• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teenage Love

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • You know what, I don't like people's general attitude in this thread. :/

Sure it's true that at that age, you oftentimes don't know what love implies.

But to all of you naysayers, I say it is foolish to say that teenagers are incapable of true love. Love is love, and we are born with the ability to love, as young children, to love our parents and family.

Love is not something that I believe is defined by what society thinks of it. True love will make you do anything for a person...but sometimes fate gets in the way of true love.
    You can have a true love and lose it by sheer circumstance, even if you take no risks whatsoever in regards to your partner's feelings, very easily.

As a society, we have this silly idea that love cannot be broken, when in fact, it's the most brittle and fragile of emotions when compared to others. You don't even have to hurt your partner's feelings to lose them, anyone could say anything and they'd begin to doubt something, even if you've been the perfect partner.

It's even possible for someone to mature out of a relationship at that age, and it's even quite common!

But even with all those odds against you...I say it's never a waste. You cannot rebrand it or call it something else, because both sides are novices, IT IS LOVE!

You are right; love is love. Who are we to judge and say something isn't love when love is different for everyone?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • What is love? I don't think love is something that can be explained, forget about being right at a certain age. I do believe love can exist when your 14, but it's much more complicated to understand. Teens experiment with love for the first time around 14, and an experiment is just a test to understand things better. And experiments do go bad, but you just try again. In this case, that'd be the usual break up and then hook up with someone else. However, the first experiment can be successful. In that case, I believe you are in love. I also believe that I'm a complete moron for looking at this at a scientific point of view. Love and science on par with each other. Wow.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I think in love, age doesn't matter, as long as you know that you really love this person, you can fight for it. but teenagers nowadays doesn't think about what their dealing with now. They just go straight in conclusions, marry that boy/girl. And in the end, he/she is regretful/contrite.

Umbreon Bob

Da Trainer
    Years
  • Teenage love isnt real, most of the time its just 2 kids loving the idea of loving each other.

Teenagers shouldnt be taking relationships "all serious" like and just have fun, they have plenty of time in the future to think about marriage, divorce, kids, taxes, jobs, loans and all that crummy stuff.

I've been living with the moto "Live while you're young" and believe me I have been doing so.

What is love? I don't think love is something that can be explained, forget about being right at a certain age. I do believe love can exist when your 14, but it's much more complicated to understand. Teens experiment with love for the first time around 14, and an experiment is just a test to understand things better. And experiments do go bad, but you just try again. In this case, that'd be the usual break up and then hook up with someone else. However, the first experiment can be successful. In that case, I believe you are in love. I also believe that I'm a complete moron for looking at this at a scientific point of view. Love and science on par with each other. Wow.

I hate to say it. But 1) youre 15 2) you are getting way too technical

I know im only 17 but just in that short gap between me and your implied age of 14 I have pretty much learnt what I believe in and stated above.

Ill just add to it.

Teenagers these days are pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Dont deny it because you know its true.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • My only comment on teenage love is that it's like a car that has disturbingly little control and tends to spontaneously, explosively combust either after hitting something or for no real apparent reason other than "EFF SUCCESS".

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I know some people who were in real love, and loved people more than many older people I know.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Having a boyfriend/girlfriend at a young age is not a bad thing. It's actually a wonderful thing.
    It's pleasant to know that you have a special friend who has a unique love for you and you for him/her. Doing activities together, hanging out, or just talking to eachother, they are a great thing in social life.
    Is there anything wrong in teenage love?
    Well, that heavily depends on what you believe in, who you are in love with, how well you can control yourself, his/her personality and yours. There are times when young love can lead to wickedness. Such as when you're not cautious of what places you and your love go to. That, of course, can lead into a break-up when things get out of hand.
    That's all I can say for now. And like I said, young teenage love isn't bad. It depends on what you do with it.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • I've been in love before. But the one thing that you need to know is sometimes they won't love you back.

My last girlfriend was my first love. But she cheated on me so we broke up. I gave her another chance but she lost intrest and broke up with me again.

How do I know she didn't love me back? Now she's dating one of my best friends.

But teenage love isn't such a bad thing. I just haven't had the best experience with it.

Pffffft.
    I'm in love.
    I'm 10.
    So what if she doesn't like me back?

I doubt you're in love. It's probably just as crush.

Last edited:

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • What is love? Baby don't hurt me, no more.

It's not so much age that determines whether people are capable of feeling "true love," but rather maturity and experience. People with above-average levels of empathy will likely be able to understand what love is earlier than other people.

For the most part, though, teenagers don't quite understand love.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • your first love will always be special to you and it may not be love but it's your first taste of it. what kind of relationship and how they deal with it could set the tone for the rest of their love life

Everyone Esplode Noaw

Resident Russia Fanboy
    Years
  • I don't know. But, answer me this.

