• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tekken

Years

• Surely I can't be the only Tekken player here on these boards? You have no idea how pumped I've become for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It looks AMAZING.

I'm not one for the fighting game genre, but Tekken will always have a special place in my heart. Mostly because, unlike most fighting games, it can be very difficult to get away with button mashing. I'm not a diehard fan by any means, but it's one game that makes me want to come back for more each time.

My favorite character is Roger/Roger Jr. How about everyone else? Do you have any hopes for Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Mostly because, unlike most fighting games, it can be very difficult to get away with button mashing.

*picks Eddy in Tekken 3*

*hits every button on the controller*

"very difficult to get away with button mashing" is applicable to almost every fighting game except maybe Soul Calibur or really bad 3D fighters like Dead or Alive - especially ones with projectiles.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't play Tekken(or fighting games in general) anymore, but the characters are so bland. I'd take the cast of Blazblue over Tekken any day.

/Negative Nancy

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • *picks Eddy in Tekken 3*

"very difficult to get away with button mashing" is applicable to almost every fighting game except maybe Soul Calibur or really bad 3D fighters like Dead or Alive - especially ones with projectiles.

You are a great button masher I can never seem to do it that well you must teach me your techniques since I suck at most of the combos(dodgey old PSP damn you)!!!

I like using King or Bryan for some reason but both their characters are boring XD.I mostly like Tekken for the actually look of the characters and the stupid parts (Jin is too serious), Street Fighter has too many girls with large boobs so it put me off sadly <_> XD

Years
  • I am a fan of Tekken.
    This use to be a favourite game of mine when I was younger, but throughout the years, it has lost appeal for me and the new Mortal Kombat has servilely dinted my enthusiasm to get the new Tekken.

I will have to look into it when the time comes nearer. (I haven't actually even researched into the new Tekken yet. One of my many things to do.)

However, that being said, I use to love King. For some reason, I just really liked him.​

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe Tekken is my Playstation first game, and I used to play it with my brother and dad.
    When smaller Gon used to be my favorite character, because I think it's small and hard to hit, so my brother and dad can't beat me easily. Well, now I know that it's just the same.
    And now maybe my favorite is Hwoarang, because he's easy to use.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • *picks Eddy in Tekken 3*

this dude is right. as far as button mashing goes, it works well in tekken and that is why i like it, coz when my friends who aren't into fighting games that much can enjoy it.
    will definatelly be picking up ttt2, the question is when. i still need to get my copy of mk and my other fighting games are still getting quite a bit of use out of them so I would say I will get ttt2 when its at a discount price. (y)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I cannot WAIT for Tekken Tag 2! Tekken is one of the few game franchises I follow, and I'm so psyched for this.

What I'm more excited about though is Tekken 7, as the creator has hinted that Jun may finally come back! I've waited so long!!

Years
  • I used to loove the Tekken games but 6 wasn't really as good.

I don't like fightings games now we have online because I never got used to bothering with combos, I just did basic attacks and aced through the story modes.

Back