• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Wow, been awhile since I've been here.

True, but the making money part was mainly Giovanni's mother's agenda when she was in-command.

When Giovanni inherited it, he focused the syndicate on making money AND ruling the world.

Eh...not really. All they wanted was to bring Giovanni back THEN focus on the things you've said.

You sure you wanna see Groudon as a "god"? He didn't really have any deity-like prowess like Giratina, Dialga or Palkia or Arceus. And its not really that they tried to "blow up" Mt. Ember, they were just trying to awaken Groudon who was inside at the time.

Wow...sorry but your sort-of making them more evil than they were...

They weren't trying to "drown" the the planet. They were just trying to expand the water masses to "make more aqua habitats for aquatic Pokemon by awakening and manipulating Kyogre.

I....guess a cult can work. But they didn't wanna rule anything....in this world anyway. But yea the whole syndicate was concocted by Cyrus with a twisted dream of manipulating both Dialga and Palkia to "create a new world" where there is " no conflict or strife of any kind" since he believed "Spirit" was the enemy. And yea, Cyrus was using all of them, including Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, and Charon. Sadly only, Saturn was mature enough to walk away and not overreact to Cyrus's disappearance.

Anyway, the outfits of Plasma are..weird to say the least. Plus the objective of Plasma....to be hones, I saw this coming. No lie. But that's what doesn't make sense to me. Everyone seems to be comparing them to the PETA but corrupt. I guess but it just doesn't make sense to me.
    I agree with you on the teams, but who put down mount Chimney as Mt. Ember...know your Hoenn geography who ever said that...
    Actually the one pulling the strings behind N was Geechisu so the real purpose was to rule the world by depriving everyone of pokemon...which still sounds crazy and doomed to fail in a way...more than Cyrus' plan in my opinion...

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Wow, been awhile since I've been here.

True, but the making money part was mainly Giovanni's mother's agenda when she was in-command.

When Giovanni inherited it, he focused the syndicate on making money AND ruling the world.

Is this from the anime? Well, I see them as different continuity, personally, and as Giovanni's mom wasn't in the games, then that part isn't applicable. And TR, in the games, doesn't seem to want to take over the world. But maybe I missed something.

Eh...not really. All they wanted was to bring Giovanni back THEN focus on the things you've said.

Then why bother with the Slowpoketails? Why not just continue going in secret? They seemed to do well in it during the past three years. They were still going after money, that's the only explanation I could think of. You could say they were gathering money to get the technology, but then how could they have been together for that long? Since it's kind of implied that they were Team Rocket even during those years.

But maybe I'm wrong with this.

You sure you wanna see Groudon as a "god"? He didn't really have any deity-like prowess like Giratina, Dialga or Palkia or Arceus. And its not really that they tried to "blow up" Mt. Ember, they were just trying to awaken Groudon who was inside at the time.

I wasn't seeing it (Groudon/Kyogre as gods) as how I saw it, but it kind of seems, TO ME, how the games were treating them, with the formation of the land and the sea, and I likened them more to the Roman/Greek gods anyway A lot of those gods don't have deity-like prowess, yet are still gods. And how would they have woken Groudon up with a meteorite on top of the mountain? Not to mention the SECOND time, they wanted to blow up the mountain by sending a rocket into it... After Groudon woke up.

Wow...sorry but your sort-of making them more evil than they were...

They weren't trying to "drown" the the planet. They were just trying to expand the water masses to "make more aqua habitats for aquatic Pokemon by awakening and manipulating Kyogre.

Meh, I wasn't ever good at defending Team Aqua, so maybe I did get a bit carried away with them. BUT it still seems that it could do a LOT of damage to costal cities anyway, so millions would still have died, as Kyogre's storms would probably be likened to Hurricanes. We know how much damage those can cause.

I....guess a cult can work. But they didn't wanna rule anything....in this world anyway. But yea the whole syndicate was concocted by Cyrus with a twisted dream of manipulating both Dialga and Palkia to "create a new world" where there is " no conflict or strife of any kind" since he believed "Spirit" was the enemy. And yea, Cyrus was using all of them, including Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, and Charon. Sadly only, Saturn was mature enough to walk away and not overreact to Cyrus's disappearance.

Team Galactic, the cult, seemed to want to rule over the world to me. MAYBE not over the people, but if they were the only people left, then they would, technically, rule the world, and not just THE world, but a PERFECT world.

Anyway, the outfits of Plasma are..weird to say the least. Plus the objective of Plasma....to be hones, I saw this coming. No lie. But that's what doesn't make sense to me. Everyone seems to be comparing them to the PETA but corrupt. I guess but it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's basically a reaction to how people have been catching pokemon from their habitats. We haven't seen people try to even go for their freedom, which, to me, didn't make sense, as Pokemon is basically dog-fighting with superpowers. The members have good intentions to have people releasing them, but...

