• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tell Us About Your Anime/Manga Collections!

Years
  • How big are your anime and manga collections? What are your favorite pieces of it? Do you get the merchandise, too? Limited editions? Anything else that you want to talk about relating to them that I'm too lazy to think of?

Basically, the idea of this thread is to let you just have at it showing off and discussing your collections! Pictures are a wonderful bonus.

As for my own collection, mine consists of about 20-ish anime box sets and about 30 single DVD cases in addition to the box sets. I also have 6 official VHS tapes for anime. That collection also includes about 260 manga volumes. In the Imgur album below, I've photographed as much of the collection as I could find, though a few pieces weren't photographed because I couldn't find them or didn't feel like making room on the shelves for them. I was also gonna caption them but I don't feel like captioning 42 images in one go.

http://imgur.com/a/xJZ26

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, I'm still dependent on my parents' money. So I didn't buy much. I only possess volumes 1-3 + volume 63 of One Piece. That's all. But I'll definitely have a good collection when I get a job.

And holy smokes donny, that's quite a bit of a collection you have there! :O

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Your Bleach collection jumps from 4 to 23. Took a bit of a time skip, huh? I can't wrap my head around that collection in general.

The only physical copies of anything I have are the first two discs out of six of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the series box set of Baccano!, the first three Inuyasha movies (Affections Touching Across Time, The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass, and Swords of an Honorable Ruler), Inuyasha: Season One box set, Inuyasha: Season Two box set, Inuyasha: Season Six box set, volume one of the Saiyuki anime, the complete Loveless anime (only eleven episodes or something but still complete), the Tales of Vesperia movie, Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, and Naruto: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom.

I think that's all. It's scattered across the house which is why I can't take a picture but if I round it all up sometime soon I will.

Years
  • Well, I'm still dependent on my parents' money. So I didn't buy much. I only possess volumes 1-3 + volume 63 of One Piece. That's all. But I'll definitely have a good collection when I get a job.

And holy smokes donny, that's quite a bit of a collection you have there! :O

Well, they do take up a lot of room, so you'd best be prepared for that. Honestly, I didn't realize that until I was practically buried in them, haha.

It's pretty daunting at times, but it also just doesn't feel complete at the same time. I'm missing quite a number of volumes from Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures, for example, even of the ones available in English.

Your Bleach collection jumps from 4 to 23. Took a bit of a time skip, huh? I can't wrap my head around that collection in general.

The only physical copies of anything I have are the first two discs out of six of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the series box set of Baccano!, the first three Inuyasha movies (Affections Touching Across Time, The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass, and Swords of an Honorable Ruler), Inuyasha: Season One box set, Inuyasha: Season Two box set, Inuyasha: Season Six box set, volume one of the Saiyuki anime, the complete Loveless anime (only eleven episodes or something but still complete), the Tales of Vesperia movie, Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, and Naruto: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom.

I think that's all. It's scattered across the house which is why I can't take a picture but if I round it all up sometime soon I will.

My Case Closed collection has a bigger time skip (from 12 to 39), though I think I bought the volume 23 from my brother since he was purging things and finding volume 23 was going to be a huge pain at the time I bought it from him.

It's a positively massive collection (but not as big as I'd like it to be since there's a lot of series that I like that I don't have complete series of yet). If I had to guess, I've probably spent between $2600 and $3000 on the manga volumes alone, probably closer to the $3000 mark since sales tax is a thing in my state.

Your anime collection is actually pretty decent. Just a lot of gaps from the sounds of it. The gaps would bug me if I didn't know just how difficult it is to obtain things in the right order from my own experience. Often, you either can't find a specific set in the series or it's ridiculously high priced because it's been out of production for a while and you can only find it second hand for upwards of $200 to $300. Heck, I'm missing the proper Collector's Edition Box Set for Volume 1 of Haruhi's first season, and last I checked, it was going for upwards of $600 ON FREAKING AMAZON (even though they're the king of super low sale prices, even on things like anime). It's a shame because I really want the proper collector's edition but that's so prohibitively expensive on my income.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I can't even keep track on my collection anymore lol. It sucks to not have a private room for myself. xDD

My manga collection is so huge, my containers won't fit in anymore. Yeah, I use containers since I don't have any bookshelves to put them. Will change very soon.

There's also quite a lot of fan merchandise that I collect as well. Conventions are fun. P:

Probably some notable ones: The Death Note, Fairy Tail's Lucy's celestial spirit keys (missing a few though), and Oz Vessalius' pocket watch.

Highest bet is that by the time I hit univ and get a part time job, I'll be spending a lot more on merchandise. After minusing expenses obviously. xDD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • All of my anime is stored on flash drives. That said, I have 3 of them, containing a grand total of about 56 GB of anime. It's mostly my favorites, the ones that I rewatch often.

