• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teenage Pregnancy

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I agree with sims response. A teenager is defined as a 13-19 year old- an individual who is hardly ready for the life of becoming a parent.
    They will still need to find a job to support their child, something that is not easily accomplishable for young and underqualified persons. Also a child requires massive amounts of care, when the teenage parent is at a stage in their life when they can't even do so for therselves & are leaning back on their parents for support.

I don't care if it's the girls choice to get herself laid- the child is going to have an incredibly hard time growing and in poor conditions, and getting pregnant at such an early stage is plain stupid.

AWWSTiN❤

oppa i'll be down
    Years
  • If it wasn't for teenage pregnancy I wouldn't be born; x[
    My mum had me exactly 2 months before her 17th birthday,,,

this thread makes me feel bad. But S'Okay. :]

[ It's not like I encourage it anyway~ ]

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Hm... teenage pregnancy, eh?

well, In my point of view,

If your perfectly capiable of raising a child, having the money to support yourself, the child, and any significant other your living with, pay the bills, pay morgage, etc.

Then congrats, your okay with taking the risk of teenage pregnancy.

If you are unfit for raising a child, don't have a job/money to support said child, etc.

Then congrats, YOU SHOULD NOT BE HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX.

Wear a condom, and for backup, take birth control pills.

If you do it on impulse and get pregnaut even though you had protection,
    well I guess the joke is on you, because even with the protection the risk still exists.

So, if you have sex, at any point in life, BE PREPARED FOR THE POSSIBLE RISKS BECAUSE THEY CAN AND POSSIBLY WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.

so, in conclution-

you have teenage sex, and your prepared for the risk of getting pregnaunt, congrats, you don't have to take crap from me.

If you have teenage sex, and your completely unprepared for the risk of getting pregnaunt, congrats, your offically a moron. T_T

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • As Jaimes said, as a teen, you are not capable, since you are still kind of a bud yourself. It is hard to find a job to support yourself, so it is danm well hard to find a way to support a child, even if you live on your own. A child needs more than money. They need attention, especially as a baby, 24 hours a day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Here's a thought, people need to stop having Premarital sex.

In reality you don't need to have sex, when you have sex outside of marriage you're letting your instincts get the better of you.

The whole Christian theories from mindless believers across the world are really edging on my nerves.

If no one would have sex before marriage, humanity would not exist. Well before **** sapiens, **** erectus, or **** neanderthalensis had any thoughts about any so-called 'god', reproduction was occurring. Marriage had no place in that society. If everyone had followed the plans of your God since the dawn of time, with no sex outside of marriage, then you or I would not exist right now.

However, on subject, I believe pregnancy in teenagers are entirely up to the party who would be having the child. I don't condone unprotected sex as a juvenile, but if someone wants to indulge themselves in such a manner and listen to their instincts as adapted by natural selection, then fine by me.

sims796

Years
  • Not one bit, Zangoose. So what about the child that results from "following their instincts"?

People really need to think outside of thier primal urges for one dang second, and think long term. All this, "If you really want to, you should" business has no place in this society, which is what the real thing is. People need to think about the conseuences, because we are not animals. We have the ability to think for ourselves. As such, we must think about all precautions that must be taken before sex is even taken.

Which happens to be the baby.

Second, there is a reason we don't follow the ancient ways of the sapiens way back then. It is obsolete. Random sex is not the way to go, which seems to be popular nowadays. I'm sure that if everyone followed marital sex, civilization wouldn't collapse. Still, marital sex enough isn't the answer to teen pregnacy. Some don't wanna get married. So they must never have sex? Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Watch who you call a mindless Christian. ;)

EDIT: Woops, typo!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    By saying the first comment, you make a sweeping generalization that every single teenage girl who gets impregnated is destitute and who's parentage don't support them at all.

A) Primal urges are what enabled us to build society in the first place, and still obviously have some place in our civilizations.

We are still very much animals, as per technical definition. Simply because we have the mental capabilities to think on a higher level than any other animals doesn't mean we've transcended those boundaries. We're simply animals with over-sized brains.

B) The ways of the sapiens are hardly obsolete. Considering we still are sapiens, it pretty much defeats your point in and of it itself. But assuming you mean ancient man, I'll argue the point. If the ways of sapiens were obsolete, we would not reproduce in conventional manners, and simply have test tube babies; if the ways of the sapiens were obsolete, we would not eat meat or hunt for our food at all; and if the ways of the sapiens were obsolete, we would not live in groups larger than families, but rather separate ourselves from human contact for the most part. We are still very much the descendants of our evolutionary forefathers.

sims796

Years
  • Dang wifi acting up...

Now, first off, you should really take a look at all comments. I make no generalization at all, that is what you said. But acting simply on urges is not what humans do. That is also not good for the child at all, no matter how you put it. It must have some sort of thought in what we do. Which is why teen pregnancy is not the way to go, since as Jaimes put it so perfectly, they are not at the point where they can handle themselves to think about handling another life. The off-sucess does not warrent that act.

We are not dogs. We are not cats. We are not bears. We are humans. Just as you are able to go on here & post your opinion, as a dog cannot, you are able to think of the consequences of your actions. You are able to think beyond primal urges, as we are all humans. That is a very black & white mindset to say we are just "animals with oversived brains".

