• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Team Magma or Aqua?

• Team Magma

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • If you go here. Two of the previous avatars are Aqua related. This tells you right away who my favorite team is.

But it's not because of what they stood for or what kind of Pokémon they used (Except Sharpedo, who is my favorite of Gen III). No, it was because of one, single, thing. Their style. They have the coolest looking dress code in the series. Magma looked stupid with their cat hoods, both Galactic and Plasma with their stupid hair and more even so than Rocket as they just looked like common thugs.

Yes, the bandanna made the look.

Aqua hands down. I always wished after Gen III that one of the new male protagonists would have a Bandanna. :(

Years
  • I like Magma's outfits more, but I voted Aqua. After playing both Ruby and Sapphire, I just preferred the big ass storm after they summoned Kyogre over the drought. It was cooler. Flooding the world just seemed like a darker goal.
    I didn't like either of their leaders though.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • Team Magma has the cooler outfits in my opinion. I don't really like the whole pirate/sailor thing that Team Aqua implicates into their outfits.

Years
  • Even though Ruby was my main version over Sapphire, I voted Team Aqua due to my favoritism for Water-type Pokemon.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • Even though Ruby was my main version over Sapphire, I voted Team Aqua due to my favoritism for Water-type Pokemon.

What do you mean "Even though"? In Ruby you're on Aqua's side! That's why I prefer Ruby over Sapphire.

Infinite Latios

Champion
    Years
  • Hmm... Tough call. For the leader, I think Archie is cooler than Maxie. But I like Tabitha and Courtney better than Matt and Shelly. Their outfits are equal... But, I think Team Magma's goal was less... destructive. More Pokemon and people would live if Team Magma succeeded than Team Aqua, since over half the world would drown. I say... Team Magma.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I still don't understand Team Magma's hoods. It's so hot in their hideout anyway, I can't see how they can stand to wear them. Team Aqua, however, is dressed for success.

Back