As for manga, my bookcase contains: (full set unless stated otherwise)
    Red River
    Mushishi
    Fruits Basket
    .hack//Legend of the Twilight
    Buso Renkin
    Death Note
    Code:Breaker 1-5
    Peace Maker (in Japanese)
    Blood Alone (in Japanese)
    Naruto 1-8 (in Japanese)
    Dragonball 1-20 (in Japanese)

I splurged on manga in Japan because there was a store near my school that had manga for like, ridiculously cheap :D

Years
  • My anime/manga collection is quite sad, to be honest :c Mainly because I'd rather read manga online since I spend most of my time on the computer anyway. With that said, my "collection" sadly only consists of: a couple volumes of Kamichama Karin that I received as birthday gifts back in high school, full series for Chobits, and Elfen Lied, and the DVDs for the Inuyasha movies with the exception of the last one, Fire on Mystic Island.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I don't own any Anime DVD/BD unfortunately... (official that is, I have some DVDs of Sonic X that was being sold because it was on local TV)
    One reason is that they aren't available here and the second is that I don't like official subs.

As for my manga collection.
    I have first 14 volumes of Tsubasa Chronicle (I need to complete this...)
    Complete Zero no Tsukaima
    First 6 volumes of Death Note
    First 4 volumes of Naruto
    2 volumes of Code Geass

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't known anything. I know it's pretty bad to just consume anime/manga and not actually contribute to the market, but I spent all my money on video games. :( Gotta work for some more. I will probably buy some Fairy Tail, Gurren Lagann or K-On! DVDs when I have the chance.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I really really really really want to own hard copies of my anime but they're just so expensive! >_< To get the whole set of Clannad (first season only) it was $80 at this store near my house. ._.

I depend on anime websites to watch my anime over and over, though I really should download them on my harddrive for safe keepings.

When I get a job, I'm definitely going to be buying my favourite animes on DVD <3

As for manga, I'm not really into it as much as anime so I'll just depend on my public library. It would be awesome to have full sets in my own home though.

I imagine a whole room filled with box sets and complete manga collections.......sorry I drooled.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Posted this almost a year ago in VIP. But here they are, anyways.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't even keep track on my collection anymore lol. It sucks to not have a private room for myself. xDD

My manga collection is so huge, my containers won't fit in anymore. Yeah, I use containers since I don't have any bookshelves to put them. Will change very soon.

There's also quite a lot of fan merchandise that I collect as well. Conventions are fun. P:

Probably some notable ones: The Death Note, Fairy Tail's Lucy's celestial spirit keys (missing a few though), and Oz Vessalius' pocket watch.

Highest bet is that by the time I hit univ and get a part time job, I'll be spending a lot more on merchandise. After minusing expenses obviously. xDD

I want to see pictures of this impressive-sounding collection!

All of my anime is stored on flash drives. That said, I have 3 of them, containing a grand total of about 56 GB of anime. It's mostly my favorites, the ones that I rewatch often.

As for manga, my bookcase contains: (full set unless stated otherwise)
    Red River
    Mushishi
    Fruits Basket
    .hack//Legend of the Twilight
    Buso Renkin
    Death Note
    Code:Breaker 1-5
    Peace Maker (in Japanese)
    Blood Alone (in Japanese)
    Naruto 1-8 (in Japanese)
    Dragonball 1-20 (in Japanese)

I splurged on manga in Japan because there was a store near my school that had manga for like, ridiculously cheap :D

Dirt cheap manga? That's just madness.

My anime/manga collection is quite sad, to be honest :c Mainly because I'd rather read manga online since I spend most of my time on the computer anyway. With that said, my "collection" sadly only consists of: a couple volumes of Kamichama Karin that I received as birthday gifts back in high school, full series for Chobits, and Elfen Lied, and the DVDs for the Inuyasha movies with the exception of the last one, Fire on Mystic Island.

I don't own any Anime DVD/BD unfortunately... (official that is, I have some DVDs of Sonic X that was being sold because it was on local TV)
    One reason is that they aren't available here and the second is that I don't like official subs.

As for my manga collection.
    I have first 14 volumes of Tsubasa Chronicle (I need to complete this...)
    Complete Zero no Tsukaima
    First 6 volumes of Death Note
    First 4 volumes of Naruto
    2 volumes of Code Geass

What language? English? If it's English, they just started releasing the second ZnT manga series about a month or so ago here in the United States. Proof is a picture of the first volume in the album I'm going to post at the bottom of this post.

When it comes to my anime/manga collection, it is quite small. For anime DVDs, I have the Platinum Complete of Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Complete Collection of Gurren Lagann. As for manga, I have volumes 1 through 4 of Gurren Lagann.

Despite having so few series, those two complete collections sound expensive, haha.

I don't known anything. I know it's pretty bad to just consume anime/manga and not actually contribute to the market, but I spent all my money on video games. :( Gotta work for some more. I will probably buy some Fairy Tail, Gurren Lagann or K-On! DVDs when I have the chance.

