• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tauros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Well, I wanted to get in Miltank's sex friend so here he is, Tauros. Just let me know what you think of this tauros.

Tauros@Choice Scarf
    Adamant~252 attack and speed
    Anger Point
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Thrash
    -Giga Impact(finisher)

I just threw it together since i dont' care for Tauros that much.

Ooka

Years
  • It's not like I plan on keeping it out the whole battle.
    It's mainly to take out the pokemon that nothing else is strong or fast enough to take out.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Still, Giga Impact rarely does good with Choice Scarf, theres gonna be problems.

Miltank does not like problems :(

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • The problem is that movepool, which really weakens tauros. What else can you put? BTW, I like the CB version better running jolly, but that works fine too I guess.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Hmm, let's stick with this set eh

Tauros @ Choice Band / Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Stone Edge
    - Zen Headbutt
    This is basically THE only way to use Tauros. His speed is high enough (350 screws over even Infernape and Gengar ;)), so basically just stick to Choice Band or use Life Orb if you don't mind the sacrifice for a full menu of attacking without switching.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    id go with iceman on that one...
    return for stab.
    equake and stone edge cover pretty much everything except the likes of heracross (which you really need to watch out for running that mitank team) and heracross gets met with a zen headbutt. (even though zen headbutt sucks without stab, it should still kill hera)
    just slap a life orb on him and he should dominate...

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
  • Well, the thing is, if I get the same pokemon as everyone else, then I can't possibly be better than some people. I like to think up strategies that most people wouldn't expect. It's called a surprise attack.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, the thing is, if I get the same pokemon as everyone else, then I can't possibly be better than some people. I like to think up strategies that most people wouldn't expect. It's called a surprise attack.

I know what you mean there.

Tauros @:Chople Berry/Focus Sash
    Trait: Intimidate
    Adamant/Jolly/Lonely Nature
    Pursuit
    Return
    Endure/Hp Flying
    Stone Edge.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • For future reference, Hidden Power in general is a Sp. Atk, therefore it's useless on Tauros.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • having popular sets doesn't mean they aren't good. you could have the best sets on a poke, but it's about your ability to strategize in battle.

if you're seriously thinking having a different set is what helps you win battles, you're very wrong.

Ooka

Years
  • having popular sets doesn't mean they aren't good. you could have the best sets on a poke, but it's about your ability to strategize in battle.

if you're seriously thinking having a different set is what helps you win battles, you're very wrong.

Um, that's not what I said, seriously, don't come in here and make stupid comments like that. I said I like different sets. I have a good enough win record that I think it's time to not use OU pokemon and OU movesets so much.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • True, but those sets/pokes are OU for good reason. Because they work. Not that different sets fail, but OU ones are that way becaue they have good results. Like when people say they hate Blissey because she is so OU everyone has a counter for it. Thats a good thing. She's soo good, tht all teams MUST have a Blissey counter.

Take it from me, someone who uses an effective original team.

Ooka

Years
  • Quite the contrary, I see plenty of Heracross', Gallades, some hitmonchans and hitmontops, Electivires have cross chop, and plenty others. I don't understand why you act like you know what people use though, I mean it's fine that you want to give people movesets, just don't tell people that certain moves are hardly ever used since you haven't hardly ever battled.

@Sims=Like Samson says, battling takes more than just good pokemon, I like UU pokemon and I train UU BL and NU pokemon. I don't care if they aren't OU for a reason, I like them and if used effectivly then they can be just as good as normal pokemon. For example, you see experienced players taking down Ubers all the time, so why can't UU pokemon take down OUs?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Quite the contrary, I see plenty of Heracross', Gallades, some hitmonchans and hitmontops, Electivires have cross chop, and plenty others. I don't understand why you act like you know what people use though, I mean it's fine that you want to give people movesets, just don't tell people that certain moves are hardly ever used since you haven't hardly ever battled.

I've battled a lot before. on Serebii.

My WiFi broke. Yell at my WiFi, not me. Y WONT THIS DAMN THING WORK!?

Hitmons aren't used too much.
    Electivire isn't a fighting type, it resists Flying moves
    Herecross will outrun it and hit it with a Close Combat
    So will Scarfed Gallade.

Where are we going with this anyways? Its not like we're actually gonna use HP Flying... are we?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years

@Sims=Like Samson says, battling takes more than just good pokemon, I like UU pokemon and I train UU BL and NU pokemon. I don't care if they aren't OU for a reason, I like them and if used effectivly then they can be just as good as normal pokemon. For example, you see experienced players taking down Ubers all the time, so why can't UU pokemon take down OUs?

No no, I use UU all the time (Vileplume being my fav). If anyone can recall, I use Raichu, Vileplume and Noctowl. However, I see alot of people bashing teams because they are OU. That's not fair to them. I'm not saying they MUST be OU, just that they are fo a reason, just as UU are that for a reason. I preach all the time "use what you like, UU, OU, or not". You just slightly misinterpreted what I said, and I agree with your statement (meant towards me) completley.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    Tauros has a decent movepool. Your set has 3 normal type attacks and Earthquake, meaning Gengar walls it completely.

Return/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Pursuit

Used with a Choice Band set, Tauros hits really hard.
    His movepool isn't bad, just limited severely.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • His movepool isn't bad, just limited severely.

Limited severely...basically a euphamism really...tauros' movepool sucks, it really does. If giga impact is being considered, then tauros has a horrific movepool, and it's a shame too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back