• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket's Motto

Years
  • Well Firstly, I am glad team rocket is back to using their original motto, as in my opinion is the best one and the one I'm most use to hearing. Throughout the series, they have changed their motto a number of times. Some I liked, but some were just plain silly to me (Diamond and Pearl series). Do you all think they will eventually change their motto again? And which one do you think is their best one?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Do you know, I loved Diamond and Pearls motto. But for just pure nostalgia it has to be the original. It's like my childhood wrapped up in one line.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The Current ''Team Rocket Moto'' is a proof of Director/Writers imcompetence !!!

What do we see in current ''Team Rocket Moto'' ??? Petals , Digital background and a giant R .
    The same thing for 4 year non-stop.

Now Ask yourself , How was "Team Rocket Moto" during Original series ???

Can you honestly answer that ? NO
    Because "Team Rocket Moto" was different on every episode of Original series !
    Sometime , Team Rocket dressed as magician and do magic trick while performing there moto ! Sometime Jessie & James push each other while performing their moto to be in front of Camera. Onetime James perform moto while Jessie on his back and he pass out before finishing it so the Moto end with "Surrender Now , Surrender , Surrender"
    That Why " Team Rocket moto was funny back then ! Because it was unpredictable and random But now its the same moto being used over & over.
    Seriously, Does those guys think Digital bckground and flashy light make it better ? Those fools are just so dependent on flashy animation that they throw away Script & Plot on the garbage.
    Its the problem of every single Gag of the series ! Like Bonnie's "Sister-in-law" hunting Or Iris's "Such a Kid".

FYI : The Anime Franschise getting its ass-kicked by Yokai-Watch & other competition So don't say Writer & Dircetor doing everything for the Franchise

Atleast , Takeshi Shudo could force Other writer to come up with different "Team Rocket Moto" and other gag in every episode unlike Tomika who is just too lax & weak , He let other writer do whatever they want as long as their is a episode per weak .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very glad that they change their motto, to be honest. It's indeed a good thing to cling to something sometimes, but at the same time, it's also bad, as it has some decent amount of chance of making things seem repetitive and stale. For them to keep Team Rocket interesting and relative, I suppose this is one, minor change that they make throughout seasons.

As for which one I like most, it's probably got to be from Advanced Generation series--one that includes Wobbuffet. The Pokémon seems to help add a feeling of laid-back and whatnot, which, I believe, makes it more fun to watch.

Years
  • I've always loved Team Rocket's original motto the most. It to me it's the best-sounding out of all their mottos. Though, I will admit that their Diamond and Pearl motto has some nice appeal to it.

Back