• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Technology for Christmas!

Years
  • Since the holiday season is around the corner, I thought this was an appropriate thread!

So, what are some gadgets and other tech you plan to get for Christmas? Or what are some of pieces of technology you've gotten for Christmas in past years? Do you still use any of them to this day?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I have planned to get a new Android phone with the latest version in it (Lollipop 5.0) on Christmas. And I remember that I was getting my old laptop several years ago on Christmas, even though I rarely use it anymore.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Depending on what money I get from others I might get a Lumia 1020/1520. Out of my own pocket to myself though I might get a Magni and Modi to upgrade my AMP/DAC stack for my headphones.

Years
  • Depending on what money I get from others I might get a Lumia 1020/1520.
    Oh cool, go Windows Phone! :D Those are some of the upper-end Windows Phone models as well, so being able to get one of those would be pretty neat! :)

As for myself, I need another external hard drive. Like seriously. Maybe 2TB this time around as well, mainly for making system images and entire backups of my desktop and my new laptop.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm getting a Frosty train for Christmas! It's so cool because it makes lots of noise and sounds and music. It brings out that little train-loving kid in me. XD It goes around our tree every year, but this is my first year with it. :3

Here's a video of what it does:

Yes, I'm a huge train lover. I was hoping to get an equil smartpen, but this train costs about 209 dollars on the Amazon site at the moment.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I got myself a New Nintendo 3DS - SSB edition.

The 3D blur reduction works, though it might take a couple of seconds to work in a dark environment. The system feels quite a bit faster than the old model.

But the biggest plus is that now you can finally watch 3D YouTube!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Video games consoles will be on sale soon (maybe they are already, I'm not sure), and I'd like to grab this opportunity to get myself a set of PlayStation 4. I already have a next-generation console in Wii U, but nobody else tends to play games on it other than my sister and I, but if it were PlayStation 4, however, it would be replacing our old Xbox 360, which my dad uses every once in a while to play with his friends.

As far as gift-giving goes, I've purchased a hand-watch for my father, which cost around fifty dollars or so. He already has a couple, but I thought I'd get him another, since I'm not sure what else he would like, precisely. Alongside, I'm also getting a couple of games for my little sister; she's wanted them for some time, and I believe she would love it if I'd finally gotten them for her.

Last year, I got myself a new television. Although it is not very big, it was still very inexpensive. I don't use it much aside from gaming purposes, anyway, so I don't believe size is much of a matter.

Years
  • I might ask for another tablet, since I don't use my iPad 2 that I got back in 2011, anymore. Barring that, maybe a Wii U, or even a new iPhone since mine has been a bit glitchy recently. There are a lot of things i've considered, so I very well may get one of them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm thinking about getting Chromecasts for my brothers and dad, think it would make inexpensive and useful gifts for them since they like watching Netflix and Youtube on TV.

As for myself, I've been in need of a new computer for quite some time, but I can't decide on which to buy or whether I should build one myself.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Nothing, really, aside from possibly getting something to fix the broken Circle Pad on my 3DS XL. Up to and including the possibility of buying a new system.

...that, and...uh... I don't know what else to get if I were asked!

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Being unrealistic, I'd love to get a new laptop. An Origin PC, to be specific. Which I'll probably get for myself once I have the money to, but eh... expensive.

More realistically, a PS Vita. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Oh, forgot to add that I reeeaally need an HDMI switcher. I have no idea where to get one because literally all the ones I want on Amazon do not ship to Canada. :c The TV in my room only has one HDMI port for some reason and I need at least four.

Years
  • I actually do want a bigger and better TV. ^_^; My current one is a tiny computer screen plugged in to be a TV so it hurts my eyes and is so uncomfortable to play Mario Kart 8 and the like on. Resolution and whatnot hardly bothers me (I'm not that tech-savvy, especially with TVs) so long as it's bigger and nicer on the eyes. :D

Years
  • So what did you guys wind up getting, if you got anything technology-wise this year? :3

I got myself a Dell Venue 8 Pro, and I'm loving everything about it so far :D

Years
  • Well my twin brother got a Samsung Galaxy tablet, and he's been liking it so far. I didn't ask for anything like that, but since my computer has been stupid slow and what not recently I might get one since I got a ton of money out of the gifts I obtained.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I got my dad a chromecast and a Galaxy Tab 4 to control it. He has a really nice home theater, so now he can watch whatever he want's on it.

I got an Xbox One. Haven't had the chance to play a game on it yet because the Game downloads for it are massive (20-40 GB).

Back