• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help

Years
    Currently, I have 8 pokemon at a decent level that I'm training. Could you guys help me out with movesets and which 6 pokemon to use?
    Also, I have absolutely no interest in EV training. I want to make a good team, but I'm not gonna be playing for money or anything, so I'm not going to break my back over getting my Pokemon perfect.
    Though, I do care about items, but currently I don't have that many useful hold items...so if you could suggest items, that would be good, too.

Here are my pokemon's current movesets:

Alakazam:
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute

Torterra:
    - Earthquake
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Wood Hammer

Gengar
    - Hypnosis
    - Dark Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Gyarados
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Bite
    - Ice Fang
    I realize this moveset sucks. I really have no idea what to give him...He's my main candidate for one of the pokemon to leave out of the final team.

Infernape:
    - Close Combat
    - Flamethrower
    - Mach Punch
    - Thunderpunch

Garchomp
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

Salamence:
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Breath
    - Crunch
    - Zen Headbutt
    (I know this is total crap, I'm still trying to level him up before I start giving him TMs and such)

Tyrannitar:
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Dark Pulse

Last edited:

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    I'm not much of an expert on all those, but Salamence is so meh moveset right now:

Is he gonna be Physical or Special Sweep? And are they being EV trained? If you're gonna make him a physical, might as well give breed and give him Dragon Dance:

SALAMENCE @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Adamant: 252 atk, 136 spd, 122 hp
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang

or Special Sweep

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Modest: 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse

I'm pretty sure you'll have to rebreed to get Hydro Pump in though...

Years
    Itsgian- no offense, but there's no way I'm putting hydro pump on anyone. Surf > Hydro Pump.
    As for my Salamence, I was hoping to use him as a mixed sweeper. I also already used up my EQ tm on Garchomp. I might be able to import some in from older pokemon games...but other than that I'm fresh out of EQ.

Archer- Now that I think about it, I think my Gyarados actually has Ice Fang instead of Dragon Rage. So what would you suggest in that case?

Years
    Itsgian- no offense, but there's no way I'm putting hydro pump on anyone. Surf > Hydro Pump.
    As for my Salamence, I was hoping to use him as a mixed sweeper.

Archer- Now that I think about it, I think my Gyarados actually has Ice Fang instead of Dragon Rage. So what would you suggest in that case?

yeah i agree, surf is the best allround water type move

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Gengar
    - Destiny Bond/Confuse Ray
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Tyrannitar:
    -Stone Edge