• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Pregnancy

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    i hate rapist they should never be let out of prison. what they do will haunt the victim for the rest of their lives.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    True. Very true. Chances are that when the rapers get out of jail it will just happen again and all they'll say is "I blame society!".

Years
    razer302 said:
    also no bail ( message to short)
    The rule is 4 words and 25 characters. Please make sure that your messages fit that without having to add something like (message too short).

I think it depends on the situation as well. If they think they can handle it, let them do it, I guess. ._.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    razer302 said:
    i hate rapist they should never be let out of prison. what they do will haunt the victim for the rest of their lives.
    That will be kind of scary. You have to look around everywhere for this guy. But you never know how this guy looks like.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    Well Dawson the reason why I'm saying that is because I got rapped because a boy took advantage of me.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Did the raping make you pregnant and then the guy who made you pregnant go to another girl and do the same thing? I doubt it. Because it happened to you, you should know that what you said isn't true more than people who it didn't happen to. Actually, it didn't happen to you, because we're talking about pregnancy and you didn't get pregnant.

And teen pregnancies aren't always from rapists, they're also from girls wanting to have sex but not using protection.

Lord Mike

Years
    These "sex hounds" are probably going to regret all of this when they grow up. Especially if they have more kids. They won't setting a good example for them will they?

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    These "sex hounds" are probably going to regret all of this when they grow up. Especially if they have more kids. They won't setting a good example for them will they?

The "sex hounds" you speak of do not exist. There's probably an incredibly small amount of people who do it, but not everyone who gets a teen pregnant is someone who goes around getting people pregnant. Why are so many people here stereotypical?

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Well, it depends on what kind of teen pregnancy you're speaking of.

I do not believe that someone any younger than twenty should be thinking about having a family. Even still, I feel that it's much more appropriate when you've long passed that age, and have a financially and emotionally stable household to provide for the child. Rushing into this sort of thing will only cause hurt for the mother and the child. Simply because you have intellect enough to stand out amongst your peers does not mean that you're ready to have a baby. o_o Sadly enough, a lot of teens seem to believe this.

On the other hand, if you're sexually active with the opposite gender, you're a fool if you don't have any means of contraception, or if you have no plan on what you'll do if the contraception fails. A condom isn't guarunteed protection. There's always a possibility that it could break or slip. Birth control pills don't always work, either. You have to know what you'll do if the situation presents itself, shall we say -- and equally as important, your partner should know what you plan on doing before anything happens. I support abortion, in this [and in all cases], because a teenager that is not fully capible of raising a child shouldn't have to give birth to it, especially if it's unwanted. If someone doesn't want an abortion for religous reasons...by that thought, you shouldn't have had pre-marital sex, anyway.

And then there's rape, which is a completely different situation. I don't blame the girl for getting pregnant in this case, of course, but I don't want to go further into that subject, really. 3:

</two cents?>

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    Well Dawson the reason why I'm saying that is because I got rapped because a boy took advantage of me.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    When you say "took advantage of me", what exactly do you mean? Rape isn't "taking advantage", that would assume you at least gave some kind of signal or approval or whatever. Rape is when it is forced upon you against your will, even to the point where you're threatened to death.

Minako said:
    Well, it depends on what kind of teen pregnancy you're speaking of.

I do not believe that someone any younger than twenty should be thinking about having a family. Even still, I feel that it's much more appropriate when you've long passed that age, and have a financially and emotionally stable household to provide for the child. Rushing into this sort of thing will only cause hurt for the mother and the child. Simply because you have intellect enough to stand out amongst your peers does not mean that you're ready to have a baby. o_o Sadly enough, a lot of teens seem to believe this.

On the other hand, if you're sexually active with the opposite gender, you're a fool if you don't have any means of contraception, or if you have no plan on what you'll do if the contraception fails. A condom isn't guarunteed protection. There's always a possibility that it could break or slip. Birth control pills don't always work, either. You have to know what you'll do if the situation presents itself, shall we say -- and equally as important, your partner should know what you plan on doing before anything happens. I support abortion, in this [and in all cases], because a teenager that is not fully capible of raising a child shouldn't have to give birth to it, especially if it's unwanted. If someone doesn't want an abortion for religous reasons...by that thought, you shouldn't have had pre-marital sex, anyway.

And then there's rape, which is a completely different situation. I don't blame the girl for getting pregnant in this case, of course, but I don't want to go further into that subject, really. 3:

</two cents?>
    That's the most balanced and most thought out post, by far.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Dawson said:
    When you say "took advantage of me", what exactly do you mean? Rape isn't "taking advantage", that would assume you at least gave some kind of signal or approval or whatever. Rape is when it is forced upon you against your will, even to the point where you're threatened to death.

What do you mean rape isn't "taking advantage!" That's exactly what rape is! It's what all abuse is! Rape is the ultimate form of sexual abuse, and that's what happens. You get taken advantage of. I was sexually abused for a long period of my early teens. My cousin took advantage of me. Yes, that's what he did. He used my trust and inclination to please people against me. I was naive and didn't understand what was going on. It didn't hit me that it was even wrong until the first time he hit me. I was taken advantage of. I gave no inclination of wanting anything or any signal of approval. Not everyone who gets raped is threatened with their life. I wasn't.

