• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Pokemon: The Prequel

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016

Progressing Hacks topic:

Introduction
    Hello everyone,
    My name is LightningrodRhydon and I have a dream of making my ROM hack named: Pokemon: The Prequel, happen.
    Beforehand, I would like to warn you all that English is not my native language, so bear in mind I might make some grammar or spelling mistakes.
    The reason I would really like to make this hack happen is because it has a real unique story that can make for a really fun and original hack. The Red and Blue games were the ones where this whole thing all started, and everyone is familiar with their characters and story, and it would be awesome to expand on this adventure by explaining everything that happened before it took place. Too bad a hack takes a lot of time and effort to make in a professional way, and I am simply someone with a laptop and an idea, not some talented sprite-artist or scripter. But this is where you can help. The more people we can get to help on the project, the more likely the hack will become a real thing. I won't be asking for trained professionals only, all help is welcome.

What I am looking for
    As I said, you defiantly won't have to be a professional to contribute. If you can prove you have the required experience/talent to add something to the hack to make it the best it could possibly be, you will have a shot at making it into the team.
    People we most defiantly need include:

-Spriters (fakemon, overworld sprites, move editing)
    -Tile artists (I would like to give the hack it's own tiles, as it adds a nice feel to the hack)
    -Scripters (from simple signposts to complex walking NPC's, we need scripts written for the hack)
    -Mappers (not really that important as the city's and routes will be the same as fire red's for the most part)
    -Title screen hacker (a rom hack isn't a rom hack without a nice title screen)
    -Music inserter/editor (optional, but would be nice if we could get one)

If you are interested in joining the team, please post below using this application form:

Name:
    Time zone:
    Experience:
    Position:
    Way to contact me:

EDIT: I know I did not give info about the hack, but the forum rules state that you should not put a hack description in your team threat. My progressive hacks threat has not been approved yet so thats why I can't tell anything about what the hack is about.

Banner:

Last edited:

Tyranitar Killer

Tyranibeast
    Years
  • is this based on Agatha and Oaks journey and also
    Name: Do I have to put in my actual Name
    Time Zone: Eastern Australian Time (Melbourne, Sydney etc)
    Experience: I have dabbled in hacking not completing an actual hack yet for a year
    Position: I am good with music so I might do that but I can help with Mapping and putting the hack in English
    Way to contact: Just PM me

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Name: V.V
    Time zone: GMT 8+
    Experience: 8/10
    Position: Title screen inserter/Scripter
    Way to contact me: Only here at PC via Vm or pm :P

Proof of my work at my signature :)

Years
  • is this based on Agatha and Oaks journey and also
    Name: Do I have to put in my actual Name
    Time Zone: Eastern Australian Time (Melbourne, Sydney etc)
    Experience: I have dabbled in hacking not completing an actual hack yet for a year
    Position: I am good with music so I might do that but I can help with Mapping and putting the hack in English
    Way to contact: Just PM me

I am wondering this too because I am making a hack about Oak and Agathas journey and the great pokemon war so if it is we can combine our hacks to make a bigger better one quicker :)

Years
  • Name: Pasasin is my username, Michael is my real name.
    Time zone: AEST which is the timezone for Australia.
    Experience: I have experience in music insertion, a little in mapping and can create a title screen(i am not the best at it yet)
    Position: Music maker, mapper and title screen maker.
    Way to contact me: Gmail, Skype, Steam and Pokemon community. Private mail me for my contact details.

Back