• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mystic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I joined team Mystic for a couple reasons. First, I like that the team leader is a female, like me. Secondly, my favorite color to wear is blue. I think it looks best on me and if this game continues to grow and I decide to purchase merch, I don't like wearing red or yellow. Okay, now the more important reason. I also chose Mystic because it is the evolution team and Eevee is my FAVORITE Pokemon and Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon. So, there you go. That's why I chose team Mystic! :pink_love:
    Those are pretty cool reasons to join Mystic - the evolution one especially is very interesting haha. Were the legendary birds a factor for you at all? How much do you care about the competitive/gym side of GO?

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • I joined team Mystic for a couple reasons. First, I like that the team leader is a female, like me. Secondly, my favorite color to wear is blue. I think it looks best on me and if this game continues to grow and I decide to purchase merch, I don't like wearing red or yellow. Okay, now the more important reason. I also chose Mystic because it is the evolution team and Eevee is my FAVORITE Pokemon and Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon. So, there you go. That's why I chose team Mystic! :pink_love:

It was so cool finding out the leader was female (like me also!). I look HORRIBLE in those colors too!! (my work use to have red shirts and it was awful ;-; )

What Eevee evolution is your favorite?! I love them all so much, but I've set out the time and energy to get the perfect shiny Umbreon with competitive stats. c: (it's a tie between Sylveon also- but I can't seem to get the moves and stats I prefer).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Just going to give this a little *bump*

Also, went out and played pretty hard the last two days and have completely changed the complexion of my top 6 Pokemon. I'm now in a position where I can compete when it comes to gyms!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just going to give this a little *bump*

Also, went out and played pretty hard the last two days and have completely changed the complexion of my top 6 Pokemon. I'm now in a position where I can compete when it comes to gyms!
    Oh that's cool to hear, how're they looking now? :o

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Oh that's cool to hear, how're they looking now? :o

Let's see, before the two day my top six were:
    1. Ted the Snorlax CP 1330
    2. Lapras CP 1239
    3. Bush Did It the Flareon CP 911
    4. Sparky Eevee the Jolteon CP 903
    5. Darryl the Electabuzz CP 795
    6. Martin the Venomoth CP 795

After the two days it is now:
    1. Ted the Snorlax CP 1330
    2. Rainer the Vaporeon CP 1262
    3. Lapras CP 1239
    4. Hypno CP 1068
    5. Starmie CP 1030
    6. Golduck CP 965

Honorable Mentions to Poliwrath CP 932 and Seaking CP928

6 of the top 8 are new Pokemon I either caught or evolved. So it was a pretty productive two days

Now to get nicknames on them

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Been capturing more gyms in the name of Mystic and getting some nice rewards for it! How many gyms have you guys been taking over for us lately? Are we spreading the Team Mystic logo? :D

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Realized I was close to 100 gym battle victories, so I went around my town painting it blue.

Team Mystic

Took the post office, fire department, and this random gym in the local plaza.

Also did a worthy snipe earlier in the day. I was completely alone, trying to level up a Mystic gym's prestige. However, a group of Instinct players were beating it down faster than I could level it on my own. Knowing this, I stood by idly until the gym went from level 4 all the way to 1. As soon as the gym fell, I threw my Lapras in there and had my troll moment of the day.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Also did a worthy snipe earlier in the day. I was completely alone, trying to level up a Mystic gym's prestige. However, a group of Instinct players were beating it down faster than I could level it on my own. Knowing this, I stood by idly until the gym went from level 4 all the way to 1. As soon as the gym fell, I threw my Lapras in there and had my troll moment of the day.
    Did the same thing yesterday - was out with my old friend in the local park and there were some guys taking over the Mystic gym so we stood around pretending to look at a tree for a few minutes whilst they wore it down and then sniped it at the very last second. Only put in a Magikarp (I'm part of the problem, not the solution :D) but oh god it was so funny, they were going at it for so long hahaha. Congrats on all the gyms btw :D

VisualJae

Years
  • I should've done it with a Magikarp, but I was fresh out of CP10 ones (became Gyarados fuel). I should save the next CP10 Karp I find.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Welcome Bard :D 274 CP for a level 5 trainer is actually pretty decent, you're doing well so far! Shame it's on a Hypno but it could definitely be a lot worse haha. You'll level up quickly to start with so you'll be taking gyms for us in no time don't worry! What kind of Pokémon do you seem to be finding a lot of around your local area?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I played the game back when it first came out with my gf's phone and was on instinct and then I got my own new phone at the end of the month and started up new. Most of my friends are on mystic so I decided to go ahead on jump on the wagon. Spent the first few days just catching things around and then went downtown twice for about 7 hours each time and jumped about 12 levels. Having a great time so far hahs

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I played the game back when it first came out with my gf's phone and was on instinct and then I got my own new phone at the end of the month and started up new. Most of my friends are on mystic so I decided to go ahead on jump on the wagon. Spent the first few days just catching things around and then went downtown twice for about 7 hours each time and jumped about 12 levels. Having a great time so far hahs

Jealous of those PokéCoins! Can't help but notice this Team 'Mystic' member is wearing bright yellow colours, hmm... are you sure you're converted? ;) Looks like you're making great progress so far so I look forward to seeing how many gyms you end up taking over for us! And I love that a Gloom is in your main team right now, one of my favourites ♥ Keep up updated on how your team comes along!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    So I think it's about time we turn up the Team Mystic charm! How about we choose ourselves a new mascot to start parading around and stuffing into gyms? Articuno is obviously the main one but we can't exactly use him, so what do you guys think is second best? I'm thinking Vaporeon or Lapras right now as these are two pretty iconic blue Pokémon in the game and they fit the icy theme quite well (Lapras more so!), but there's also Cloyster or some other ideas... What do you guys think?

VisualJae

Years
  • So I think it's about time we turn up the Team Mystic charm! How about we choose ourselves a new mascot to start parading around and stuffing into gyms? Articuno is obviously the main one but we can't exactly use him, so what do you guys think is second best? I'm thinking Vaporeon or Lapras right now as these are two pretty iconic blue Pokémon in the game and they fit the icy theme quite well (Lapras more so!), but there's also Cloyster or some other ideas... What do you guys think?
    I'd say 9 out of 10 times I stuff either one of my Vaporeon, Gyarados or Lapras in a gym. It helps that they're all strong Pokémon to begin with, regardless of color.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Got my mighty Tangela standing tall protecting the local gym for Mystic ♥

Spoiler:

VisualJae

Years
  • Got my mighty Tangela standing tall protecting the local gym for Mystic ♥

Spoiler:
    I have to say, that's the first time I've seen a Tangela standing on top of a gym.

Speaking of gyms, while waiting for my train to head to work this morning, I soloed a level 7 Valor gym—which at the top contained three CP2000+ Gyarados and a CP2000+ Vaporeon.

Ended up costing me 11 Hyper Potions and 6 Revives, but I claimed the gym in the end. I held it for about half an hour because no gyms last that long. I wonder when the Valor players managed to level that gym's prestige... probably before most people had to wake up.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I have to say, that's the first time I've seen a Tangela standing on top of a gym.

Speaking of gyms, while waiting for my train to head to work this morning, I soloed a level 7 Valor gym—which at the top contained three CP2000+ Gyarados and a CP2000+ Vaporeon.

Ended up costing me 11 Hyper Potions and 6 Revives, but I claimed the gym in the end. I held it for about half an hour because no gyms last that long. I wonder when the Valor players managed to level that gym's prestige... probably before most people had to wake up.
    Oh wow that's pretty good! I've never beat a gym personally, but I did capture an empty one!

Back