• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TCTI 8.6.0-rc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I'm not so much shy as I am reserved. I'm fine once I get going...it's just getting going that is the problem, aha.

pkmin3033

I suppose the worst that can happen online is that they don't reply, which isn't anywhere near as awkward if you make a fool of yourself in real life...

pkmin3033

He's too busy murdering [insert relevant thing here] to converse with us mere mortals ;_;

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023

I'm here to say Discord > IRC. Please no hate.

pkmin3033

MSN > everything else, though. Although Discord letting me screw about with the overlay is fun. Now if only it had a music player plugin...

pkmin3033

I'm not adding bots to my channel...yet. Not unless literally everyone demands it. xD

It's evolving. Although in a decade or so it'll be just as bad as Skype is now and nobody will use it. The circle will be complete. xD

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023

Once there was a DJ Macho that used to be my discord radio, playing all these sweet tunes and stuff.

I don't believe Discord will fade and decay as soon and rapid as Skype did, after all they don't have that much competition that actually comes close to what discord is. I suppose there's alternatives like IRC and Curse, but nothing really gets close to Discord. Oh and the API and all from Discord will probably keep people busy and interested in Discord for quite some time.

pkmin3033

Not yet, anyway. Give it time; something just as good or better will come along in a few years; these online chat client things burn out eventually. Skype kinda died when it merged with Windows Live Messenger, though. That was a messy end to a very messy time, aha.

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023

I don't really doubt that there will eventually be something just as good or better, after all it seems that the company behind Discord (Hammer & Chisel) have had another business before Discord, and it doesn't exactly have good reviews. But for the time being, I love being on Discord and I'm going to create memories just as the Skype and MSN memories.

Ugh, it's actually disgusting to see what Skype has become. The merge, filled with advertisements and bloat, and lets not forget about the Skype Premium thing that's almost necessary now to not make Skype be a total pain to run.

pkmin3033

Yeah, I guess you take what you can when you can. Discord is a fun enough place...fun enough for me to have it on in the background literally every time my laptop is on >.>
    I'm on Skype for literally two people right now...if not for them I'd probably uninstall it. xD

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Doom is such a fun game and hearkens back to ye olden dayes when 10MB was considered massive

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023

I've seen a new Doom game on Steam, think it was a multiplayer game. Heard it was really bad though, something about Halo rip-off and being overpriced.

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023

o-oh no what have I done.. ;n;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back