• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Aqua/Magma

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Did anyone else get annoyed by them in RSE? I mean, I like smashing the crap out of them, but their plans were just...waaaay too far fetched. :( Why would you want a bunch of land mass? What good with that do to get rid of the sea and water supply? And why would you wanna get rid of the land? THEN YOU WOULD DROWN HOW WOULD YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU WANTED.

But yeah. That's the only thing that irked me. Otherwise I found them interesting. But...they rank the lowest as far as my favorite baddies go. What is your opinion of them?

Years
  • Team Magma are actually my all time favourite team :)

I find them to be quite amusing - sure their plot is a little ridiculous lol but I also loved having two teams in one game - and both had their place in my opinion :)

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Both had dumb and unbelievable intentions... But at least they had intentions, unlike Team Rocket. Correct me if i'm wrong, but both teams did not want to completely envelop the earth with land/water, they just wanted more of it. Like when Team Magma/Aqua freaked out when it became a massive rain storm/drought.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I liked the teams but agree that their ideals made NO sense. My hack takes place in the future with the teams completely remade. This time, their ideals DO make sense.

I just wish the official ones made sense.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • While thier plans were far fetched they did pose the most actual "Danger" to the world which is why I liked them...they weren't some group of regular thugs who just tried to make money. That being said I'd like to add I've never liked any of the bad teams, I know Pokemon is a kids game but you think these evil organizations who everyone is terrified of would have weapons and be a little more ruthless and less stupid.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • If you hate them Syd then you should join the Team Rocket Fan Club.

Yes their plans were
    Team Aqua/Magma
    but when you think about it so were Team Galactic's. They did not think through their plans and did not even consider the consequences. And then they act all shocked when there is lots of rain/sun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They were the team I liked the least out of them all thus far (discounting 5th gen, still waiting to play it in english) - their plans were certainly too hard for me to swallow. HAY GUYS MAKING THIS VOLCANO ERUPT WILL HELP EVERYONE! ^^ was a bit much, to say the least. :x

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I have to say these were my least favorite team. Their plans were not even realistic ( Team Galactics plans were understood with some explaining). Also the two team was a great idea i think emereld made the best display of both teams.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I dont remember much about Team Aqua/Magma since its been a few years but from what I remember they didnt seem any different to any other environmentally motivated extremist group I know of that exist in the real world. The only difference is while these people use explosives and weapons, Aqua/Magma use Pokemon.
    I know people are going to disagree with me and I respect their opinions but if you think about it in a political sense, they are using violence to provoke fear so they can achieve their goal (no matter how outrageous it is).

That being said, they arent my favourite team and its not like I'm trying to start any fights, more just give my input taken from real life experience.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Team Aqua better than Team Magma because of their outfits and the Pokemon they use. Their motives of expanding the sea and land respectively are just too insane.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I liked them both, their uniforms were nice and Archie is sexy- but I feel like they could have used more... development? Like, logical reasons why they are doing what they are doing, not just "We like land! I want more space for my house!" or "We like the sea! Fish FTW!"

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I loved Aqua. Shelly was so awesome as was Archie. And they had cool pokemon. Their uniforms were excellent, not silly or Lady Gaga like as Galactic was. I loved their emblem too. I didn't really care for their logic, I guess they just wanted to defeat Groudon and have Kyogre reign superior.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    They both have very uncreative ideas. I really don't like them. I don't get annoyed by them, but I've gotta give them credit for having an imagination THAT wild. xD

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Magma ftw... I agree that in R/S/E the plots were a little much, but I liked it because they had a specific goal, unlike Team Rocket (who seemed too have a bit of A.D.D. in G/S/C amirite?)

And they're outfits were cooler... Logo was cooler... The volcano scene made more sense... And I was playing Ruby version on a red GPASP :P

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Magma's the best, I personally dislike aqua simply because of Archie. He angers me >.>

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I like Team Aqua more than Magma, because of their designs. But their motives were stupid. How are you going to survive with no land, you'll down? And how are you going to survive without water? Oh yeah, people in anime don't drink water.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • Of course their ideas were completely ridiculous.. I mean, when has a team in any of the generations really had a genuinely good idea? But I think that is one reason why we can still find them lovable, there is a bit of unbelievability so that we're not completely turned off to their team.

I've always preferred Team Aqua, probably just because I abso-positivo-lutely love water pokies! I also liked all the rain after Archie messes stuff up... Is pretty. :3

Back