It doesn't defeat my point at all. In fact, it proves it. We are NOT the same as cavemen. We have evoled past that. We don't just have sex to recreate. That is a very backwards way of thinking. Saying we eat meat & hunt is in no wway the same. We are able to breed our food. Mass breed our food. Sure, we still have the same principals as they did back then, but we have grown past that. So to even say "we are just like we were back then, just prevents evolution.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Dang wifi acting up...

Now, first off, you should really take a look at all comments. I make no generalization at all, that is what you said. But acting simply on urges is not what humans do. That is also not good for the child at all, no matter how you put it. It must have some sort of thought in what we do. Which is why teen pregnancy is not the way to go, since as Jaimes put it so perfectly, they are not at the point where they can handle themselves to think about handling another life. The off-sucess does not warrent that act.

You made a massive generalization. By saying the children born cannot be cared for, you assume that the families surrounding the teenagers do not have the resources to care for them. A sweeping generalization.

We are not dogs. We are not cats. We are not bears. We are humans. Just as you are able to go on here & post your opinion, as a dog cannot, you are able to think of the consequences of your actions. You are able to think beyond primal urges, as we are all humans. That is a very black & white mindset to say we are just "animals with oversived brains".

Everything we do is a primal urge, by technical definition. Considering our brain is a tool originated from primal humans, as is our spine and the rest of our nervous system, and we use the nervous system to control all of our actions, everything is a primal urge. And as black and white as my point may be, the fact that it is correct stands firm. We're certainly not fungi, plants, bacteria, insects, or any other classification of life. We fit into the animal category quite snuggly.

It doesn't defeat my point at all. In fact, it proves it. We are NOT the same as cavemen. We have evoled past that. We don't just have sex to recreate. That is a very backwards way of thinking. Saying we eat meat & hunt is in no wway the same. We are able to breed our food. Mass breed our food. Sure, we still have the same principals as they did back then, but we have grown past that. So to even say "we are just like we were back then, just prevents evolution.

We are not the same as cavemen, indeed. I never said we were. I simply stated that we're clearly the evolutionary descendants of the primal humans, in habit and other characteristics. Cavemen didn't necessarily have sex simply to recreate either. Since for quite a while in our history, we've been able to differentiate pleasure from duty, to have the most fulfilling activity we know of would make sense to even early man. Therefore they would have recreational sex, as we continue to do today. And even we were able to breed our food and settle down, the idea of the Christ-god had yet to be formulated, so I don't see where you're going with that. The idea of sex outside of marriage obviously persisted well into the farming-cultivating stage, and continues to do today.

sims796

Years
  • Hold on, my point was not on premarital sex, so let's drop that entirely.

By getting technical, you missed the point comepletely. I won't get into a futher disscusion as of what defines us as animals, because Musashi (the one whose name I can't type) had said it perfectly. I am very much tired of choosing my words as so people can understand exactly what I mean, as most of the time, it really isn't so hard. Musashi got it. If you didn't get AT ALL what I meant by "we are not animals", I cannot have a sensible debate with you at all.

Now, for the only on-topic post (not to insult, as you made some points I don't feel like addressing), maybe you should have a look at earlier posts that I made. You 'll see my opinion on the families that must take care of the child. As I was one of them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Hold on, my point was not on premarital sex, so let's drop that entirely.

By getting technical, you missed the point comepletely. I won't get into a futher disscusion as of what defines us as animals, because Musashi (the one whose name I can't type) had said it perfectly. I am very much tired of choosing my words as so people can understand exactly what I mean, as most of the time, it really isn't so hard. Musashi got it. If you didn't get AT ALL what I meant by "we are not animals", I cannot have a sensible debate with you at all.

Now, for the only on-topic post (not to insult, as you made some points I don't feel like addressing), maybe you should have a look at earlier posts that I made. You 'll see my opinion on the families that must take care of the child. As I was one of them.

It's not a matter of understanding it. You clearly didn't understand what I was saying at first, because my reference to us being animals was clearly technical. So, if you would actually like to debate this with some maturity, as opposed to dropping points that you can't defend entirely, debate on the level I started with.

sims796

Years
  • Excuse me? I defended all of my points, that you've either ignored, or just brushed off with something irrelevant. I don't see where you are getting on about maturity, as you hardly referenced the topic at hand with any fact at all. You are talking about what defines us as animals, while I am not using it in the technical sense at all.

I even metioned the "families who helps out the teen", that I've referenced in an earlier post, that you are just ignoring completely.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Okay you guys, if you want to continue this debate take it to PM's or some form of messenger. Not only are you getting off topic, this could spawn into flaming.

Thanks.

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • I feel sorry for the girls getting pregnant to early, they should have a more stabile life before getting a child.
    I'm taking care for a real care baby now, from school, and it's not fun getting up in the middel of the night, and do that for months, thats hard for teenagers, maybe not for eveyone, but most teenagers. I'm allready tired after 24 hours.
    A baby need care and cuddle 24/7, and food and blablabla. But of course it's their fault if they get pregnant. people should be more careful when it comes to sex.

sims796

Years
  • Don't ofrget, you also need a stable income. There aren't many job opportunites out there for teenagers, especially those with a good enough pay to support a child.

Relying on families to take care of cildren puts stress on the family as well.

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • Yeah, thats true. And I also think it's important that the teenage parents try to be together so the child will have a mom and a dad, thats also important.

Back