• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Starter

What shall I do next?

• Buy a deck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Know the cards better

• Have experience by battling people (but where?)

• Total voters

Taposa

;)
Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Um...Could somebody tell me tips as a beginner in TCG?
    I bought my (real) deck on September 9/10, 2012. Although that was the first, I got a deck in a metal box. (not sure if fake, but it's old and I don't have it.) I also got and buy fake cards (All of this was during my immature years except the buying of deck.) and a person gave me A real card.
    The deck I bought is DragonSnarl of Dragon Exalted. Could somebody give me things to next, tips and strategies? Shall I buy a deck, buy booster pack or know my deck more? As much as possible, give me inexpensive idea. I live in the Philippines and 1 deck = P800. 1 booster pack = P200. 1 booster box = accurately P5000. (P5200 for Dragon Exalted) We are not very rich. Sorry for the troubles

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't think there are any leagues or official tournaments in the Philippenes. In that case, if you are more interested in playing, I recommend you proxy all of your decks. Fitting card images to a proper size, printing them on paper, and adding them to card sleeves with cards already in them would suffice for all of your Pokemon needs if you don't want to collect proper cards. You could play with friends this way, and you'll be able to "get" every single good card that you want without having to spend any money on it except for paper and ink expenses.

In conclusion, my recommendation is getting sets of Pokemon/Magic the Gathering sized card sleeves, printing off card images, and playing Pokemon with your friends for a fraction of the cost of the true value of the cards.

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Well, somebody told me we have tournaments. (but I don't know if there is by Pokémon USA) I just want to play with friends then when I'm very experienced, I'll start joining the tournaments. (I lost today. :( )

Back