• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket: A Failed Organisation?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I agree, cause I don't think the Pokemon creators would like the bad guys [Team Rocket] to win, since their bad. But I would love to see Team Rocket suceed for once.

Let's hope the pokemon producers did something useful to team rocket and make them evil as "Team Rocket Organisation" meant to be and less blasting off.

I would like James and Jessie to carry upto 6 pokemon rather then having 4 which would help them.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    What do you mean?

Team Rocket is multi-BILLION dollar organization.

How else could they hire all those grunts and constantly get Jessie, James and Meowth all those mechs every day.

OBVIOUSLY GIOVANNI IS THE RICHEST MAN ALIVE. :U

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Jesse James and Meowth are of course the utter failures.

But because the Organization itself is not the focus of Ash's journey (at the time of the English dub, anyways) there really isn't much need to have a story with them. I'm sure they probably invaded and Island or two and generated very advanced research, for research is necessary before making any significant things.

In fact, they probably almost nuked Pallet Town, scuffled with the citizens, broke a few fires, and suddenly fell slaves to an army of random pirate Hypnos and nobody cared.

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
    Jessie and James are a lot better in BW they have better plans, they haven't been blasted off they escape when they fail, in episode 4 they succeeded in stealing a load of pokemon from the Battle Club but failed in taking Pikachu, they only tried to take Pikachu when they had the oppurtunity to (They found him knocked out in a box while they were in the battle club pokemon store room)

Years
    Jessie and James are a lot better in BW they have better plans, they haven't been blasted off they escape when they fail, in episode 4 they succeeded in stealing a load of pokemon from the Battle Club but failed in taking Pikachu, they only tried to take Pikachu when they had the oppurtunity to (They found him knocked out in a box while they were in the battle club pokemon store room)

What? No blast off??s :o

I did read that they got a new uniform, I wonder what the motto's going to be like.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011

What are you talking about?

They didn't successfully steal any Pokemon in episode 4.

Years
    Wow, you are saying that my assumptions suck, while you are yourself making a baseless comment. Did you even read what the thread was to discuss? I'm asking what Team Rocket has achieved. Whatever big endeavors Team Rocket undertook under Giovanni have failed. They might have terrorized the petty trainers all around the region, but haven't done anything more than that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

I never said you're assumptions suck. I said that you saying that they suck isn't right. :/

Aside from creating Mewtwo, Jesse & James helping Ash (Which isn't much of an accomplishment) they haven't done much that we've heard about. Like I said, they can't be that terrible or they would've disbanded ages ago.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Nah... They are not fail...

Jessie and James are merely there to be comic relief, honestly. They make better heroes than villains. I mean, it's easy to tell that they are not the best people that Giovanni has ever hired, because he either always tries to get them out of his sight, becomes highly sarcastic with them, or he just plain dismisses them as much as he can. Just because they can't catch a Pikachu doesn't really reflect too much on the rest of the team.

For instance, look at 009. Domino was pretty awesome, not only could she do amazing stunts but she could fight a Scyther off her with just a stick. She can jump, run, and command very well. She has a head screwed on right. And she admits that Team Rocket agents work in all kinds of places, you just never know. A Team Rocket member could have been following Ash all along and just haven't struck yet, or maybe Ash is just lucky as he infamously is and Team Rocket being infamously unlucky. ((Such as 'blasting off' or Domino falling into the bucket.))

That's what I think. I think Team Rocket is actually really awesome, it's just that many people are tired of seeing Teams, especially Team Rocket, and don't really look for the good in it. Giovanni even hired Hun and Attila, even though they failed at capturing Raikou, it showed them later capturing Rayquaza. I mean, that's pretty good.

My hypothesis is that if you join Team Rocket you're doomed to be jinxed! lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I think everyone who complains about Team Rocket's villain decay should watch Best Wishes. They've improved tremendously and are actually a threat now.

True, they are now a genuine threat in BW. Too bad the writers had to apparently take their sweet time until now to actually do this: If, as indicated by Takeshi Shudo's statements as to why they replaced Misty, they felt Team Rocket was important as an antagonist, they should have just made them the same threat that they are in BW way back in AG when such an excuse would have actually been valid, and NOT keep them as the Comic Relief.

Back