• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
Years
  • Hello again, decided to make another team. (Thank you too those that helped me with my other teams. They were fantastic!) Here they are.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp
    Moves: Focus Blast, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Hyper Voice

Salamance @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Earthquake

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 Hp/252 Spe/ 4 Def
    Moves: Spore, Baton Pass, Bulk Up, Quiver Dance

Infernape @ Assault Vest
    Nature: Adament
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
    Moves: Fire Punch, Mach Punch, Poison Jab, Thunder Punch

Ferrothorn @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 Def/252 SpD/4 Hp
    Moves: Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed, Explosion, Thunder Wave

Porygon-Z @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Hp
    Moves: Tri-attack, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse

Welp, there we go.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You could use Shadow Ball on Mega Gardevoir to hit Mega Metagross, Doublade or Jirachi, but the former two bone it anyway. Will-o-Wisp, Calm Mind or Taunt are the better options over that slot. 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe is the spread to go for; it lets Mega Gardevoir survive 2 Psyshocks from Latios.

Now that Salamencite is banned to Ubers, there's no reason to use Salamence once again. Dragonite is the better Dragon Dancer again this time around:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Earthquake/Fire Punch
    -Extreme Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale

Shell Smash is the better setup move on Smeargle, as it boosts offenses and Speed at once:
    -Spore
    -Shell Smash
    -Baton Pass
    -Ingrain/Magic Coat/Taunt
    EVs: 80 HP/96 Def/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo

Infernape is a terrible Assault Vest user, as it's still frail even with the item attached. Read this article on why Assault Vest is a terrible item on frail sweepers like Infernape. Even then, it should go mixed or act as a lead:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Overheat
    -Close Combat/Taunt
    -Endeavor
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 168 Atk/88 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Blaze

or
    -Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Mach Punch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Thunder Punch/Grass Knot
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 168 Atk/88 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist

Ferrothorn is way too bulky for Focus Sash. You're wasting away its fantastic defensive capabilities by running Explosion on it:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
    -Power Whip/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Porygon-Z seems good on paper, but it fails in practice. Its Speed isn't bad, but isn't good either, and its relative frailty doesn't help either. There are better special attackers out there, like Greninja:
    -Hydro Pump/Low Kick
    -Ice Beam
    -Gunk Shot
    -Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 40 Atk/216 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Protean

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I disagree with Platinum about smeargle. Shell smash shouldn't be used to boost the offenses of pokemon that have decent defenses but less than excellent speed, like ferrothon or gardevoir. I'd say keep it as it is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I disagree with Platinum about smeargle. Shell smash shouldn't be used to boost the offenses of pokemon that have decent defenses but less than excellent speed, like ferrothon or gardevoir. I'd say keep it as it is.

Shell Smash boosts the user's offenses and Speed twice as fast and doesn't take up 2 moveslots. The defense drops can be cured with White Herb, or the recipient can just be frail enough on either defensive end not to care about the defense drops.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Shell Smash boosts the user's offenses and Speed twice as fast and doesn't take up 2 moveslots. The defense drops can be cured with White Herb, or the recipient can just be frail enough on either defensive end not to care about the defense drops.

That would require the team be hugely changed, though, given that the only ones right now who doesn't suffer from a loss of defenses are Infernape and Porygon-Z. White herb would make it a bit better, but for only one pokemon.

Smeargle is fine with the moves it has in the original post, I think. It won't do any killing, but it serves its purpose.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That would require the team be hugely changed, though, given that the only ones right now who doesn't suffer from a loss of defenses are Infernape and Porygon-Z. White herb would make it a bit better, but for only one pokemon.

Smeargle is fine with the moves it has in the original post, I think. It won't do any killing, but it serves its purpose.

My main gripe about having 2 boosting moves on Smeargle is that you have to pick one to boost with, which limits what teammates it can Baton Pass to. Shell Smash, on the other hand, gives it more flexibility on who to give the boosts to. What I'm saying is if you use Bulk Up, you're limited to passing the boosts physical attackers; if you do Quiver Dance, you have to pass the boosts to special attackers. With Shell Smash, you have the flexibility to pass the boosts to either physical or special attackers, depending on what Smeargle is up against.

As I mentioned before, Quiver Dance and Bulk Up don't boost the user's stats fast enough to be worth passing to.

Back