• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Team Flare!

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    move if necessary, but I see no thread about this.

Team Flare are the enemy team for the Kalos region. There plan was simple, but eeever so slightly dumb.

Crime sucks. Let's kill everyone so it will never happen again.

They also liked to steal everyone's TM87. That wasn't cool.
    I liked them as an enemy team, and Lysandre makes some valid points. Some people are bad, and sometimes you wish they would just stop... breathing. So, what do you guys think? Do they suck, or are they cool?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was sort of disappointed by them, to be honest. They didn't seem to play much of a big role in these games compared to other villainous groups from previous gens, and when they did make appearances, it wasn't really… serious. It was actually more comedic than anything. Hope that they make some major changes to Team Flare in the next installment, and make them seem more of a threat. d:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I hated them. I mean look at all the villians we got.
    Team Rocket: We are the pokemon mafia. we steal and sell pokemon. Pure evil.

Neo Team rocket: Same thing but we also want our old leader back.

Team magma: We need more land so we are going to catch a pokemon that can intesify the sun and make the water dissapear? Seriously it would evantually turn back into rain right?. <-- Lame and stupid.

Team aqua: We need more water so we are going to cath a pokemon that can make it rain, but were does rain come from?from evaporated water.<-- same its lame and stupid.

Team galatic: Well humans are rotten so we are going to create a new world and erase this one, But cyrus will be the sole ruler of the new world and we will all dissapear( though the grunts didn't know that but still the admins just accepted that when they found out) . Cyrus went mad because he couldn't stand the world and decided he needed to create a perfect new world. Not really that original. A lot of bad guys in diffrent series think they are doing the right thing. But team galactic was pretty awesome and they actually were villians.

Team plasma: because some trainers don't treat their pokemon good we need to set those pokemon free (N). But at the same time we will steal pokemon from trainers and force them to do our dirty work and we will beat up a helpless pokemon to achieve our goals(wtf?). The fact that N didn't see this was lame. Though it was all that ghetsis came up with just because he wanted to rule the world and in Bw2 he actually wanted to kill the trainer with a pokemon(only time this was seen in he pokemon series). I didnt really see collres as a villian so. I really liked that ghetsis was so evil, he was the only one that actually wanted to kill someone and even attempted it. We had a real villian that we actually had to stop. And his theme? I don't need to say more.

Team flare: They were really lame even lamer than magma and aqua. I mean lysandere was like people don't treat this world and the pokemon good so we need to kill everyone including the pokemon themselves. The only one who can survive are the ones who joined my team. But the team is full of poeple that payed there way in and most of them don't even care they just joined so they wouldn't die and when lysandere gives you a way to save everyone and even when you pressed the right button, the docter is like i am still pressing the button and lysandere just says sometimes these things happen. I mean do you really want people like that to survive I mean he clearly is corrupt and you actually don't want people like that living right? I mean he's like the perfect example wy you want to kill everyone, so whats up with that? Seriously the lamest team that didn't make sense.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Many opinions. Justifying post: GO!

Some are complaining they weren't playing much of a large role. I prefer it that way. The past villains - while still cool - butted in too much on the main story, in my opinion. I want to be the very best! Not deal with some crime group who believe something or other.

Others say Lysandre's methods were rash and unjustified. Well, think about this. If you were left in a room with nothing but valuable items and a note saying, 'take whatever you want', would you walk out taking nothing? Of course not. People can become overcome with greed and spite, most likely Lysandre wanted a similar outcome to Cyrus. A new world, free of bitter feelings. If you were given the option to take out all anarchy from the world and make a world of peace, would you?

As for their appearances being comedic, remember, this is a kids game. I understand some older players would enjoy a solid enemy team, but at the end of the day, the main audience are the ones being entertained.

Anyway, you don't want to hear some teenager ramble on.

Years
    Team Flare was really badly executed, mainly because of Lysandre, who suffers from XY Character Syndrome, in that he's an important character in X and Y, and is thus, written badly. Seriously, his motivations are stupid: "People are mean so I'm going to commit mass genocide to make up for it".

It also doesn't help that his existence makes Sycamore, one of the few well written characters in XY, and idiot, because he didn't notice how blatantly evil Lysandre was.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    Team Flare was badly executed. They had no pokemon that emulated the beauty they were trying to project. (seriously they should have had Viivillions or like cute but deadly pokemon on their teams. at least fairy types!) Lysandre was a great villain and I wish he had at least one more pokemon on his team. But all in all he was great. I hope if they make Z it will be improved

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    somewhat cool, even though a little tacky. i mean, come on, they gave it tons of dedication, they were determined and they found the technology to destroy the world AND they made thousands of fancy suits for all members. :p

honestly, that's awesome, hehe. x3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The first time I run into them I was kinda confused, because they were just taking about them being stylish, or whatever. On the other hand: having them appear for the first time shortly after the first badge in a cave looking for fossils is a nice throwback to Team Rocket who were doing the same in the first game.

If you think about it: they did a lot of things, Team Rocket did, too (like the Poke Ball Factory part (Silph Co.)).

Sadly besides the throw backs there's nothing much about them...

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Team Flare disappointed me. Like someone already mentioned, they were badly executed. They didn't really drive the plot like other previous evil organizations and just seemed...there, like they were added to the game at the last moment. I do like Lysandre, but he also angers me. Imo, he's just a carbon copy of Cyrus, except he actually embraces his emotions.

