• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Troubles

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
  • Hey Everyone.

Well I decided to play Pokemon Platinum(Also playing Soul Silver).
    Friend of mine has D/P/Plat and has said he will catch me any Pokemon I like :D
    which I thought was really nice of him!

I do have afew questions though, Firstly I would like some ideas on what I should ask for?
    He has all the event pokemon but he said I will get "Clones"

I know I want a Togepi in my team! I love Togepi!
    And Maril! there my faves!

I really like Jirachi too he has one I can have, from a event it's a wish somthing.
    But I don't know what kinda Pokemon I need for my team.

Do I get a Togepi in Plat like G & S?

Alsio can Togepi be shiny? I really like Shiny Togeis.

Any advice would be fantatic!
    I could ask him he can get some to trade online too :) I'm sure he would let me

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Regarding what to ask for, it's really up to you. I mean, if he's really offering, you can ask for one of everything. xD But really, you yourself should first put some thought into what Pokémon you'd actually be using, and perhaps ask for those first...Or just not get anything from him and work for everything from scratch~

As for Togepi, in Platinum, you do get a Togepi egg from someone in-game, which can hatch to be shiny if you're lucky/persistent. Just save before receiving the egg and keep trying, although if i remember correctly, shiny Togepi and its evos aren't all that different from the normal colors. x.x

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
    Years
  • Oh hehe thank you!
    Well what types do I need for a good party and I will work from there on finding ones I like.
    I won't be using any evolves I wanna do that myself.

Also is there any low lvl Manaphys, he said his is lv 50 from start :(

Back