• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teens and maturity

Master Bait

ಥ‿ಥ
Years
  • Most of my friends have boyfriend and girlfriend and some of them have vices. They even think they can do anything and survive by themselves, and they even ask their parents for money (ugh). I saw one of my friends in a mall wearing lady gaga fashion (the one with black bra and tight mini-skirt) everybody was looking at her then I felt ashamed because I'm with a friend half-naked (ironic sig?) inside the mall. I also have two friends who are 4 months pregnant and then they stopped going to school (maternity leave I guess). So this makes me think teens are the primary cause of overpopulation, second the Muslims (no pun intended).

So I have my questions;
    What is maturity to you?
    What is maturity to you when you were still a teen? (optional/for the oldies)
    Do you have vices?
    Do you engage in a relationship with opposite sex?
    How deep is your relationshop with opposite sex?
    Are you serious about anything that happens around you?
    What do you think about teens the primary cause of overpopulation?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • What is maturity to you?
    Maturity is actually being able to comprehend various situations, and to determine what's best to do to handle them. Going on and reproducing at 13 is definitely not mature, and it can ruin somebody's life (mother at 14 anybody?).

I am still a teen, and I believe little to no people are mature. I like to think of myself as mature enough to handle various situations, as I will not blindly follow the crowd, or do something detrimental to mine, or somebody else's physical or emotional health. However, when I see my classmates making out inside my classroom at breaks, I can do nothing but be sad about the future of the world.

Do you have vices?
    No idea what that means.

If I did, it would be purely platonic. I do not want to become a father at 14, neither do I find it logical or right for that to happen at this age.

N/A

I am serious about everything.

I don't think I have the statistics to answer that. I can guess immaturity and poor judgment on the part of teens can lead to overpopulation, but that is purely my speculation.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    I consider someone as mature when they know to think before they speak, learn to respect others' feelings/likes and dislikes/differences, all in all, someone who knows what life is made of, and doesn't go mad just because you accidentally threw something at them -or not-. Someone who controls their emotions and feelings, words and thoughts, and is able to apology when they made a mistake, as well as forgiving when it's possible.

Do you have vices?

Uuuh I don't think so. xD
    I never thought of killing someone or whatever.

I might, but not until I am certain of my feelings for that person.

Not much, we're not a couple yet. xD

Nope. Or well, it depends. If this is something which doesn't involve my friends/family and myself in, then I don't think I am going to be serious about it. Same goes if I were to see people fighting, for it's none of my business and I don't want to cause drama. Err...And I am not sure I am answering the question, anyways...XD
    But people can go and wear what they want, I wouldn't care -unless they are walking naked/half-naked in the streets >>. Only immature people judge someone by what they wear and insult them for what they are wearing/liking or whatever.

What do you think about teens being the primary cause of overpopulation?
    It might be true, as it might be wrong. I heard a man has had 19 children with his wife...But about the teenagers, I only know a few people who were pregnant earlier than normal. I have no statistics, therefore I am not sure whether teenagers can be considered the primary cause of overpopulation. And also, parents are the one educating their children, that might be their fault if some teenagers are having children too early in their lives.

I am sorry if I didn't answer the questions properly -fails- TnT.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    To me, maturity is being able to stand on your own to feet and survive on your own (hold down a job, pay bills, manage your own money).

When I was a teen maturity to me meant not giggling at certain words.

Do you have vices?
    Yes, I smoke heavily.

I was with my ex for five and a half years and then fell in love with another woman who I've been with for a year now.

How deep is your relationship with opposite sex?
    Very deep.

To a certain degree I suppose.

I don't really think about it as I feel it will just keep happening. There are all sorts of "grand plans" to control teen pregnancy but they are plans I feel would only work in a perfect world.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maturity to me is someone who can live on their own and care for their own things and family without collapsing into stress right away after things get hard (one is allowed to collapse after some time but right away makes them look young in my eyes).
    I am not in any relationship and won't be until after Collage...or maybe during Collage...

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    What is maturity to you?

I don't have a clear-cut definition of maturity seeing as it encompasses many things, but if I could summarise then I'd say that it means knowing when the right time is to be serious (as well as knowing the right time to have a sense of humour), to be able to plan ahead, to be able to be sensitive and also resilient at the right times, to be able to withhold your impulses and forsee the consequences of your words and actions, to be understanding towards others and not overly selfish, to be able to see yourself objectively even if it might not be what you like to admit about yourself... I could add more if I gave it more thought. Oh, that reminds me, to have patience as well.