Is it love when she's not the even close to the prettiest girl?
    Is it love when you cry yourself to sleep at night thinking about her?
    Is it love when you're around her, you radiate happiness?
    Is it love when you and her share the same interests?
    Is it love when you know it'll be hell when you're in different schools, never to see her again?

Is it heartbreak when you know she'll never love you back?

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011

I agree as well. Once you're old enough to get out in the world and meet new people, out on your own, etc. then I'll consider that you know what love really is. But at 13/14? I'd say no.

What am I reading I don't even.. nothing you mentioned has a profound effect on whether or not you can be in love. Moving out has nothing to do with whether or not you can love somebody. Meeting new people has nothing to do with moving out, who even says this. I have met so many people throughout my life and I'm only 17.

Love is subjective. If somebody says they're in love then they are, you can't tell them they aren't just because their definition and requisite for love doesn't adhere to your own. Sure some people might be stupid in how they define it but every emotion and characteristic about a person is intertwined, so naturally just like somebody can cry for a stupid reason or be mad for a stupid reason, they can be in love for a stupid reason. Anybody who considers themselves to be open minded should agree.

Years
  • What am I reading I don't even.. nothing you mentioned has a profound effect on whether or not you can be in love. Moving out has nothing to do with whether or not you can love somebody. Meeting new people has nothing to do with moving out, who even says this. I have met so many people throughout my life and I'm only 17.

Love is subjective. If somebody says they're in love then they are, you can't tell them they aren't just because their definition and requisite for love doesn't adhere to your own. Sure some people might be stupid in how they define it but every emotion and characteristic about a person is intertwined, so naturally just like somebody can cry for a stupid reason or be mad for a stupid reason, they can be in love for a stupid reason. Anybody who considers themselves to be open minded should agree.

Being old and mature enough to discern what love truly is, is what I meant. Those bench marks I mentioned are part of the growing up process. Once you've been around the block a few times, as in you're old enough to have those experiences and mature enough to decide what love is to you. No 13/14 year old I've ever seen can say that. It takes a level of maturity that young children like that don't have yet. Now at 17, you're getting there, collage is looming, your future, etc. Those are the times that tell us who we truly are, and when we grow up. Coming up with a true definition of love takes a mature and developed mind, not one of a horny angst ridden teen bent on getting some.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • *Sigh*
    Since when did the world change when people thought about love when they were 14?
    Do you, like, not remember being 14 at all? Or did you just develop really late? I remember as far back as junior high (12) people were dating and going out. Even I was into girls by that age.

It didn't change. It's always been like that.

There's no reason someone can't be in love at 14.
    What is love? Love is really, really liking something. Maybe a little more than some other things. Nothing magically happens when you're in love. You can't assign logical boundaries to such an abstract concept.

If you're dealing with a fourteen year old who has no understanding of love or affection, they may be better left to a psychologist.
    We all like things and people. Sometimes we like something or someone so much we say we love them. A fourteen year old is certainly capable of that.
    Absolutely this. Who's to judge what a teen is or is not capable of feeling emotionally? Many people judge only based on their own experiences, but some people are perfectly capable of understanding love at that age.

Years
  • Either I'm unlovable or I'm just too emotionless, but I'm a teen, and I've yet to truly love someone around my age, or anyone for that matter. Am I missing something?

Either way, I think times are changing with teens, because I'm seeing less and less "puppy love" relationships.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
    Years
  • people abuse it and dont know what it is. I have friends who will be in a relationship at 12 or 13 and theyre saying "I love you" and all this crap that doesnt mean anything. Maturity does play a role

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    For the better, or for the worse, I felt like I had a good enough concept of love at around mid 8th grade. Of course, I have no way to prove what were the products of my philosophical thinking back then or if that thinking was the typical thinking of tweens at that age.

Still, love is a complicated emotion that can only be expressed artistically. True love is a spark that is shared by both parties. I know that because I felt something with my first girlfriend that I didn't ever fully feel with my second girlfriend. True love is the will to communicate, understand, and accept.

But, sometimes the concept of love is not even close to mature in some people until very much later in life. Knowing this, it's simply not worth pursuing true love during the teenage years. If you don't understand love, you'll hurt yourself. And if you do and you end up with someone who doesn't understand.... you'll hurt yourself more.

Society is so corrupt.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Saying teenager can't fall in love is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Who is anyone to judge the emotional status of someone else?

I don't know. But, answer me this.

Is it love when she's not the even close to the prettiest girl?
    Is it love when you cry yourself to sleep at night thinking about her?
    Is it love when you're around her, you radiate happiness?
    Is it love when you and her share the same interests?
    Is it love when you know it'll be hell when you're in different schools, never to see her again?

Is it heartbreak when you know she'll never love you back?

that is so... CUTE!!

Back