• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't Touch Me With That Needle!

Tattoos? Piercings? Don't touch me with that needle!

• I have/Want Tattoos

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I have/Want Piercings

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I have both

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Don't touch me with that needle!

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Do I have tattoos?
    No. I think they look tacky on everybody except Angelina Jolie.

Do I have piercings?
    No.

Do I hate needles?
    It depends. Tattoo needles wouldn't bug me too much, and having injections in the top of my arm doesn't bother me at all. But the idea of having a needle on the inside of my elbow, where they find the vein they use to take blood - that freaks me out so damn much, I want nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • DO you have [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]tattoos[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]? No...Not yet XD
    Do you want any and what are they?

Id like the sleeves on both arms, and perhaps a full back tattoo..Not sure what I want, probably just some random st00f.

DO you have piercings? Nope. At least, not yet

Nah, the idea of getting pierced and then having the piercing ripped out during a fight or playing around appalls me...Though I would like a tongue ring :/.

DO you hate needles? Nah
    Whats your opinion on the above?
    Why do you hate needles?

Needles arent too bad. Like for shots and stuff, it stings for a second, but then the pain usually melts away.

How do you think society views those with either?

Society as a whole is very stereotypical with piercings and/or tattoos. They see someone with them and automatically think that person is some punk who wants to mug them. Like if you have visible tattoos and are trying to get a serious job, 9 times out of ten you wont get it no matter how qualified you are. Same with piercings. They see you as some sort of rebel who wants to usurp the modern day society and take over and have complete anarchy. Though that may be true for some, for most it isnt. I remember in 8th grade when one of my friends got a tattoo on his wrist, clearly visible..And yet you could easily see the teachers distaste of him. *shrugs* hopefully soon society wont be so stereotypical.

Years
  • DO you have tattoos?
    Cancer Star Sign, Wolf and Cross!

DO you have piercings?
    Used to have my Toungue pierced but not anymore!

DO you hate needles?
    Not scared of needles!

Look in spoiler!

Spoiler:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Don't want any. My body is clean and poifect xD But seriously, both don't interest me. 'sides, I think pierces are a girls thing xP

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    DO you have tattoos?
    Nope. I want one, but I'm debating on it.

DO you have piercings?
    Nope, don't want any.

DO you hate needles?
    Nahh, I'm fine with them.

They don't view males having earrings as good things, and tattoos aren't that good, in societies eyes.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • DO you have tattoos?
    I want a tattoo, maybe a few.

DO you have piercings?
    I just have my ears, but I want my nose pierced or my lip

DO you hate needles?
    Not really

I think societey views people with tattoos and piercings as "dirty" or something like that. But in my eyes, it's just a form of expression

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Although I have my ears pierced, I rarely wear earrings. My mom pretty much forced me to have my ears pierced when I was about 13. I was a little scared of getting them pierced, I must admit! A 6 year old girl went ahead of me and she didn't flinch. .0.

I once considered getting a tattoo. One day, my friend penned all of these neat abstract designs on my hand. I thought they were cool for an hour but then I became sick of them. I'm glad I could wash off that fake tattoo after a few days. :P

based on my observations.. I believe society has a slight positive view on people with moderate, clean tattoos/piercings. I also believe that society likes tattoos better if they were meaningful (e.g. you dedicate a tattoo to your ill-stricken friend instead of having a flower/dragon/butterfly tattoo umm I guess that is very subjective, huh!).

Last edited:
    Years
  • TwilightBlade I know what you mean about Tattoo's should mean something.

Cancer Star Sign = Zodiac I Was Born In
    Cross 87 = Being Catholic And Year Of Birth
    Wolf = Was Born Under A Full Moon

So Meaningful!

Years
  • I have a few

Tattoos
    I have a scorpion on the top of my right forearm. 2nd Tattoo (Not much bigger than the others)
    I have a skull on my Left shoulder 1st tattoo (smallest)
    I have a Dragon wrapping around my left arm from about an inch above my wrist to about 2 inches up my elbow 3rd tattoo (biggest)
    I have a turtle on my back only cause i have a turtle 4th tattoo (3rd biggest)

I have my right eyebrow done twice and left one done once.

