• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCard Lounge

Should M-EX's system be implimented everywhere custom art is available for request?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy Guy

Sprite Guy (PM Me For Lessons)
Years
Hello? Hoo Hoo?
I am waiting as patiently as i can but no-one has made me
a trainer card yet. I have seen others get their trainer cards
the post after them. Please... I am waiting

Years
Um.. separate the sprites from your sig onto a white or transparent background, and I'll do it.

Also, what are the skies of Hoenn? Will just a cloudy sky be okay?

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Years
I've got a question : Who invented Trainer Cards ?
(They come from the games, of course. But who had the idea of making custom trainer cards ?)
I asked on Serebiiforums but people didn't seem to know, they just said it was perhaps someone from there...
As a trainer cards maker myself, I'd like to know...

Years
I've got a question : Who invented Trainer Cards ?
Hm.. I have no idea; I'd like to know, too.

anybody know where I can find a missango sprite
Here's the full one I put on your Tcard. Also, it's spelled Missingno.
missingnobf2.png

Shy Guy

Sprite Guy (PM Me For Lessons)
Years
Excuse me Kenji-Kun. Skies of hoenn means just some nice clouds. What do u mean by my signature? white transparent background thingy?
Now I get what you mean! Ummm It'll be in the General Spriters Showcase Now. So maybe you should get their quick.

Last edited:

Hoshi

just myself....
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2015
Doesn anyone know where I can get D/P clean battle screens? I want o make a custom battle screen but FR/LG aren't big enough D:

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
@ Hoshi: I have been working on this, but currently no DS emulators I have used support the Pokemon games. When they do, it will be much easier to get D/P battle screens. Or, we could make blanks out of screens already on the internet...

Anyways, I'm posting here for the first time, so i might as well give you something. I've been doing amateur TCs for a while now, and I don't plan on opening a shop.
I like the type tags in the supply thread, but making a minicard with them is hard, especially using the size I am, just smaller than the pinball boxes on the standard TCs. So, here you are, mini types.
minitypesru2.png

I took the ones from the supply thread (by castrainer) and shrunk them.

Last edited:

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
Years
Hey I hope I'm not breaking a rule but I'm looking for something. I'm looking for the female sign thing for my pokemon cards. You know the one exactly like on the games for the female pokemon. I've been searching every where and can't seem to find it. Please help!

Years
tiic9.png

Okay, I need some opinions on my type icons. Plus, any ideas for new types.

First, which 'Magic' type looks better? With or without the rainbow? OR should I make the rainbow bigger?

Would the 'Light' text look better as a medium blue color?

What should I do for Ghost, Poison & Rock?

omg, that water looks horrible. What was I thinking?

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Here's my new trainer card which involves my first ever finished Kanto Team, back when I was like 7 when the original games were out.

trainercardsi0.gif

Years
Hm... what can I say? It's the normal, 6 pokemon + Trainer + Badges, with only slight differences, then it flips to some mostly-meaningless info.

-The eevee behind the trainer looks badly done. You can hardly see the face.
-The "TRAINER CARD" text on the info card looks... odd. You should've just copied the other one onto it.

Other than that, there's nothing wrong with it... it just lacks much creativity. :\

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Thing is, I like that style of a trainer card. For some reason I like the basic style. But thanks for the comments. ='] Much appreciated.

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Years
I have a question :
What do you all think of automatic card makers (like pokecharms.com for instance) ?
I think they aren't a good idea because there's no more pleasure in making a t-card. It's just... automatic. Meh, I can't explain it properly.

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
@slama: I don't like giving bad news, but here it is. It isn't a very good first attempt in my opinion. First, the trainer "sprite" still has a different outline. If you really wanted to use that image, you would probably have to manually crop off or recolor its border. Second, the pokemon seem to have been shrunk. Did you use the "Select" tool to srink those? That's not a good idea. For pokemon, usually your best option is to take the pinball boxes and crop off the parts of the pokemon outside them (I think this is what you did with the trainer), instead of shrinking them to fit inside. Third, if you TC is going to have text, your card would look better if it had Draw Opaque turned off (when you have the "Text" tool, below the toolbar you see two pictures. Choosing the one with the dotted outline you can see through turns off Draw Opaque). If you did that, it would probably be best to choose a different text color for that background than black, it would be hard to read against blue.

The good news: The light blue/dark blue combo works nicely for standard paint colors. The oval (or rounded rectangle?) that has the word DEX: in it is nice, the black border helps it stand out from the background.

All in all, not a bad first try. There are things that need fixing, but you seem to be on the right track with the basics. A tip: don't make your first TC from scratch, mess around with some templates from the supply thread before diving in.
5/10

@ze_gobou: I understand what you're saying, it's not fulfilling like making your own. There's a limit on how many different things can be made using automatic, but making one from scratch or even from a template has more possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back