• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Slot Elimination Challenge

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
Years
  • Username: ShinyUmbreon189
    Game: Liquid Crystal
    Optional Rules: If my Pokemon faints from Critical hit 3 times its considered dead
    Mode: Standard (the difficulty curb is higher in the hack so it's more challenging)

I have a quick question. Since it is a legitimate FR hack of Crystal the Johto rules still apply right? In Johto falls you get a Chikorita through an event so am I allowed to use it? It's level 5 but I can easily have it evolved and leveled up for the Elite Four since Victory road is easy training.

Also. If I had 4-5 Pokemon when I landed in Johto since 1 or 2 fainted can I still use the Chikorita?

I doubt I'll make it that far anyways, this game is extremely difficult. Everybody's Pokemon are overpowered.

Yup, that should be fine. Good luck!

On a separate note, here's episode 5 in my challenge run!

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Update:

Spoiler:

I'm now about to battle Axel which has an overpowered team including an Quagsire that knows Ice Punch and an Electabuzz (I know it's ridiculous) and all 4 of his Pokemon have leftovers. Not sure why the creators did this not to mention I'm forced to battle Silver after I beat him. Hopefully I don't have to send any Pokemon to the graveyard. Liquid Crystal is probably the hardest game you can do a nuzlocke/team slot elimination with, it's difficulty curb is ridiculous. Faulkners Pidgeotto was level 17.

Team:

Spoiler:

Seadra and Slowpoke can both be evolved using evolution stones (Sun Stone for Slowking and Water Stone for Kingdra) and Gravler evolves from level up. This is legal right? LaZ made it that way.

Am I allowed to replace Pokemon if none faints? I may replace a Pokemon for an electric type of something if Golem can't learn Thunderpunch.

Last edited:

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Am I allowed to replace Pokemon if none faints? I may replace a Pokemon for an electric type of something if Golem can't learn Thunderpunch.

Yes, you can replace any Pokemon in your party with any living Pokemon you have. The only exception is if you are playing with Optional Rule #3.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Update

Spoiler:

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Since it's Johto I get to add 2 more to my team. Do I have to capture them in Kanto or can I use PC Pokemon? Can I buy Pokemon from the game corner and use them?

I'm surprised I've made it this far let alone beat Lance with only 5 Pokemon leaving with 4 since this game is so freaking hard. Good thing I have patience to grind up my team or I would of lost for sure lol.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Since it's Johto I get to add 2 more to my team. Do I have to capture them in Kanto or can I use PC Pokemon? Can I buy Pokemon from the game corner and use them?

I'm surprised I've made it this far let alone beat Lance with only 5 Pokemon leaving with 4 since this game is so freaking hard. Good thing I have patience to grind up my team or I would of lost for sure lol.

You can use Kanto Pokemon or Pokemon you already have, and game corner Pokemon are allowed,

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
    Years
  • Update on my Leaf Green run:

Spoiler:

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
    Years
  • Finished Leaf Green! Final Update on that:

Spoiler:

Some Pictures:

Spoiler:

Final Team:

pkfrlg080.png

Pinky the Slowbro, lv.55 @ Leftovers
    Moves: Surf, Rain Dance, Psychic, Blizzard

pkfrlg028.png

Sandy the Sandslash, lv. 54 @ Leftovers
    Moves: Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fury Swipes

pkfrlg003.png

Venus the Venusaur, lv. 57 @ Miracle Seed
    Moves: Razor Leaf, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Synthesis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to do my first update on Silver too...

Spoiler:

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • I think it's been about 30 days, and I know there's still a few people attempting this challenge, so...

Here's an update to my challenge run!

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
    Years
  • Soo I have some horrible news...

My Silver save file got destroyed! ;-; ;-; ;-;

So I have to start ALL over again >_>

It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't so far in the game... I was grinding for the Elite 4 with 2 deaths and my team was Crobat, Feraligator, Sudowoodo, Magneton, all around lv. 50's

BUUUUUT, no worries I'm not going to drop out because of that, I'll just start again (A HUGE SIGH)

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Soo I have some horrible news...

My Silver save file got destroyed! ;-; ;-; ;-;

So I have to start ALL over again >_>

It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't so far in the game... I was grinding for the Elite 4 with 2 deaths and my team was Crobat, Feraligator, Sudowoodo, Magneton, all around lv. 50's

BUUUUUT, no worries I'm not going to drop out because of that, I'll just start again (A HUGE SIGH)

Oh no! Well, good luck with your restart.

In other news, here's an update on mine:

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    Definitely want to do this!

Username: codylynn94
    Game: Soul Silver
    Optional Rules: 01, 02, and 04
    Mode: Standard

woohoo!

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Definitely want to do this!

Username: codylynn94
    Game: Soul Silver
    Optional Rules: 01, 02, and 04
    Mode: Standard

woohoo!

I've got you added!

Also, I have two new episodes in my challenge run:

EDIT: Well, there goes that (I failed):

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    Update 1:

Got cyndaquil named him Blaze

Beat up Silver

Caught rattata named her Felicia
    Caught hoohoot named him Owee

Caught Ghaslty named him Fury and burned the Sprout Tower down

Took on Falker nearly lost Blaze... forgot how strong the pidgeotto was

Got that mysterious egg and that fancy lady totally flirted with me...

made my way on to Azalea Town for good times!

Update 2:

Went back to get a Mareep named him Thor

grind grind grind got and Blaze evolved

beat up on the Rockets and Thor evolved

frying the bug gym when Benny the Togepi hatched.... with hustle as his ability.... ugh

Beat Bugsy

Beat Silver

Chase those birds around.... and am now furiously headbutting everything in Azalea

Update 3:

Poor Felicia.... Made her headbutt 100 trees to get Heracross (Mila) and Aipon (Pomela)

Made it through Ilex forest, but not before seeing my stalker the Kimono Girl

Left Felicia in the daycare... she may have brain damage.

Caught Uri the Abra and grinded him to Kadabra

grinding grinding grinding

Mila learns low kick.... one shotted all of the Goldenrod Gym even at only 19

Made Whitney cry along with everyone else.

Caught the tree shaped rock with lipstick and named her Treee

Just made it to Ecruteak City

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Codlyn you are not allowed to post multiple posts in a row - Unless you are "reviving" the old thread and you were the last one who posted in it. Please re-read the rules.. There is an edit button on each post you make.

Back