At high school being the only person with a tattoo, i got a lot of attention both good and bad (my uncle is a tattooist). But now in uni I kind of forget i have them until some one mentions them and it is usually to get a full view of my dragon tattoo. But when i meet a new lecturer i can tell they judge me and i am constantly feeling that i need to prove my self.
    The only other place it has been a problem is at work. I work at dick smith and i have to cover my tattoos so i usually were a jumper or long sleeve shirt.

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
  • My ears are pierced and that is it! I got them pierced in the 8th grade. I almost died when I got that done. Not the type of person to put myself in painful situations and I have noooo tolerance for pain. So as far as that does.. im DONE. lol End of the line.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Do you have tattoos?

I have one tattoo of the Egyptian Eye of Ra on the left side of my back/shoulder. I've always loved ancient Egypt and that was my first tattoo, I got it when I was sixteen. It's just black and boring, someday I want to add something to it just to make it a little more interesting. I haven't been able to afford/make up my mind about another tattoo yet, but I know I definitely want another one someday.

Do you have piercings?

I have had my ears pierced twice (as in two holes in each ear), and I had my eyebrow and nose pierced too. Unfortunately my body really hates piercings. For my ears, they swelled up so much that the earrings started to go through the hole and I had to take them out. The holes then closed up.

My nose and eyebrow grew these things called granulomas on them, it's pretty much this mass of cells that forms when the body is rejecting something that's not supposed to be there, but that it can't get rid of. Obviously since the rings were in, it couldn't get rid of the foreign object. I had to take those both out and luckily the granulomas went away on their own. I had gone to a plastic surgeon and everything for my nose before I took the ring out, and if the granuloma hadn't gone away I was going to have to get it taken off.

It's sucky, because I really like piercings, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I can't have them now. This is probably like a horror story people are going to read and decide never to get pierced, haha. Luckily nothing like this ever happened with my tattoo though.

Do you hate needles?
    I don't really hate needles. Whether it's the kind of needles you get tattoos/piercings with or the kind you get a shot from the doctor with. I can go through either thing without much difficulty. I just don't like seeing other people getting needles. It grosses me out to watch someone else get a piercing or a shot from the doctor (not really tattoos since you can't see the needle easily) even though I know what it feels like and it never bothers me when it's happening to me. My least favourite kind of needle is probably the kind you would get in your upper arm, for say the flu shot or something. Favourite (lol not that I like it but you get what I mean) would be the one they put in your vein to take blood. It doesn't hurt at all, can't even feel it. Tattoos and piercings are in the middle, but they're such a different kind of pain/feeling than medical needles, it's weird.

Well, a lot of people don't care, but a lot of people do. There are still places that won't hire you if you have a visible tattoo or piercing other than your ears. You would think in this day and age where many, many people have some kind of body piercing or tattoo, more people would be okay with it but it's really not like that. Sadly people do still judge others on stuff like this. Like just because you have a tattoo or piercing, you're a criminal or you can't be trusted? It's not realistic to think like that but unfortunately a lot of people still do.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • One, I hate needles full stop, whether it be injections or whatever, so tattoos are out.

I wouldn't want to get a tattoo or piercing anyway. It's not like I think they're ugly, but they just don't appeal to me aesthetically. Some of them make me feel a little ill, depending on where they are. I understand ear piercing, but nose and lip piercings are just ew. I won't even go into some of the other places where they put them. *shudders*

And tattoos . . . eh. If I did get one, it'd be something like the Rebel Alliance logo, but that's just hypothetical. I can feel my shoulder aching already just thinking about it.

*leaves thread before he feels unwell*

Years
  • Just thought i should update all of you guys on my tattoo situation I got another tattoo. I got an anchor on my rib cage. I always liked anchors i have has an anchor necklace that i have had since i was a kid so when i saw it i thought it might as well get it

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I stay away from all that, as I see no point in adding external features to one's body, when they don't serve any purpose.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i have no tattoos, but am hoping to get one as soon as i am released from my home into colleague, lol. As for piercings, no, and never will !!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    I have two tattoos, one is on my back neck and second one is on my shoulder. Tattoos are part of fashion people use them as style statement. So it is good to have tattoo on body.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Please don't post in threads that have not been posted in for 30 days. At this point they are considered dead, but if you wish to continue discussing the topic you are free to re-make the thread :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back