• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Though!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    So everyone i know loves team rocket. well jessie james and meowth to be exact. and i kinda realized that the reason they were so serious in the black and white anime is because the black and white games were so serious. the story line was probably the most serious ive seen in a pokemon game. maybe they were trying to reflect that from team plasma since they were so serious. but what do you guys think? did you like it or do like that they switched to being funny and stupid again?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd say being that serious was just way too much of a turnaround for them. We know they're kind of incompetent and silly but honestly good people who are just on the opposite side of things with a bit of a law-breaking streak in them. To have them suddenly be proper operatives was just strange. I like how they are in XY so far- not around all the time and actually posing a decent challenge- and that's how they should have been in BW imo. Doing their own missions and that but still running into Ash&co and being their silly selves.
    They gotta find the right balance of competence and personality for the TRio, really.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I like it when they suck but I also like when they're challenging like on the episode that was on today about froakie and greninja. They caught both pikachu and greninja. And it was hard to defeat them but I want them to be both funny and challenging.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I didn't like it at all, unfortunately. :( It's what made me turn away from the series, to be honest; Team Rocket were the only ones bringing comedy into this show majority of the times, and having them limit that just didn't cut it out for me. Not sure if they've gotten back to their older selves (haven't watched X and Y yet), but if they did, that's great; very happy about that!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I certainly think that it was unusual seeing Team Rocket being serious in BW. But then again, they were like that in the beginning of Series 1 also. I think that in XY they have a really nice balance to where they're not too goofy, not too serious. It's a spot on combo and they do pose a real threat now, which is awesome.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I think it's strange that Team Rocket suddenly became serious as if overnight, but I think it was somewhat justified by the fact that they came to a whole new region with actual plans. It could've happened in any other region too, but Unova was the most isolated region at the time (it still may be depending on Kalos's location) and there was little presence of Team Plasma until later in the series.

I prefer the serious Team Rocket because they no longer interfere in every episode and have better and more thought-out plans. Like others are saying, Team Rocket is well written in the XY anime. They don't appear in every episode and they still retain some humor while remaining serious when it comes to stealing Pikachu. The one thing from BW's Team Rocket that I really liked was the arcs that revolved around a Team Rocket's plans. Like when Meowth teamed up with the twerps and the conclusion to the Meloetta episodes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I personally loved it! I thought it was just the perfect time to do it as well. To me they were getting a bit stale and this really freshened up and breathed new life into the characters. They played it really well too.

I love the goofy silliness of team rocket same as everyone else, but I think for the sake of giving them a good storyline instead of pikachu chasing, it worked brilliantly.

Back