Tough dilemma to pick between the two at times for me, haha. Both are extremely expensive hobbies.

I really really really really want to own hard copies of my anime but they're just so expensive! >_< To get the whole set of Clannad (first season only) it was $80 at this store near my house. ._.

I depend on anime websites to watch my anime over and over, though I really should download them on my harddrive for safe keepings.

When I get a job, I'm definitely going to be buying my favourite animes on DVD <3

As for manga, I'm not really into it as much as anime so I'll just depend on my public library. It would be awesome to have full sets in my own home though.

I imagine a whole room filled with box sets and complete manga collections.......sorry I drooled.

As a collector of many things, that image made me drool, too, haha.

Posted this almost a year ago in VIP. But here they are, anyways.

Spoiler:

Do you want to start a merch war? Because that's how you start a merch war.

Anyway, stuff I missed in the big A&M album the first time around: http://imgur.com/a/3jFQr

And some older merch albums of mine for the merch war (though maybe a merch war would merit its own thread):
    http://s337.photobucket.com/user/donavannj/library/anime detour 2014 swiggity swag
    http://s337.photobucket.com/user/donavannj/library/AniMinneapolis 2013 Haul
    http://s337.photobucket.com/user/donavannj/library/yoloswagpimplicious

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Do you want to start a merch war? Because that's how you start a merch war.

But we're supposed to post our merch, right? :o
    I don't have nearly as much as you do anyways

Anyways, since then I've gotten a Kido hoodie, two expensive Guilty Crown necklaces, and all five volumes of Horimiya.

Years
  • But we're supposed to post our merch, right? :o
    I don't have nearly as much as you do anyways

Anyways, since then I've gotten a Kido hoodie, two expensive Guilty Crown necklaces, and all five volumes of Horimiya.

I totally did say that, looking back at the first post. I just wanted to issue a challenge, haha. :P

Pics of all that plz.

No, no, it's in my native language.

Ah. Which seasons does that run comprise of? All of the manga tie-ins or is it just a 7 volume set like the one for the first season is?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • The majority of stuff in my anime/manga collection were actually given as presents considering until now, I had absolutely no money. I have -
    • My Neighbour Totoro (DVD)
    • Howl's Moving Castle (DVD)
    • The Cat Returns (DVD)
    • Kiki's Delivery Service (DVD)
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (DVD)
    • Love Hina (DVD Boxset)
    • Tokyo Underground (DVD Boxset)
    • Ouran High School Host Club (DVD Boxset)
    • Black Cat (Vol. 1-4)
    • Blue Exorcist (Vol. 1-3)
    • The Yagyu Ninja Scrolls (Vol. 1)
    • Tegami Bachi (Vol. 1-2)
    • Sailor Moon (Vol. 1 - 20th Anniversary Re-release)
    • Ace Attorney (Vol. 1)
    • My Neighbour Totoro (children's book - in original Japanese)
    • Sailor Moon Keychain
    • Ciel Phantomhive Keychain (from Black Butler)
    • Rin Okumura Keychain (from Blue Exorcist)
    • Miku Hatsune Keychain (from Vocaloid)
    • Blue Exorcist poster
    • Yuki Cross (Day Class) Plushie (from Vampire Knight)
    • Girls' Day Class Cosplay (from Vampire Knight)
    • A Hetalia: World Series x Animate Cafe postcard (One of my Japanese penpals sent me this)
    • A small Totoro plush (from My Neighbour Totoro)

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • I own an Air Gear DVD box with 4 DVDs in it.
    I own a Luffy hat.
    I own 2 Pikachu plushies.
    And I own a few Cosplays:
    *Hinata Hyuga from Naruto
    *Kukuru from Air Gear
    *Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    *Azusa Nakano from K-On!
    I own a few posters:
    *Sasuke (Naruto)
    *Sakura (Naruto)
    *Shugo Chara
    *Haruhi
    *Hell Girl/Shigoku Shoujo
    And the manga I own:
    *Alice 19th: 1-7
    *Bleach: 1-12
    *InuYasha: 1-10
    *Mon Ciel après Cours (idk what the name's in English): 1-5
    *Fruits Basket: 1-10
    *Gals!: 1-2
    *Naruto: 1-26
    *Kamichama Karin Chu: 1-3
    *Death Note: 1-2
    *Hiyokoi: 1-7

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I've got the complete collection of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, the first half of Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak in manga, that Del Roy Wolverine manga, DMC3 vol 1 and 2 aaand Bleach vols 1-23. Or something. Stops just before the Arranchar arc begins. Used to collect anime DVDs too but I've since sold most of mine. The only thing I have left that's worth a mention is Madhouse's X-Men anime. Love its style to bits, even if the storyline is poor.

Back