• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team ______ is better than ______

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh sigh, activity's low, I can still see threads from last year.

Just as a little spice up. I want you guys to remember all the evil teams you've seen in the anime. There's probably enough to debut a Pokemon version of RISK, you know >__>

So we have:

Team Rocket
    Team Aqua
    Team Magma
    Phantom's Pirates
    Team Galactic
    Pokemon Hunter J's Sexy Army
    Team Plasma Not yet. I can hear the N fangirls a-Squeelin
    And the other dumb Pokemon Ranger teams with horrible puns as names, if you're desperate.

Aand, I don't think I've listed all the teams from the Anime canon.

What team did you think was the best? Which one would you agree with? Do you think J is sexy? Discuss this and more in this thread. It's all about the villains, folks.

By villains I mean: Anything that's not the TRio >__>

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I will go with Team Magma. That's because I hate the sea, I hate swimming, I hate all the dangers that arise by having the sea, I just hate it. I would definitely support Team Magma's cause.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Oh sigh, activity's low, I can still see threads from last year.

Of course you do, they don't exspire for another 19 days.

Im not quite sure how we do/play this?

Years
  • Reminds me, I need to do my anime Magma/Aqua compare/contrast. Heh.

Team Magma is better than most of the evil teams in the anime until Galactic. They had actually successful missions compared to the others (i.e., the Weather Institute and the Slateport Museum episodes).* Not to mention, Ash and crew had a proper introduction with Maxie, which was never done with Giovanni or anyone else until Cyrus came along.

In terms of overall treatment, Galactic probably had the best writing and the best payoff. Rockets never had it, though, the closest was Mewtwo. Magma/Aqua certainly didn't. Hopefully, Plasma wouldn't be screwed up.

J is not sexy. Sorry, that will always be... oh, no, she'll kill me. Ahhhhhhhhhh. *Is dead.*

(Tune in next post to find out which villainness killed Charaxes. Is it Mars? Is it Cassidy? Is it Athena? Is it Shelly? Shifty eyes.)

*I forget the episode titles to those two episodes, at the moment. Feel free to refresh my memory, if you wish.

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • Even if Team Plasma was a choice, I wouldn't pick it, even though I'm one of those said N fangirls...I don't like Plasma that much :I

Team Rocket never appealed to me...Butch and Cassidy are still some of my favorite characters to date, but they don't really represent Rocket as a whole.

Magma and Aqua...I have no opinion on them, really. They were ok, but meh...

Galactic. It's kind of a "I love em, but I don't" sort of thing. They've always appealed to me the most, and seemed to have the most organization. But that's just me.

J. Nothing more to be said but:
    -insert a large number of spammy "less than three" symbols here-
    She just always seemed the most sinister to me, and that's major points. (:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Oooh My favorite team is Team Rocket, the older Team Rocket cuz they used to make me laugh a lot. J is my favorite serious villain, she was freakin awesome, oi now I feel like watching the episodes with her in them.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • To me, Team Rocket was okay, but I wanted more sinister plots to them
    Cassidy and butch, not much. I liked Jessie and James better than them, they appeared in nearly every episode that if they don't appear in one, it feels downright strange.
    Team Aqua and Team Magma...in my opinion, were okay. I liked how they adopted a custom like water or land and stayed with it. They had former villains that were...villains.
    Team Galactic...nah. They wore strange hairdo's that immediately ruined their reputation. Why pick green out of all colors for the lowerclass?
    The best to me, is Hunter J. An astounding villain, good strategies and skills to be considered one, and downright evil. I like that.
    Team Plasma?...hmm...I need to see more episodes with them to understand them a bit more.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Team Galactic because they have the best motives out of the evil teams. J's team is on par with them.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Team Aqua is better than all the others because they have Archie and that's enough for me.

....but yeah, in all sense, if they were going to expand the fresh water somehow, it would be good. Better than stealing Pokemon or flooding the earth with lava, where you couldn't even survive by building a giant ark.

Years
  • Well, the new year has only just started!
    You're right, but let's try to keep things on topic.

Cipher is my favorite in game canon, but they never appeared in the anime. Next would be Team Magma, but both them and Team Aqua were handled terribly in the Hoenn saga. However, I did like their little special with Groudon and Kyogre.

I guess I'm goeing to have to say Team Galactic, or Hunter J's sexy army. They both appeared frequently and had a presence that just made you know that they were evil.
    It's just too bad that J was killed on-screen. Why couldn't it have been Piplup or something?

Back