• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tea

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Was just wondering if anyone loved tea like me. I love all types of tea but raspberry and chamomile tea are so refreshing. I started drinking tea when I was about ten and I usually have at least three cups of tea a week, they keep me going throughout the day.
    What kind of tea do you guys like?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't drink that much tea because the basic kinds of tea, the tea-tasting teas, taste gross to me. Iced tea, for instance. Anything that has that undertone of iced tea in it is gross which rules out most teas.

I did really like this one tea my boyfriend bought at Teavana - it was half of their orange tea and half of a chocolate tea so it tasted like orange hot chocolate. Except...watery. Because tea.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I don't have hot tea very often, maybe a few times a month, but the ones I do enjoy are flavors that friends have told me "aren't real tea" lol. Iced tea is a far more frequent thing for me.

For hot tea, I love cinnamon apple. With honey and lots of sugar, it tastes like a freakin' candy apple. In liquid form.

As far as iced goes, I love raspberry iced tea, there's almost always a pitcher in the fridge. c: Lemon's okay, I don't mind it, but I never really buy any flavor that's not raspberry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Morning - Assam, sometimes with milk and sugar, sometimes black
    On a Sunday morning, Earl Grey

Afternoon - Ceylon black tea or darjeeling. Sometimes when I'm in the mood, a chai tea (unfortunately I've not had the pleasure of trying a real masala chai)

Evening - Lapsang Souchong sometimes Jasmine tea (not tried as much as I'd like, tends to be hit and miss)

With a meal (or any time of day actually) - green tea, sencha when I feel like a change, otherwise just gunpowder.

Tea to avoid - almost anything that is blended, anything flavoured and anything British that isn't Twinings

I've tried a few others and not found any of them particularly special. I tend to stick with what I know. The best tea I've ever had by far was some brought back from China. It wasn't expensive, just some low grade green tea from a market; and it still tasted way better than anything else I've ever tried.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I'm drinking tea right now!

I like tea that's infused with stronger flavours, like fruity ones, and Typhoo, everything is better because of typhoo.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I love green tea I have it almost everyday. Iced Tea is also really big in my house so I will drink a cup of that as well. I rather have Tea than coffee or soda. Tea has help me cut back on my soda drinking.

Years
  • I don't think i've ever tried tea. I may have once and I recall not liking the taste of it.

I've also heard that tea can dehydrate you and make you thirsty.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I always drink tea. It kicked me out of my soda habits. I don't get all fancy with it it though. I just buy cases of Arizona brand tea. I always get sweet tea to drink throughout the day and green tea to drink in the morning before a workout.

@Stargazer
    Most teas have caffeine in it, so it does dehydrate you somewhat, but it's nowhere near as bad as soda or anything like that. Green tea doesn't have caffeine in it though, so that's why I drink that before a workout. Which isn't necessarily a good thing either since you should start hydrating 3 days before any major physical activity.... But oh well.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think i've ever tried tea. I may have once and I recall not liking the taste of it.

I've also heard that tea can dehydrate you and make you thirsty.

They say that of everything with caffeine, and in reality it's only true under specific circumstance - if you drink 10+ cups of tea in one sitting, for example.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Big fan of hot and iced tea. Regular hot Lipton tea is my go-to remedy when I'm sick, although Chinatown has this really good tea that's like half milk. And I drink iced tea like all the time when I'm at school.

Years
  • Most teas have caffeine in it, so it does dehydrate you somewhat, but it's nowhere near as bad as soda or anything like that. Green tea doesn't have caffeine in it though, so that's why I drink that before a workout. Which isn't necessarily a good thing either since you should start hydrating 3 days before any major physical activity.... But oh well.
    Caffeine and theine are the same thing. The only difference consists in the fact that the first one is called so because it is found in coffee, while the second one is called so because it is extracted from tea leaves. Only later it had been found out that both chemical formulas are identical, when the names for both had already been given. In the end, it's the same substance.
    The amount of caffeine in green tea is 30-50 mg for a 225 g cup, less than other kinds of teas, but still caffeine it is.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well I'm from Alabama, so tea for me means iced with a ton of sugar. That's the way for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of tea. Iced Tea, hot tea, black tea, green tea, flavored tea...ANY TEA. I like minty teas, because they help me relax and helps me recover from panic/anxiety attacks...like I tend to usually have nowadays. It also helps reduce stress and calms my mood.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Next time you're at Starbucks, get a "sweetened trenta passion tea lemonade with raspberry." If they ask you if you want all 7 pumps say yes.

It's the perfect summer drink. I promise you. And I found that all on my own through experiments!!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I drink iced tea. When prepared correctly, it's a fantastic drink to have all year round and goes great with any Southern-style dinner.

I never understood the whole concept of hot and/or flavored tea. Like, at first, I didn't even know that was a thing. Now I just don't understand flavoring or why people want their tea hot. I heard it's good for singing, though, to mix a bit of honey into warm tea. Might need to try that. But still, it's so weird.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've only ever tried regular tea with milk and I find it kind of tasteless, even with four spoons of sugar. I prefer drinking things with real flavour.

Back