• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Team Magma or Aqua?

• Team Magma

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Hello everyone! RSE are my favorite games in the Pokemon series. There are two teams in RSE... Magma and Aqua. I loved the fact that you could battle a different team in different games! Which team will you side with? I'm with Magma.

Discuss away! :)

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Team Magma simply because I like their emblem more.

Both teams are absolutely insane (just like all the other villains of course :P), so it's not like I can choose based on their motives XD

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I really couldn't say for sure. Archer and his Aqua team hunger force-er.... Team Aqua seemed a tad bit more insane. That, and they were Pirates, or they looked like them anyway. I thought they were much cooler than team Magma. Although Max was pretty cool too.

As for siding with them, I still would have to say Aqua. Not because Sapphire was my first RSE generation game. But because c'mon, their pirates! That's pretty cool! That, and Kyogre is, based on type advantages here, stronger than Groudon. If I had to support one of those two legendaries and blindly follow them, I would choose Kyogre.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Both are good teams, but I prefer Team Aqua. It's kind of hard to take Team Magma seriously, mainly because of their outfits. Their outfits look very childish to me. Also, I find Archie to be more evil-looking than Maxie. Maxie looks like one of those guys that help you out throughout your journey. xD

Years
  • I'm going with team shelly!
    Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Spoiler:

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Haha, Fenneking, I couldn't help but laugh at that post haha! Anyways, if I were to pick which team was the best, and that I would side with, it would be team Magma. I like how cool and collected Maxie is, and how fiercely intimidating Team Magma is, while Team Aqua just seem like a bunch of pirates.

Kyros

Watching carefully
    Years
  • Team Magma because if they ended up expanding the land there would be less water pokemon, and since there are more water pokemon than any other type in the game it would only make things more even.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Team Magma. The reason for this is there motives. They were planning on making more land. For people & Pokemon. Which i think is cool. {XD}

& in Pokemon Emerald i believe i remember the leader of Team Aqua start to panic when everything got Cray'
    Team Magma FTW.

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Years
  • Maybe it's because I almost exclusively played Sapphire, but I'm going to go with Team Aqua over Team Magma. Granted, both teams ideas of flooding or drying up the planet weren't all that well thought through, but at least life would continue existing in some form in a world of water (maybe not human life, though). Plus, Team Aqua were a bunch of pirates, which is much more exciting than whatever Team Magma's outfits were supposed to be.

Years
  • have to go with team magma. they just seem like such better villians.
    magma: hahahaha! we're going to make the volcano erupt! the lava will flow over the land and into the ocean, expanding the continents, expanding the land mass, and causing dramatic changes to the environment in the process

aqua: hahahaha! we're going to inactivate this volcano! and then over time, it will fill with water and become a habitat for water types, like goldeeen and magikarp!

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Aqua just because I played the Sapphire version.
    I never understood why people always say Aqua because I played Sapphire or Magma because I played Ruby. Wouldn't it be the other way around? In Emerald you go against both of them, but in Ruby you're on Aqua's side and in Sapphire you're on Ruby's side.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • It is weird to say cause I am an ninja I prefer the pirate team Aqua.
    Not because I played Sapphire/Emerald but because I liked Archie over Maxie.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Because of the team: AQUA
    Because of the goal: MAGMA

Team Magma has the right idea with wanting to increase the amount of land. Areas of the world are becoming over populated and we could do a lot more with some extra space. Plus the Hoenn region already has enough dang water!

However if we set aside the goal, I like Team Aqua the best. Although I don't agree with adding more water, I do like everything else about them. The whole pirate look is just awesome, unlike Magma's silly Halloween costumes. I played Ruby first and it's a good thing because I get to be on their side throughout the game and I don't have a problem with that! Believe it or not I actually prefer it to Emerald for that reason alone.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I never understood why people always say Aqua because I played Sapphire or Magma because I played Ruby. Wouldn't it be the other way around? In Emerald you go against both of them, but in Ruby you're on Aqua's side and in Sapphire you're on Ruby's side.

True that. I liked magma more so I bought sapphire! :)

Sirfetch’d

I'd side with team Aqua because Kyogre is my favorite legendary <3

Back