• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma and their "Liberation"

Years
  • Okay, I'm probably going to annoy someone but I can almost say I agree with Team Plasma in B/W... but only to an extent. Why take Pokemon from ALL people? What about those that actually treat their Pokemon good? Why not only take Pokemon from those that truly misuse them? That's what I don't get about them. That and their hypocritical idea of freeing all Pokemon by USING them... (not to mention that one grunt kicked Munna in the DreamYard.....)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I honestly never understood Team Plasma, but I thought their battle theme was cool so I didn't actually dislike them (lol). Why were they taking Pokemon away from strangers while at the same time abusing their own Pokemon? What was the point of the grunts if N basically did all the work in his own castle (besides for obtaining the necessary items to summon the legendary). Their goals and ways of execution seemed to clash... just a little bit.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    You're not alone, I partially sympathize with Team Plasma as well (I'm concerned with animal welfare in real life). I initially had a hard time understanding Team Plasma, as their situation would seem to create cognitive dissonance in the grunts using Pokemon to free Pokemon. And then I realized they seem to be modeled after extremist animal welfare groups in real life. The way those groups see it, the only way to prevent future abuse is to get rid of situations that could potentially create them; all of the negative man/creature relationships outweigh any positive ones.
    Now back to Team Plasma specifically, for those that actually believed in Pokemon liberation, if the only way to free Pokemon from abusive masters was to use their own Pokemon, then that was the way it had to be. It was a temporary servitude that was furthering the betterment of the world. Plasma Pokemon were being forced to serve for the greater good, and once they had helped create their ideal world, then their Pokemon could also be set free.

Or at least that's how I see it.

This mindset only applies to those grunts that actually believe in Pokemon Liberation, not whatever world domination plans Ghetsis was actually trying to achieve.

Years
  • Yeah, the whole thing with BW Team Plasma is that they believe they're doing the right thing, and they make you question why you're training Pokémon if this is what happens to them. You could question that some of the grunts may have known what Ghetsis wanted all along, though.

Back