Malva was a very interesting character, though. In a way, she reminds me of Lance from the Yellow chapter of Pokemon Adventures. Am I the only one who was a little bit shocked when Malva threatened the player with death? It made it all the more satisfying to beat her in battle, both at the Pokemon League and post-game. I can't help but think she's going to have a larger role in the sequel game. She hated the player for defeating Team Flare, fully supported Team Flare's goals, and she had access to classified information. Maybe she'd be the one to bring the team back? Who knows.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Team flare completely lost their credibility as threatening villains when they initiate their fights with a stupid pose, which is further enhanced by their ridiculous hair style (I know it's part of their theme, but come on!). The one instance that gave me hope that the rest of team flares aren't complete morons, was when a grunt became a geographic genius and actually blocked the short path in the powerplant level (why the hell isn't he promoted!?).
    The subleaders of the team weren't much better cause they always throw childish fits whenever they lose. Only Lysandre looked the part of a villainous group leader, and his motives was acceptably insane as villain's logic goes. But his rationale could have been much better fleshed out by having him talk a bit more about what he experienced in the past that caused him to go through with his master plan.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    i have no idea why everyone disliked team flare. they were pretty cool. i love their way of view and yes- also their clothing and styling.

only one thing to improve - they should have used prettier pokemon.
    ( like my beautiful cincinno ^_^)

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I hated them. I mean look at all the villians we got.
    Team Rocket: We are the pokemon mafia. we steal and sell pokemon. Pure evil.

Neo Team rocket: Same thing but we also want our old leader back.

Team magma: We need more land so we are going to catch a pokemon that can intesify the sun and make the water dissapear? Seriously it would evantually turn back into rain right?. <-- Lame and stupid.

Team aqua: We need more water so we are going to cath a pokemon that can make it rain, but were does rain come from?from evaporated water.<-- same its lame and stupid.

Team galatic: Well humans are rotten so we are going to create a new world and erase this one, But cyrus will be the sole ruler of the new world and we will all dissapear( though the grunts didn't know that but still the admins just accepted that when they found out) . Cyrus went mad because he couldn't stand the world and decided he needed to create a perfect new world. Not really that original. A lot of bad guys in diffrent series think they are doing the right thing. But team galactic was pretty awesome and they actually were villians.

Team plasma: because some trainers don't treat their pokemon good we need to set those pokemon free (N). But at the same time we will steal pokemon from trainers and force them to do our dirty work and we will beat up a helpless pokemon to achieve our goals(wtf?). The fact that N didn't see this was lame. Though it was all that ghetsis came up with just because he wanted to rule the world and in Bw2 he actually wanted to kill the trainer with a pokemon(only time this was seen in he pokemon series). I didnt really see collres as a villian so. I really liked that ghetsis was so evil, he was the only one that actually wanted to kill someone and even attempted it. We had a real villian that we actually had to stop. And his theme? I don't need to say more.

Team flare: They were really lame even lamer than magma and aqua. I mean lysandere was like people don't treat this world and the pokemon good so we need to kill everyone including the pokemon themselves. The only one who can survive are the ones who joined my team. But the team is full of poeple that payed there way in and most of them don't even care they just joined so they wouldn't die and when lysandere gives you a way to save everyone and even when you pressed the right button, the docter is like i am still pressing the button and lysandere just says sometimes these things happen. I mean do you really want people like that to survive I mean he clearly is corrupt and you actually don't want people like that living right? I mean he's like the perfect example wy you want to kill everyone, so whats up with that? Seriously the lamest team that didn't make sense.

I agree with everything here, but in b2w2 TP method was lame, freezing the whole region so that they can rule it, they were smarter in BW1. of course Flare's method was also lamer

This time they should give us something different, like the rulers of the region/GL E4 are actually evil
    like our world we live now...And the team turns out to have good goal.
    Malva was from TF but she didn't have a major role but being E4.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I agree with everything here, but in b2w2 TP method was lame, freezing the whole region so that they can rule it, they were smarter in BW1. of course Flare's method was also lamer

This time they should give us something different, like the rulers of the region/GL E4 are actually evil
    like our world we live now...And the team turns out to have good goal.
    Malva was from TF but she didn't have a major role but being E4.

Yes I also like this idea, but they actually already did this in the pokémon adventure manga.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I didn't mind Team Flare and their objectives over-all, I just wished that all of the fights against them hadn't been squished together into one big lump. It felt like there was a little bit of them here and there, then a giant wave of a bajillion battles, and then nothing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I still miss Team Rocket. I am not a fan of all the teams with their ideals to make the world a better place. But hey, that's just me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I agree with PikaBlue91. If they're trying to make the world a better place, why stop them? I don't remember exactly which game, but I once even agreed with a Team. Of course killing everything is not good, but sometimes they just freeze the world or something and nobody even gets hurt. I'd rather have a real criminal organisation which wants to corrupt pokemon or leaders for their own good, not the world's.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Don't you think Sycamore might be part of Team Flare?
    Team Flare!

Years
    Team Flare was an interesting part to the Kalos region. I can't say they're my favorite evil team of the franchise, but I liked the way the grunts carried themselves. Their personality as a team was developed successfully through the dialogue, which I think is important. Having the same theme and general ideas since the first generation calls for some way to spice it up. Their hideouts were a lot more interesting and well thought-out than previous games' counterparts.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Team Flare as a whole was considerably weaker than previous villainous groups, but Lysandre himself stands out to me because of just how mentally unhinged he is for a Pokémon villain. He genuinely believed that wiping out the human race and resetting the world back to zero was the only way to save the planet. Even Cyrus wasn't quite that crazy as his was simply trying to improve the world, not prevent its eventual destruction. XD

Back