• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Discussion: What's Your Style?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Emerald:

Swampert: Big fan of it, love that Water/Ground typing.

Azumarill: One of the first Pokemon I caught in Emerald, so I was very drawn to it. Also, a good combo with Swampert.

Electrode: I felt an Electric type would hold the team together. One of the fastest in the game, so this one was very useful.

Shiftry: I needed some more type balance so I stuck with Shiftry. A very underrated and forgotten Pokemon.

Hariyama: I trained a Makuhita from early on and it was a great choice. Very slow, but it had good Attack and decent Defenses.

Skarmory: Didn't really use Skarmory outside of Flying, but it should be credited because it clutched the Norman battle after the rest of my Pokes fainted from Slaking.

FireRed:

Charizard: The original, the classic. One that won't let you down UNLESS there are Rock types.

Snorlax: That bulk and that Attack. One of the best to use in a playthrough.

Zapdos: Yeah, using Legendaries in-game isn't cool, but Zapdos is one of my favorites regardless.

Lapras: First playthrough actually using Lapras. It can take a hit and deliver one just as powerful.

Nidoking: Extremely versatile Pokemon with one of the best movepools in the game. It can use STAB Earthquake while also running Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

Machamp: Another great Fighting type. Fantastic Attack and decent bulk.

Years
In any generation, I pick Pokemon randomly. I just pick the Pokemon I want then later.... BOOM! Now I have my team.
That's all really.

I also replace some of my Pokemon when I find better ones.

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
I usually just pick Pokemon up as I go, but I typically have a Nidoran (M) and evolve it, same with Pidgey. I'll also have a few temps in my party for their HM moves, but I box them later when I can get a more powerful Pokemon that can learn the same move.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well all have very well team. Now i did a little change. I have Metagross & a new Lugia. JUST TRADE IT ! I get the lugia in Emerald by cheating. And I really like my new partners.

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
Years
R/S/E: Blaziken, Sharpedo, Flygon, Gardevoir, Linoone, Absol/Dusclops
LG/FR: Venusaur, Primeape, Pidgeot, Raticate, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Hypno

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
R/S/E: Blaziken, Sharpedo, Flygon, Gardevoir, Linoone, Absol/Dusclops
LG/FR: Venusaur, Primeape, Pidgeot, Raticate, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Hypno

Good team though. Blaziken is my favorite starter. I also like Flygon. Gardevoir. And also Nidoking & Nidoqueen, And I would like to hear more detail and information about your style.

Back