• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Daily Chit Chat

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    of course, i've went to them all since Kamigawa

new cards:
    TCG Daily Chit Chat
    TCG Daily Chit Chat

New abilty: Haunt
    Red-Green Gruul Clans ability will be called bloodthirst

Just for kicks:

Vedalken Dismisser: Card of the Day - Monday, January 9, 2006
    TCG Daily Chit Chat
    TCG Daily Chit Chat

Ravnica common. Vedalken Dismisser was actually inspired by a Duel Masters card. Designed by Aaron Forsythe, it's almost an exact translation of Corile except that it costs one more mana.

not only that, Corile is 2000, Dismissser is a 2/2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Vedalkens also look like a combat-capable version of the Ori from SG-1...

I don't think I can go to a prerelease since I don't know of any around here.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I notice what's similar between them. I don't go to Magic pre releases because there is not a lot of time for them and here the price for one is around $40.

Simom, you can always check online. There is a prerelease in every state. The cards seem quite good. You can always check

Good Luck with it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Assuming you're in california...so big though @_@ i'll assume you're in southern, what about Pomona? is that any closer? only difference is that the prerelease there is on a saturday

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'm up north in Sacramento.

Someone needs to pick up the MtG CotW.

Last edited:

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Veldaken Dismisser might have the same fate as Corile did, being worshipped by control/Blue players of Magic, XD

Anyway, after long anticipation, the DM set Fatal Brood of Infinite Ruin (the Japanese call this set Invincible Blood) is out. And I must say this set promotes racism XD j/k (most cards in there have the effect "Choose a race. Creatures of this race......etc."). And the new Dragons (Ogrist Vhal, Izorist Vhal and Anrist Vhal) are the first dudes to have 0 power. They all work like YGO's Slifer the Sky Dragon, except that Orgist Vhal gets +3000 power, Izorist Vhal gets +2000 power for each darkness creature in the graveyard and Anrist Vhal gets +2000 power for each other Nature dude in the battle zone.

In my opinion this set is worth looking at. What really caught me is the artwork. Unfortunately, two of the Super Rares aren't double/triple breaker. The storyline of the set is interesting. This Nature creature called Stratosphere Giant (8 mana, 13000 triple breaker) put an end to Ballom's reign and Ballom is reborn in the form of a creature called Stallob, the Lifequasher (8 mana, 6000 double breaker that destroys all creatures in the battle zone when this card is destroyed). Of course, everybody (except the Fire, Darkness and Water creatures) rejoiced as the news came. Until of course the Fire army launched the Fists of Forever (1 mana spell that lets you untap one of your creatures if it won a battle) and Stallob started squashing their lives.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I'm just wondering this. Are you able to play GX cards with the orignal cards? I know this might sound odd.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i should, though i'm not really good at the ratings... ah well, i'll put one up some time this week hopefully
    TCG Daily Chit Chat

Izzet Guildmage

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mystic said:
    I'm just wondering this. Are you able to play GX cards with the orignal cards? I know this might sound odd.
    Please define "GX" cards.

There are not really a such thing as GX cards. Each card comes from it's own set, or alone as a promo but it seem you are saying that they come from the TV series.They are cards that are shown on the series but there is actually not a real thing such as GX cards from a set or anything like that.

Most online sites tend to make a category of cards that are shown on the series mostly called GX cards. Elemental Heros,Cyber Dragons, etc. Just mostly in a way to increase productivity .

You can play any card that has been relesed in english. But GX cards aren't a real thing.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    New card confirmed for the Shadow of Infinty sneak peak. From UDE

Ancient Lamp

Atribute:Wind
    Type:Spellcaster
    ATK/900, DEF/1400
    When your opponent's monsters attacks this card in face down Defense Position, you can designate another of your opponent's monster as the attack target instead! While this card is face up on the field, you can Special Summon a "La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp" from your hand!

Shadow of Inifnty pre releases are on Febubary 18 -19

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    What the heck La Jinn support cards? O_O;

Wind support is always good, but then have to be careful about Ancient Lamp's effect. Most of the time you will only activate the effect once, and it needs 2 monsters on the opponent's side of the field both faceup at least. Ah more cards to abuse in flip flop control decks. So much for Cyber Dragon-Don Zaloog classical attack-tag-team now =3

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    New cards with a new card set for the 5 colors
    TCG Daily Chit Chat

TCG Daily Chit Chat
    TCG Daily Chit Chat

-Your "opening hand" is the hand of cards you decide to start the game with after taking any mulligans.
    -After all players have decided not to take any more mulligans, players choose Leylines to put into play, starting with the player who will be going first and proceeding in turn order. Each player may choose any number of Leylines. The cards are revealed and put into play at the same time.
    -Leylines that start the game in play aren't played as spells. They can't be countered. After each player has exercised his or her option to put Leylines into play, the first turn of the game begins.
    -The player who will be going first chooses the relative timestamp order of all Leylines that start the game in play.
    -(digi) - Flavor Text: Where ______ and ______ converge

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Lamp sounds simular to the card's effect from the show. Only its not a spell card and La Jinn can be destroyed. I think they should've released this in the second Kaiba deck, but thats my oppion.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Prerelease:
    Played Orzhov w/ green splash, perfect first 2 rounds, lost 1 match 3rd, got obliterated by Ghost Council 4th round, dropped after that so i could draft

Booster Draft:
    Played Orzhov again, same theme, won first round 2-1, went on to face a (excuse the next language please) freakin evil badass Izzet Deck of Doom and pwnage with Niv-Mizzet, and even if i beat him, i'd go on to face another freaking evil deck >< ah meh, least i lost to a good deck (First match lasted like an hour cuz i kept gaining life with my Orzhova XD)

after i finish editing this orzhov deck to casual play i'll go ahead and get the deck on here

Last edited:
    Back