• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Team Faze [Need Spriters]

NOTICE: SPRITERS WELCOME

Team Faze

Banner by 07harris/Codec.

We will be hacking FireRed for our first hack.

Possible recruits: Welcome to Team Faze! Here we strive to make a hack that will be known as one of the greats. But we're not here for popularity - we're here to make a great game that people will enjoy, and that we will enjoy making. With a great story plot, some new tiles and palettes, stunning maps, a brand new region, and *gasp* some great fakemon, this hack will be thoroughly enjoyable from the start of making it to the release of the finished product.
    After the finished product, or even late in production, we can start working on something other team members would like to do.
    I've got the whole summer ahead of me with nothing to do but hack, so... Yeah, this baby is getting done one way or another.

Basic Story
    Spoiler:

Fakemon
    This is my main concern, I've got 53 or so of these bad boys laying around just waiting to be sprited.
    Spoiler:

New Tiles and Palettes
    Tile Credits go to Alistair (and possibly Reck, I honestly can't recall). Inserted by me.
    Spoiler:

Team Needs
    Urgent/Needed/Helpful/A nice addition
    Spriters - Tons of fakemon need sprites, and I'm no good at it.
    Graphics - It's all about presentation. CSS and GIMP (or whatever art program you prefer) preferable.
    Spriters
    OW Editor - New heroes call for new sprites, which in turn require new OWs... And I'd like them to do justice to Kirbychu's sprites.

SPRITERS!

How to Apply
    Okay, this is what you've all been waiting for (hopefully).
    The application is fairly simple:
    ScreenName - This makes it feel more formal, which is odd because I'm really not a formal kind of guy.
    Position - I obviously need to know what job spot you wish to fill. It had better be spriter.
    Proof of Work - Just making sure we're all competent at our jobs. Just show me past things you've worked on, or if you're new a short script or sprite.
    Other Projects - I'd like to know what hacks you've worked on (can be used as proof of work) and any you're currently working on/helping with.

Let me give you an example:

Name: Curt_09 (You can refer to me as Curt), or Triforce of Chozo (Chozo or ToC)
    Position: Scripter, Mapper, Tile Inserter, Sprite Inserter, Owner
    Proof of Work: My previous solo hack that I couldn't finish due to extracurriculars. Check out [/COLOR]Pokemon Crystal Onyx, it contains some excellent scripts.
    Other Projects: Super Smash Bros Brawl (I spend a LOT of time playing it.)

If you join, you'll get to put this neat userbar by tjwilliams in your sig.
    Team Faze

Code:
    [*url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189129][*IMG]https://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5947&pictureid=43798[/IMG][/url]

Current Team
    Me - Look up a few lines.
    PokemonSkySD - Spriter
    5qwerty - Spriter

On Vacation
    Kirbychu - Spriter

M.I.A.
    Bantroid - Spriter
    RSC ELiTE - Mapper
    TehSquidly - Spriter/Artist

Well, that's it. I'm working on the game, proceeding as usual, but just know that there will be no releases until the appropriate number of fakemon are finished.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I guess no one is interested...
    Oh well, I added some content to the first post. Hopefully it will attract someone...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Name - 07harris/Haz/Harris
    Position - Banner Maker/Titlescreen Editing(text and pic)/OW Editor
    Proof of Work - Banner Making - proof in sig - Blazing Empire/Elemental Curse Blah Blah!
    Titlescreens -
    Team Faze

OW's - have a look at my pixel art thread (link in thread)
    Other Projects - I am a bit busy but can handle jobs - I am working on several teams as a banner maker but they already have a title screen editor!
    Other Info:
    About titlescreens - i can only edit the picture with a sprite that is already in the rom!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Welcome aboard 07harris! I see you can make good banners... Mind whipping up something to go at the head of this thread?

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
    Years
    Name: Adam (Adam)
    Position: Mapper
    Other Projects: None. It doesn't mean I'm bad though!
    Look at my PM for pictures.
    Need more? Just ask.

