and its Aqua Ring were much more frustrating, despite me being prepared for the battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    y'all, i made this entire account just to rant about how GODDAMN HARD IT IS TO CATCH TAPU KOKO. alright, so just before i caught solgaleo, i bought 42 ultra balls. didn't use a single one, because i caught it, right away, no battle, with a luxury ball (they happen to be my favorite) so you know, i get to the credits, i get to tapu koko and im like!! nice!!! i have 40+ ultra balls, 20+ great balls, 11 great balls and like 30+ pokeballs, along with a few assorted ones that you get from trails. so you know, i'll be fine, right?FUCKING WRONG i wasted every single ball i had. every. last. one. y'all know what i finally caught it in? a dive ball. a god forsaken dive ball. and it was my last one too!! so here i am. ive been listening to this horrid "congrats you just captured a pokemon!!" song for the last 15 minutes it took to set up this account and write this shitty rant so i have to go cut my damn ears off now. bye.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Once I beat the game, it was definitely frustrating to try to catch Tapu Koko. I had quite a lot of different poke balls with me but it just kept wrecking my team over and over again and escaping from all the balls I threw at it. At some point I just gave up and decided to try catching it some other time.

Years
  • I've caught all four, and the only one I really had any trouble with was Tapu Fini, even using Net Balls (stupid Aqua Ring).

(And I didn't use my Master Ball on any of them (I saved it for Necrozma).)

Years
  • I had difficult time catching all of them... except Tapu Bulu, who I caught on only the first ball. The others were hell, as is typical for that dreaded 3 catch rate.

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
    Years
  • There is a second way to get it. Just touch the statue in the Ruins of Conflict when you arrive there, and it'll challenge you. o.o

Thank you for the good news fellow Pokemon trainer. I actually felt so bad because at the original battle I didn't know you could catch the pokemon then. I thought you had to battle it until he was defeated only to find out that wasn't true. I will be re visiting the ruins of conflict thanks to your comment!

TheRisingSean

Back, and better than ever
    Years
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    OMG, Tapu Koko is very hard to catch and it has a capture of 3. I had to beat the league to actually battle him and try to catch him. I had to put the Synchronize Pokemon first in the slot and then I have to beat the league again if I failed to catch to Tapu Koko with the preferred nature.

So I have to save before battling the champion and then try to win but his Braviary is very good.

I learned something, either sacrifice the master ball for Tapu Koko or it's going to be real bad.

I captured all my legendaires and UB's in Pokeballs, is not that hard

Years
  • I'm not making this up...... I caught Tapu Koko with my first Ultra Ball. I was so confused to the point whether or not Koko actually does have a capture rate of 3 or not. That's how dumbfounded I was.

Years
  • I'm not making this up...... I caught Tapu Koko with my first Ultra Ball. I was so confused to the point whether or not Koko actually does have a capture rate of 3 or not. That's how dumbfounded I was.

Challenge mode: Try capturing Tapu Koko with a Poke Ball.

I wonder if anyone would actually try this.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Challenge mode: Try capturing Tapu Koko with a Poke Ball.

I wonder if anyone would actually try this.

I had to reset to get mine in a Fast Ball, which is basically the same thing haha. Not that bad considering I reset for legends 3-4 times in HGSS when I try and use apricorn balls for them!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I get Tapu Koko pretty easily without restarting or something like that. I was kinda surprised that this battle was right in the credits and was annoyed by that. I didn't bother with others and probably never will.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    The simplist way to catch the Tapus is to use Dusk balls while it is night time. The place that the tapus are caught is considered a cave(it looks like one too - especially the poni island one) and if you do it at night time it will work amazingly for you. There is a % for the catch rate of pokemon, and Tapu Koko's is most likely VERY low. Don't use pokeballs on it, those are the worst types of pokeballs in the game. Try the dusk balls. - take it from a minecraft expert that plays pokemon non stop : ) .

Sorry for my good spelling.

AxR

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2018
    I swear I chucked 100+ balls at it and it killed itself with struggle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back