• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Orange Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Hey, what about Pokémon: Orange Adventures!

I like that but there is already a hack named that. Names are not copyrighted on here so we could go with that but I want to try and go with something different.

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
    Years
  • I like that but there is already a hack named that. Names are not copyrighted on here so we could go with that but I want to try and go with something different.

How about these ones?
    -Pokémon:
    Order of the Orange Islands

-Pokémon:Orange Crew(lol)
    -Pokémon:League of Orange
    -Pokémon:The Encounter of The Islands

Edgar7878

Years
  • Sorry, but since this is my first hack I have no idea what you are asking. What's a hacked engine?
    A hacked engine has a lot of features:
    -You can add it over 60000 OWs
    -You can change the place when you faint and goto hospital(sorry for bad explaining)
    and blah blah blah
    But if you use a hacked engine all the scripts,warps,persons...poof!
    But there is a program called Hack Amplier(or somethnig else like that) you can just add an option to a regular firered Rom. When you do that scripts,warps etc. ... not poof! So its very good for hacking.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    A hacked engine has a lot of features:
    -You can add it over 60000 OWs
    -You can change the place when you faint and goto hospital(sorry for bad explaining)
    and blah blah blah
    But if you use a hacked engine all the scripts,warps,persons...poof!
    But there is a program called Hack Amplier(or somethnig else like that) you can just add an option to a regular firered Rom. When you do that scripts,warps etc. ... not poof! So its very good for hacking.

Whichever is easier, I don't care which one at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    @Silver25: Which skills have you got? Maybe mapping, huh?

Well, I am pretty good at coming up with storylines (English is my 2nd best subject). Composing music for sure. As for actually hacking, I am going to try and map but it's my first time. Slowly but surely I'm beginning to learn scripting (Ruby, RGSS, and Pokescript). But for the most part I think I am a decent spriter. Definitely not the greatest in the world, but I get by and they are getting better and better.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • i think ruby and rgss are the same thing. though those are the scricpting languages for the rmxp programs. i think the 2 most best stuff to learn in a rom hack are xse pokescrpit alt, xse is better. and ASM (ASeMbly(sp?))
    xse - scripts
    asm - modify the way the rom is built /adding palletes/ows/many stuff

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    i think ruby and rgss are the same thing. though those are the scricpting languages for the rmxp programs. i think the 2 most best stuff to learn in a rom hack are xse pokescrpit alt, xse is better. and ASM (ASeMbly(sp?))
    xse - scripts
    asm - modify the way the rom is built /adding palletes/ows/many stuff

Well, I am learning both Ruby (is it the same as RGSS? I have heard it is a little different) and Pokescript because after this hack I am going to attempt to make a game in RPG XP. I came up with the idea while working on the story for this hack and thought that if I did it as an original game from scratch as opposed to a hack then I have more flexability for the game itself. But I'm not starting on that game until we finish this.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • oh you want to attempt a game?
    \haha join me, and to of my other friends were trying the same thing leter xD
    yea i figure you should be maily trying to learn the hack stuff, and wait a while on the game.
    anyways we should get started in a while or somethi8ng =P

Edgar7878

Years
  • oh you want to attempt a game?
    \haha join me, and to of my other friends were trying the same thing leter xD
    yea i figure you should be maily trying to learn the hack stuff, and wait a while on the game.
    anyways we should get started in a while or somethi8ng =P
    Are you sayin' to me, or Silver? Maybe both.:D

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Skills: Starter Changer,Evolution Editor,TitleScreen Cry Changer,Shiny Event Maker, and Moveset Editing. Thats about it i think.
    Proof of work: Will provide proof once you tell me which skill you want to hire me in.
    Past experience: Working on Pokemon DeathWish.
    Contact information: Just PM me if intrested and i will drop you a reply.

Learath2

Scripter
    Years
  • I can help you can you giveme your msn from pm
    EDIT: ASM isnt a scripting language its low level programming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back