• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team for tourny

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
    Years
    I am using this team for an upcomming tournament, and I want to make some last minute changes. This is definitely one of the better teams I've had in a while, but it does have its problems. Most of the Pokemon are not as sturdy as I would like, and the team is severely Jolteon weak.

Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

I added Mamoswine to try to help the Salamence and Zapdos weakness I was having at the time, and it usually manages to scare them off with the threat of Ice Shard if I don't mispredict into a Fire attack. I don't particularly like Mamoswine, as I have to switch out of too many leads like Bronzong and Infernape, and those leads generally carry SR. I'd like to have some kind of an anti-lead that'll be able to set up SR.

Testaceous (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Personally, I think that testaceous is the perfect name for a Scizor. It means having a hard shell as well as being dark-red in color. The perfect name for the perfect CB sweeper. Scizor has been doing its job well, and and hasn't caused very many major problems for the team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rest
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Suicune has, like Scizor, been doing its job as a Heatran, Gyarados and Swampert counter well. If I manage to get in enough CMs in, it can 6-0 entire teams, and like Scizor is one of the central aspects of my team. I'm not really having any problems with Suicune.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Explosion
    - Flash Cannon

I'm not a big fan of this Magnezone, as the Choice Scarf is too limiting, I rarely use Flash Cannon, and it doesn't do enough to steels like Jirachi or Bronzong. I'm not quite sure about what I'm going to do with it; I like its speed but I feel like it needs more power.

Machamp (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Rest
    - Payback
    - Sleep Talk

I don't like this Machamp very much. It doesn't have the defenses I would like despite Rest and it always seems to die too quickly. The speed also causes problems because it can easily be outsped. Are there any alternative options for a Pokemon like Machamp?

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

I feel indifferent about Latias. It can be useful in some cases but I don't really feel that it is vital. It hasn't really been helping me with much, but it hasn't caused any major problems. Latias is really the only Special Defense on the team, but it can't really protect the team from special sweepers. I wouldn't mind replacing it.

Threats:
    Jolteon: Jolteon is the biggest problem for my team. It 2HKOs Mamoswine with Hp-Grass, 2HKOs Lati with Shadow Ball, and OHKO Suicune with Tbolt. I've been thinking about relpacing Latias with Porygon2 to try to counter it. Will that work out?

Bronzong: I can't do much to Bronzong with magnezone. Tbolt and HP-fire 3HKO (very slight chance at 2HKO), and its EQ ends up killing magnezone before that anyway. Most of the time I manage to beat it with Machamp eventually, but it's the lead Bronzongs that give me the most trouble.

Suicune: After it gets in a CM or two, Suicune is very tough to take down. Sending in my own Suicune doesn't work since they generally have more CMs than I do. Mostly I have to wear it out and sacrifice a few Pokemon to kill it.

I also seem to be suffering from a lack of special defense. Latias and Suicune are essentially the only ones that can take a special hit, but I feel like I need something better for that. I have been thinking about Snorlax, but I'm not sure of how to fit it in. Any suggestions?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    The team has a good all-roundedness to it, but it is very slow. Your Scizor in particular should really have speed EV's.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Keep the current spread on Scizor it helps switching into Latias/Tar etc and also ensures you survive a Blissey Flamethrower even with SR up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I am using this team for an upcomming tournament, and I want to make some last minute changes. This is definitely one of the better teams I've had in a while, but it does have its problems. Most of the Pokemon are not as sturdy as I would like, and the team is severely Jolteon weak.

Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

I added Mamoswine to try to help the Salamence and Zapdos weakness I was having at the time, and it usually manages to scare them off with the threat of Ice Shard if I don't mispredict into a Fire attack. I don't particularly like Mamoswine, as I have to switch out of too many leads like Bronzong and Infernape, and those leads generally carry SR. I'd like to have some kind of an anti-lead that'll be able to set up SR.

Good , but I think Lead Aero would help .

Testaceous (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Personally, I think that testaceous is the perfect name for a Scizor. It means having a hard shell as well as being dark-red in color. The perfect name for the perfect CB sweeper. Scizor has been doing its job well, and and hasn't caused very many major problems for the team.

I <3 this thing

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rest
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Suicune has, like Scizor, been doing its job as a Heatran, Gyarados and Swampert counter well. If I manage to get in enough CMs in, it can 6-0 entire teams, and like Scizor is one of the central aspects of my team. I'm not really having any problems with Suicune.

Not bad

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Explosion
    - Flash Cannon

I'm not a big fan of this Magnezone, as the Choice Scarf is too limiting, I rarely use Flash Cannon, and it doesn't do enough to steels like Jirachi or Bronzong. I'm not quite sure about what I'm going to do with it; I like its speed but I feel like it needs more power.

Naive Over Hasty , Zone doesnt need to lower its nice Def

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Ability : Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature ( + Atk , - SpA )
    -Close Combat
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Swords Dance
    -Ice Punch

Late Game Sweeper , an Ideal beast for your team

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt > HP Fire for owning Gyara and the opposing CM Suicune

I feel indifferent about Latias. It can be useful in some cases but I don't really feel that it is vital. It hasn't really been helping me with much, but it hasn't caused any major problems. Latias is really the only Special Defense on the team, but it can't really protect the team from special sweepers. I wouldn't mind replacing it.

Threats:
    Jolteon: Jolteon is the biggest problem for my team. It 2HKOs Mamoswine with Hp-Grass, 2HKOs Lati with Shadow Ball, and OHKO Suicune with Tbolt. I've been thinking about relpacing Latias with Porygon2 to try to counter it. Will that work out?

Bronzong: I can't do much to Bronzong with magnezone. Tbolt and HP-fire 3HKO (very slight chance at 2HKO), and its EQ ends up killing magnezone before that anyway. Most of the time I manage to beat it with Machamp eventually, but it's the lead Bronzongs that give me the most trouble.

SD Luke OHKOs Jolteon with ExtremeSpeed after an SD and deals an hefty damage to Bronzong with Close Combat

Suicune: After it gets in a CM or two, Suicune is very tough to take down. Sending in my own Suicune doesn't work since they generally have more CMs than I do. Mostly I have to wear it out and sacrifice a few Pokemon to kill it.

Your CM Latias can solve this problem with T-Bolt

I also seem to be suffering from a lack of special defense. Latias and Suicune are essentially the only ones that can take a special hit, but I feel like I need something better for that. I have been thinking about Snorlax, but I'm not sure of how to fit it in. Any suggestions?

Blissey Outclasses Snorlax At Special Walling ....

Comments in bold.

also , you might Replace Magnezone with Magneton for a higher speed

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
    Ability : Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature ( + Spe , - SpD )
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Explosion
    -Hidden Power Fire

Back