• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rockets New Look!~

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Now they fit in with the other rockets :)

I was always wondering why they used to wear white. It will take a bit of getting used to though, seeing them in black for now on.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Actually, if you look at the character designs and compare them with Sakaki's, you'll find his is closer to black, while theirs is now simply a VERY dark gray, but lighter than the "black" of the uniforms.

It still shows their nature as free spirits and non-conformists, even among Rockets, but yes. Now they're closer to the other Rockets...

I hope to see this taken in interesting directions.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    It's hard to say whether or not they've actually been promoted or demoted, since the rank above and the rank below "white uniform" both carry similar black uniforms.

Agreed. As well as with the others who say "Advanced Troops" may be an ironic title. Aside from their first appearance in "Pokemon Emergency", the TR trio have mostly been a group of bumbling idiots. Moreover, Giovanni has made many attempts to try and get rid of them. Promoting them would make no sense, but sending them to a boondock (every form of media has mentioned how *far* Isshu is from the other regions) region where Team Rocket has no presence could just be another way of getting them out of his hair.

In other news, Giovanni looks way too much like a 19th Century seaman. When did Team Rocket stop being a Pokemafia and become some kind of randomly evil group with no definite purpose for existing aside from inconveniencing a 10 year old and his Pikachu?

Last edited:

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Its just like a color change ... Wow, plus the cartoons repeat themselves like how his new water pokemon is like Chikorita from Johto!

Its kind of why I stopped watching after they teased another evolution of Pikachu. And How Dawns Pokemon was Disobedient like Ashs' Charizard.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think Giovanni looks like some sort of chinese imperial guard now.

I think he looks like Gendo, the setting fits too.

Infact, I kept waiting for him to sit like this while at his desk:

Team Rockets New Look!~

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010

I think he looks like Gendo, the setting fits too.

When Team Rocket becomes Team Nerv, I'm officially freaking out.

At any rate though, it's an improvement over the ridiculous orange blazer.

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I didn't know why they had white outfits in the first place...
    either way, it resembles more like the game outfits, which i like.
    And they don't look clumsy xD.

However, i do like they're original outfits, because they showed they're character more, and they had them since the beginning of the anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I like there new outfits but what are team rocket going to do when Team Plasma shows up ruin there evil plans.

Back