It was quite different but some things were the same. I still knew it involved thinking before you speak and act, and being able to handle situations without losing your temper. But I also thought it meant desensitising yourself to the world, which isn't right at all. You do need to desensitize yourself somewhat (otherwise you'd fear everything and never be able to progress in life) but that happens naturally through existing anyway. Truly, being sensitive is a blessing.

Do you have vices?

Of course. I'd be an angel if I didn't. I'm only human though. I probably play too many video games and waste too much time, eat too much junk food, don't help others in need enough, and get a little lazy sometimes. I'm working on it though.

I used to as a teenager, but not any more. As a teenager I favoured long-term relationships even though before age 14 I had a lot of short-term ones. I was in a continuous relationship from age 14 to age 17, then in another from age 17 to age 21. Now, I am waiting for marriage to re-join with that same man I was with from age 17 to age 21.

It did go very deep, but being immature for my age in some ways (but mature in others) I had not yet learned how to handle strong attachments. So, because it went so deep it was easy for me to fear losing someone. The connection went right down to the soul level. We took great care of one another and there was an overwhelming sense of trust. We never did anything to make each other suspicious of one another. We spent a lot of time together. We got to know each other like family, and were (are) connected like family.

Always. Some say too serious.

Definitely not. The primary cause of overpopulation is population density. If people spread out more, and became more self-sustaining, there might not appear to be so many people.

A lot of land gets wasted because a lot of the produce of that land gets wasted. More food is wasted than is actually consumed, because the producers have a very distant relationship with the consumers.

That's not saying I agree with people getting pregnant before they're ready to. I'm just saying I don't think it's related to overpopulation, seeing as the actual population in most developed countries isn't getting much higher (and in some cases, is getting lower).

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Your name isn't exactly the epitome of maturity -__-

What is maturity to you?

That is a bit of a complex thing to answer, it has to be looked at from so many different angles. You need to be able to take care of yourself, you can't just expect everyone to always do and take care of you for the rest of your life. It won't happen. But also, maturity isn't not laughing at stupid jokes and all that, it is knowing when is the right time, and when it isn't.

An example of a right time would be: Hanging out with your buds, having a good time, just being your normal, natural selves. Crack a few immature jokes, laugh, no one is going to get mad at you, because that was already the mood in the situation beforehand.

An example of a bad time: There are so many examples I could give here >.> If you are dealing with someone of the law, it isn't exactly a good idea to be cracking dumb jokes, and just overall make an ass of yourself. That isn't going to look good, and they are just going to hold you in higher contempt.

However, also maturity comes down to how you handle situations. If you just do the easy thing, and get it done with, least problems made, then that is pretty mature. But on the opposite side of the spectrum, you have to be mature to have your ideals and stand up for what you believe. You just have to, again, know when the right and wrong times are.

For that, refer you to above.

Do you have vices?
    Everyone has vices, I wouldn't be excepted from this. Mine happens to be pocketing things when no one is looking.

Why does it have to be opposite sex? Because to answer that question, no. I DO engage in a relationship with same sex. I don't see how a relationship(straight, or gay) has any possible thing to do with maturity what so ever.

Again, not opposite sex, same sex. Although we aren't technically "dating" we have one of the strongest connections I have ever seen in two people. Perhaps besides my friend Nellie, but that story is for a different time.

If the situation calls for it, I am. I am typically serious about most things, and view the with a logical stance. When I can sort it out then, I determine if I need to carry on my serious bravado, or if I can relax and loosen up a bit.

I see no proof behind this, and find it invalid.

Last edited:

unique sound

with legendtina :D
    Years
    well, it's not just about being able to pay bills and having your own place, but that's part of it. you also gotta be able to make SMART decisions and think for yourself. be able to put things that are important first and be able admit when you're wrong and being able to say sorry.

i always thought i was mature for my age. always got along with older ppl(5 years plus) always thought about my future and made decisions that i knew were right for me.

Do you have vices?
    form my point of view, no. depends who you ask ;)

yes, but i'm bi

very much so! i really cared for her but things just didn't work out. i can say that i was falling in love.

yes! i'm a very serious person and take everything i do and say seriously and i expect other to do so. now that doesn't mean i don't know how to have fun, being serious all the time would just be a drag.

i don't think teens are solely to blame but they do contribute.

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
    Being grown up and not acting like a 5 year old kid about everything
    Of course
    Depends on what you mean by deep. Its serious but not completely serious
    Yes
    Not completely

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    What is maturity to you?
    Recognizing and planning around long-term consequences, self-sufficiency, responsibility.

What is maturity to you when you were still a teen?
    Not giggling at inappropriate times.

Do you have vices?
    Tend towards low self-esteem, smoke & drink.

Barely dated until age 19

Current relationship is looking towards marriage (HOLY CRAP).

Quite

That idea needs some work.

Back