Spoiler:

And I know that last part is debatable, I really do. And if my Plasma explanation didn't make sense, then I probably won't continue, since I am having a hard time wording everything.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Is this from the anime? Well, I see them as different continuity, personally, and as Giovanni's mom wasn't in the games, then that part isn't applicable. And TR, in the games, doesn't seem to want to take over the world. But maybe I missed something.
    I usually see things like that as canon, same with the 3rd edition for every generation ( Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum). Even though the origin of Giovanni was only in a Japanese OVA, I still say it works. But I guess that where we differ...

Then why bother with the Slowpoketails? Why not just continue going in secret? They seemed to do well in it during the past three years. They were still going after money, that's the only explanation I could think of. You could say they were gathering money to get the technology, but then how could they have been together for that long? Since it's kind of implied that they were Team Rocket even during those years.

But maybe I'm wrong with this.
    Maybe its best to say that there we doing both?

I wasn't seeing it (Groudon/Kyogre as gods) as how I saw it, but it kind of seems, TO ME, how the games were treating them, with the formation of the land and the sea, and I likened them more to the Roman/Greek gods anyway A lot of those gods don't have deity-like prowess, yet are still gods.
    But Groudon and Kyogre weren't based off of the Roman/Greek gods, they were based off of the behemoth and leviathan in hebrew lore, but whatever....

And how would they have woken Groudon up with a meteorite on top of the mountain? Not to mention the SECOND time, they wanted to blow up the mountain by sending a rocket into it... After Groudon woke up.
    Wha? Oh right, when they tired to take over Mossdeep City's Space Center. They weren't planning on blowing up the volcano with a rocket, but with rocket fuel. They were planning on using rocket fuel from the space center to make Mt. Ember erupt.

Pokemon is basically dog-fighting with superpowers.
    uh....wow......that's bit.......dark....isn't it?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Free Teh Pokemonz!

To me, Team Plasma seems like a Pokemon's version of PeTA. Except... The leader of Team Plasma has uber teleporting-like abilities. (ಠ_ಠ)

Last edited:
    Years
    At the user above, Musharna was creating illusions to protect Munna.

But yes I still think Team Plasma looks retro and they're not as weak as Team Galactic. They actually have good Pokemon.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I usually see things like that as canon, same with the 3rd edition for every generation ( Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum). Even though the origin of Giovanni was only in a Japanese OVA, I still say it works. But I guess that where we differ...

Maybe its best to say that there we doing both?

Yeah, I concur with this.

But Groudon and Kyogre weren't based off of the Roman/Greek gods, they were based off of the behemoth and leviathan in hebrew lore, but whatever....

The Roman/Greek gods were an example of how they would be seen as Gods, not how I would see them as. I know they were based off of the Behemoth and Leviathan. If I said that they were, then I apologize.

Wha? Oh right, when they tired to take over Mossdeep City's Space Center. They weren't planning on blowing up the volcano with a rocket, but with rocket fuel. They were planning on using rocket fuel from the space center to make Mt. Ember erupt.

Even so, that's still pretty nasty. Probably nastier then what I said.

uh....wow......that's bit.......dark....isn't it?

No, it honestly isn't. That is literally pretty much what it can be seen as. HOWEVER, a lot of pokemon don't really mind this, as they are... usually... taken care of pretty well. (Other criminals probably don't take care of them too good, especially Cipher) So they are treated better then their real world equivalents, in a lot, if not a majority of cases.

Years
    I think Team Plasma is the greatest thing since sliced Poffins. Team Magma, Aqua, and Galactic are clown shoes. Finally a team with some Pokéblocks. And their theme song is easily the best thing I've heard in a long time. And they're little knights!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hey I have been wondering are the grunts of Team Plasma smarter than those the Rockets and the Galactics? cuz those two teams had some pretty dumb grunts...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hey I have been wondering are the grunts of Team Plasma smarter than those the Rockets and the Galactics? cuz those two teams had some pretty dumb grunts...

I guess that's a matter of opinion, but as the generations go by evil teams bound to get smarter some time. Team Plasma seems to be one of those fierce and serious teams that don't play around much. I would assume throughout the game they take their work in what they are trying to accomplish more seriously than the others. However, I have yet to figure that out for myself.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Where do I go?

I beat N at the end of the game. Then i had to face the other green haired dude with the weird eye thing, but I lost. Then it sent me to the pokemon center right before i face the elite four, but when i tried to go back to face the green haired dude, it wouldn't let me. Where do I go?! How do I get back!?!?! Can anyone help me?!?!?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This thread hasn't been posted in since October and therefore is dead. Please don't revive dead threads.

Team Plasma Discussion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back