• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Team Yell - Opinions?

Years
  • I want to know their origin. Like how did bunch of lookalike guys and girls became all fans of Marni? Otherwise, they really feel like they will be as evil team as Team Skull was.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I feel like Gamefreak must have gone to England to research for this game at the wrong time and were surrounded by a bunch of drunk soccer fans, and it irritated them so much they decided to make Team Yell.

I'm not sure WHY, but the more stereotypes about the UK this game leans into, the more I enjoy it. I'm not sure what that says about me, probably nothing good.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Not feeling them too much right now but I'm gonna keep an open mind until I play the game. They do have a really silly name though and give me Team Skull 2 vibes. Also, upon seeing them, I immediately thought oh we're prob gonna see a twist and have another organization or person be the real bad guys like Skull and Aether. It'll be rough for Team Yell having to be the follow-up to Team Skull considering how seemingly universally loved they were

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2021
    Gotta stan the stan community!

They will most likely be fun and not the real evil team (it's litteraly team Skull 2.0)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I certainly don't mind their general appearance and mannerisms so far, and if they're as entertaining as Team Skull were that'd be cool. My main question is... are they really a 'Team'? So far what we know of them is that they cause some trouble because they think Marnie is the best, and are a self-appointed fanclub for her. That's... it? If that is what they do, then why wouldn't they call themselves Marnie's Fan Klub or something like that? We'll have to wait and see I suppose, but they do stick out to other teams so far.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't know about my thoughts on them right now but I am excited to portray them in my comic of the playthrough of the game. Implying it lasts more than 2 pages that is.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I think it's obvious Team Yell is not the true Evil Team of the game! My guess is that Chairman Rose is the villian of the game or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    I don't like their designs and I think their names are a bit lame. I would have named them somthing like
    Team chomped
    Or at least used the word "yell" but in another language

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    So far I'm not a huge fan of them especially when it comes to their designs, my opinion might change when I play the game though but right now they're just meh.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To me, their designs are terrible and one of the worst 'teams' in the game. However, I don't think they are an "Evil" Team. I have a feeling there may be one or two more teams that are the true evil. I can't see Team Yell being the main bad guys.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • To me, their designs are terrible and one of the worst 'teams' in the game. However, I don't think they are an "Evil" Team. I have a feeling there may be one or two more teams that are the true evil. I can't see Team Yell being the main bad guys.

Hahahahaha! Indeed, there might be other teams, these guys are Fanboys and Fan girls, maybe. But let us not judge a book by its cover, they may end up actually blowing up the universe, seriously speaking

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I don't agree with them being the worst looking team. They are groupies but come on, do groupies ever really look super appealing? Not every team needs to look like fashionistas and they are distinctive enough. Compared to the fashion disaster that is Team Flare (seriously they call that beautiful?) I'll take these guys any day.

That being said, I doubt they are the real villains. Team skull was mostly separate minus Guzma joining up with Lusamine. My guess is that they could start out as an annoyance but then progressively have a conspiracy with some of the admins involved.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    I think having it named Team Scream than Team Yell would make it sound better.
    I still think that there would be a twist villain just like what happened with Sun and Moon because Team Yell seems like harmless troublemakers.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I hope they don't show up too much. They come across more like a nuisance than a real threat and I feel like they won't be as endearing as Team Skull were.

I think the main reason I don't like them is because it feels like they'll end up just being a worse Team Skull.

In general I've really been loving the new characters introduced but these guys are one of the few misses for me.

Last edited:

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • I get strong Team Skull vibes from them, to be honest, albeit possibly less endearing and more annoying. I'm wholly expecting the main villain to be one of the chairmen of the Dynamax League rather than anyone from Team Yell. The trailers have pretty much confirmed all they're concerned with is making it difficult for people other than their idol Marnie to move up in the league so they can see her win it all, so I see no real reason for them to be interested in the box legendary.

Back