I was taken advantage of.

I trusted him.

He knew it.

He used that to his advantage.

Sounds like being taken advantage of to me.

I'm not trying to flame or anything... Just, try to take all points of view into perspective before you go off saying things like that. Thank you.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Nagoyaka Aikouka said:
    What do you mean rape isn't "taking advantage!" That's exactly what rape is! It's what all abuse is! Rape is the ultimate form of sexual abuse, and that's what happens. You get taken advantage of. I was sexually abused for a long period of my early teens. My cousin took advantage of me. Yes, that's what he did. He used my trust and inclination to please people against me. I was naive and didn't understand what was going on. It didn't hit me that it was even wrong until the first time he hit me. I was taken advantage of. I gave no inclination of wanting anything or any signal of approval. Not everyone who gets raped is threatened with their life. I wasn't.

I trusted him.

He knew it.

I'm not trying to flame or anything... Just, try to take all points of view into perspective before you go off saying things like that. Thank you.

Agreed. I was.... forced as recently as October and now almost seven months later... Well, I wasn't as lucky as some people are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I do not believe that a teen should be pregnant.

1. Become an adult.
    2. Get a college degree.
    3. Marry.
    4. Have kids.
    5. Try and be happy.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Nagoyaka Aikouka said:

I trusted him.

He knew it.

It's not taking advantage of you if it's someone you don't trust, though those kind of rapes are incredibly rare.

Lord Mike

Years
    Rape is taking advantage Dawson.

You can ask anyone who was raped before, especially the 5-year-olds that Michael Jackson did away with.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    In the end, all of the decisions become not ours, not the parents, nor anyone elses but the couple. They had sex, and the consequences are the stress of making these decisions, like abortion, responsibility, and how they should support the baby. After all that, sometimes a happy family can blossom out of an unhappy family, and sometimes, the unhappiness of the couple can worsen.

If the girl decides to have sex, then she has to accept the responsibilities of that decision, and she should be aware of the fact that protection doesn't work all the time. But even though this is true, she should learn that it's better to be slightly safe, then not safe at all. 99% Is a very good rate, but there's always those unfortunate oddballs, and then, there is nothing wrong with it, and no parent should shun their child after they used protection and still got pregnant.

I think the scariest thing about pregnancy, is not the pregnancy itself, but finding a way to break it to your own family, and your partner. It's hard to make decisions on your own, and you're almost entirely sure of what your parents's reaction to the event will be. -Entirely negative.

I personally do not support teen pregnancy, because I'm not really at the age that I should, in a clean society, really care. There is no such thing as 'true love' at my age, relationships merely come and go within the hour. Sex isn't really something I like to think about, but to me, it is something to do when you are truly in love with your partner, and know that you'll accept the consequences, and your partner with you, if the need arises.

To me, Abortion is a decision. You have to know the outcome, and the pros and cons. It is nobody elses responsibility to decide for you whether to have an abortion or not, but your own. People should not judge on your decision, just because it is different from their own.

I was 11, and I already knew this much about pregnancy and sex. I think our world is educated enough to know that sex has consequences, and most couples know about the outcomes of sex, and in the end, is mostly their fault if they don't use protection and don't want the baby.

Raping, is a different story altogether.

Lord Mike

Years
    Well put Bell.

Abortion is scary though. Taking away an innocent human life because you made a mistake. If you bring a baby into this world, you shouldn't kill it. You probably show have never cuddled in the first place.

Now teens can get an abortion without the parents knowing about it. Its like shooting someone and expecting the police to leave you alone. It can be a very cruel world. Things happen at times when you would least expect it to.

The parents would eventually find out. You couldn't walk into your house with a huge amount of extra weight in your lower body and the parents not suspect something is wrong. Chances are they're not going to let you get away with things like this. That would make the parents unhuman if they let you escape from punishment.

Raping is another thing, though there are two ways your parents can respond to it. One, they could simply feel sorry for you. Two, they could give you that "Do you know what could have happened to you?" leature and punish you for life.

The parents will get involved if they suspect something abnormal is going on. That's why sex should be done when you go away to college. It should be done when your true love and you are really close and accept whatever comes your way. That's when you should have sex.

A high schooler goes to a party at his best friend's house where they invite all the popular people in your grade. The women get drunk, and that puts some of a men in a position to easily get the ladies cuddle with them. The women wakes up the next morning and realizes she has no clothes on and she's sleeping with a men that also has no chothes on. That can be bad.

Many teenagers decide that sex is cool. They end up regreting it later.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    rape

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
    2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
    3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
    Rape isn't taking advantage. Seducing someone who isn't in a fit state (ie very drunk or drug induced) and therefore not able to make stable judgements is "taking advantage". Rape is forcing yourself on someone against their will.

Sexual abuse and rape aren't exactly the same thing. Both are equally as awful, but aren't exactly the same thing. Just ask a policeman.

Back