I can also write the dialogue and just to say... You must add side quests!!! And I'll be happy to write them!

Last edited:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hello
    Name - Hypershadow189 (call me Hypershadow)
    Position - Mapper
    Proof of Work - (is kind of long)
    Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Some Old things
    Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Other Projects
    - Pokemon MetalRush Check the Scrapbox
    Hope I will make it

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    RSC Elite - Looks good, will this be the first hack you've worked on? Anyway, welcome aboard.

Hypershadow - Some of that looks a little sketchy, like the unnecessary use of bushes, squarish areas, and that modification of Route 1 you can only go down and not back up on... Well, I'll help you iron out some of those problems. You're in too.

I'm pleased, this is starting to look better. Full up on mappers now. With three plus myself, that's all filled up.
    Still in desperate need of spriters and a world map changer!

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Name: Denali (you can call me Den)
    Position: Dialogue/Writer, Mapper if you need me to be

Below is the first chapter I wrote for my fanfic for the writer's lounge....

Aaron woke to the sound of his alarm clock. It buzzed with annoying frequency until he slammed the clock with his right hand. Silence upheld in the room until Aaron's mom shouted from downstairs.
    "Aaron! Time to get up sweetie! Don't want to be late for your big day!"
    He sat up and rubbed the grogginess from his eyes. He began searching the room for any sign of clean clothes. Aaron's room consisted of many toys and playthings from his younger years. Pokeball replicas, pokemon toys, and many other trainer collectibles he gathered over the years lay cluttered over the floor and counter. When he was young, he dreamed of being a pokemon master.
    Aaron thought as he searched, eventually finding a semi-clean pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. He then grabbed his sweat worn hat; it had a blue base with a red rim. As Aaron grabbed his back pack he twisted his cap backwards.
    Walking down the stairs, Aaron shouted, "Ok mom, I'm ready!"
    Aaron's mom, a thin women with light brown hair and pale skin, looked at her son with worry and love. She stroked his dark brown hair while saying, "You be careful now, you here me?" Aaron nodded shrugging off the worry. "I know mom. If someone beats me in a battle then give them the correct amount of money, and if-"
    "I know you know all that, Aaron. I mean you be careful. I worry about you, you know?"
    "I know mom…."
    The two stood saying their goodbyes. She made sure he had enough food, packed a few clothes, and anything else he would need on his journey. Aaron said his goodbyes and promised he would visit in a week or two, as an official pokemon trainer!
    Aaron pushed opened the door to the famous Oak Laboratory and walked inside. A few assistants dawdled here and there, cramming books into the many bookshelves that lined the walls. Aaron spotted Professor Oak on the far end and started to walk towards him, but was stopped when Gary blocked his path. "I see you have no pokemon yet, Aaron. Plotting behind as usual, I guess. Well, I'll smell ya later. Don't wanna be behind because I'm hanging with some loser! Ha! Well see ya Aaron!"
    Aaron stood glaring at Gary as his rival walked out the door. He thought to himself: Yea, I will see you later. He snapped out of it when he saw Oak standing before him. "So are you ready for your pokemon, Aaron? Or are you just going to stand their looking kind of goony?' Aaron shrunk back in embarrassment as Oak walked towards a table with a single pokeball on it.
    Oak cleared his throat before saying, "Whenever your ready, there on the table is your own pokemon!" The old man then turned around grabbing a pokedex and some poke balls. "And these are poke balls and a contraption I invented." He handed them to Aaron. "That's a high-tech encyclopedia. It has recordings of most pokemon out their."
    Aaron nodded in thanks and turned to the poke ball. He approached it slowly taking in a deep breath of fresh air. He grabbed the ball pushing in it's release button, releasing a beautiful array of colors. The colors quickly formed into a mouse shaped pokemon; features gradually appeared revealing a young Pichu.
    Aaron shook his head wondering what the creature was. He turned to Professor Oak, but he just pointed to the pokedex, saying, "Use my invention. Just point, click, and it will tell you."
    So Aaron did as he was told, and pointed the pokedex towards the Pichu. The machine responded by saing it was a Pichu. Aaron nodded his head. He motioned for Pichu to climb on his shoulder and so it did. He thanked Oak and walked out the door; one step closer to reaching his goal of becoming the pokemon master!

The images below are my scripts in action! I also can do givepokemon and giveitem scripts decently. I just started this week....

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Denali - Looks like you can write. Good, I get some major writer's block at times. You never know how mapping is gonna go, and I could teach you some scripting. Three new members today. :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Denali - Looks like you can write. Good, I get some major writer's block at times. You never know how mapping is gonna go, and I could teach you some scripting. Three new members today. :)
    Thanks Curt, I appreciate it; anything you need I'm on it....

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    Probably stupid to state, but could I be an official beta tester? My skills at Scripting are poor, my mapping skills are moderate. But I'm good at finding issues within a game and able to fix any map problems, just to mention that.

Previous Projects - None on this forum, they were private ones a few of my mates put together, including Pokemon Napalm.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you accepted me into that role.

Teapot Turret

Don't look in a Teapots stout!
    Years
    Name: Teapot Turret/Gunnery Teapot/Fusion spriter/The Tea's Gun
    Position: Spriter (Fakemon Creator), and text editor.
    Proof of Work: Fakemon: Click here. My insert image this is broken.
    Proof of Work 2: Text editing

[URL]https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby.png[/URL]

[IMG]https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby-1.png

[IMG][URL]https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby9.png[/URL]

[IMG][URL]https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby8.png[/URL]

Team Faze

[URL="https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby6.png"]Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

[URL="https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby1.png"]Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze
    [/URL]

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze

Team Faze
    Proof of Work 3: Starter Changes:
    https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby22.png[/IMG]

https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby21.png[/IMG]

https://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/13lade182/?action=view&current=PokemonRuby20.png[/IMG]

Previous Hacks: None. Faze version would be my first.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Name: Teapot Turret/Gunnery Teapot/Fusion spriter/The Tea's Gun
    Position: Spriter (Fakemon Creator), and text editor.
    Proof of Work: Fakemon: Click here. My insert image this is broken.

Previous Hacks: None. Haze version would be my first.

Okay, the fusions are nice but can you make scratch sprites?

Teapot Turret

Years
    Okay, the fusions are nice but can you make scratch sprites?

My post is updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can but I need a certain type before I can make it.

Example:

Type 1: Fire, water, etc
    Type 2: Fire, water, etc

Type of Pokemon: Dog/Beast (Suicune, Entei, and Raikou), Dragons.

Main Color: Red, Blue, etc

Related Pokemon Looks: any.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    My post is updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can but I need a certain type before I can make it.

Example:

Type 1: Fire, water, etc
    Type 2: Fire, water, etc

Type of Pokemon: Dog/Beast (Suicune, Entei, and Raikou), Dragons.

Main Color: Red, Blue, etc

Related Pokemon Looks: any.

Okay, I'm not worried about text editing I know how to do that myself. If I'm busy you can do it though.
    So, it sounds like you can sprite then. Are you available for immediate assignment?
    You're accepted.

Teapot Turret

Years
    Okay, I'm not worried about text editing I know how to do that myself. If I'm busy you can do it though.
    So, it sounds like you can sprite then. Are you available for immediate assignment?
    You're accepted.

Depends on when. Although, I do get off the computer at 1:30 AM and get on at 10:00 AM, I've been working on my little fake games. I can show a picture of my small Navel Rock.

And, I need to know one thing. Do you use the program Advance Map?

Also, I can make a video for the beta when it's released. My YouTube account is B5DHyperSparta.

One more thing. I can edit the background in the titlescreen, I just don't know how to implement it into the game.

Last edited:
    Back