• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terra: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Kritis letting out a big sigh when he saw the Pidgey hit the ground knowing the he shouldn't push Charmander any farther. He got down to eye level with Charmander, held out the Pokeball and tried to reason with it to get in.

"Alright come on Charmander get in your Pokeball." Completely disobeying his master's orders the naive Charmander thwacked the ball out of Kritis' hand and just sat there.

"What are you tired?" He suggested in a tone you would talk to a baby in. "I guess we should take a break before we march on." Kritis sat down beside the young lizard and looked up, the two could see the sun at its peak making it scorching hot, Charmander's tail beside him didn't help any.

"Hey Char lets go sit under that big oak tree over there." Kritis pointed at a huge tree sitting in the middle of the park with Spearow and Pidgey nesting in the sturdy branches. Almost immediately after Char and Kritis laid their back on the tree a young Spearow toppled of a branch and fell on Charmanders lap. The baby Spearow opened it eyes to see the orange lizard staring at it and became frightened, it started hollering around until all of the birds in the tree woke up to see who disturbed their young. The swarm of Spearows soon found the culprits, Kritis and Char!

"Quick run for it Charmander!!!" Kritis yelled at Charmander as he already took off running as fast as he could. Charmander trailed him running as fast as his stubby legs could carry him.

"Char-Charmander-Char!" A Spearow hooked into Char's back and started pecking at the back of his noggin.

"Quick Char just fall back onto the Spearow!" Charmander continued running not trusting Kritis as their first encounter with a bird didn't go to well.

"Please Char you have to trust me on this, come on we can't succeed if you can't trust your partner!" Charmander reluctantly agreed jumped up and fell on his back making a Spearow sandwich with his back and the ground. Kritis quickly pulled out Charmander's Pokeball and called for Char to return. A red beam hit Charmander and all of a sudden a Spearow was laying on its back unconscious where Charmander used to be. After Charmander dissipated the Spearows turned their eyes onto Kritis and began to give chase as Kritis was running towards route 401.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    Bart yawned. His rather long journey bored him, even if it was his father's privately owned jet. Bart, disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm given by his peers after successfully collecting the Hoenn badges, planned on starting from scratch - without being given extra help by Daddy's money. His friends had all said the same thing: "You wouldn't have been nearly as successful if you had to earn your Pokémon!". it was no matter. Bart was sure he could handle raising Pokémon, even if they were rather weak.

After the jet landed on the long runway at Terra National Airport, Bart thanked the pilot (who had to make the return trip before nightfall) and exited the plane, entering the airport. Inside, people were shocked at his familiar face. His father, Maximillion Jenson, was the inventor of the Ultra Ball - a powerful ball whos capture ability was surpassed only by the rare Master Ball. People gawked at him, and he wondered rather being rich and famous was a gift or a curse.

Bart hailed a taxi and asked to be transported to PokéPower Labs. The cab driver, who also recognized the boy, stated that no fee would be asked. Bart sighed. Many people think fame and fortune are all good and no bad, but in truth, Bart wanted to experience what life would be like had he not been so lucky at birth. Twelve minutes passed before the taxi stopped, in front of a mediocre looking building with an aging roof, "PokéPower Lbs" burned brightly above an awning, the 'a' having burned out long ago. Bart placed a check worth □2500 on the passenger seat, and thanked the man.

Walking in, Bart was not impressed at the decor. In his mansion, rare Pokémon fossils and art littered the walls, leaving his expactations through the roof for any "establishment". He politely asked the secretary which way the area with Professor Thompson would be, and the lady pointed toward a doorway in the back. 'Dr. Taylor Thompson, p.p.' was on a nameplate at eye-level. Bart knocked twice.

The professor opened the door, and was immediately in shock: Bartholomew Jenson, son of Maximillion Jenson, stood in front of him. The professor was very interested in the work that had been done in the research of the Ultra Ball, and it had always been a dream of his to meet the designer. "How are you, Mr. Jenson? I'm sure you're here for a reason! What is it?"

"I would like to participate in the Terra League," the boy said, as if to ward the professor off the topic of 'who he was'.

"Are you serious, Mr. Jenson? Last I heard, you had a full team of highly evolved Pokémon with expensive trainer machines! Why would you want to start from scratch with a weak little Squirtle?", the professor asked, dumfounded.

"Yes, I am serious. Please call me Bart. It is personal reasons, I'm sure you understand. I'll take the Squirtle, and leave all my money with you. I'd prefer to start from scratch completely, without my money giving me a distinct advantage", the young trainer spoke, handing over the checkbook and □20000 in pure cash.

"Okay, if you're sure. This is probably the most money I've held in my hands, ever. Wow. Squirtle is right here," the professor said, grabbing the Pokéball from the pentagonal shaped table, and handing it to the large boy, along with a Pokédex and five Poké Balls.

"Thank you, Dr. Thompson. I'll be sure to check in with you to ensure my safety. Farewell,", and the boy was gone.

Bart made his way out of the library with □500 cash in hand. He knew of a location nearby with weaker Pokémon whom he could battle for a bit of experience before making his way down toward Rt. 401 and beyond. He strolled down the long path through downtown and into Gaia Park, where he sat on a bench, and released his Squirtle.

Squirtle, squirt. The Squirtle glanced up at the boy, who was the first trainer it had ever laid eyes on. Squirt squirtle squirt.

"Yes Squirtle, I am your new master. I believe your name shall be Theodore. Together, we will conquer Terra, the legitimate way!", Bart exclaimed, before seeing a creature in the distance. He recognized it's small body and large, purple tail: A Rattata.

"Squirtle, that's a Rattata. The pests are always trying to find their way into my house and make a mess of things. I know for a fact they are very simple creatures to defeat, and you shall witness firsthand my abilities as a Pokémon trainer. I want you to walk over to it nonchalantly, before whipping it once with your tail and following up with a strong tackle to it's body.

Squirt. The Tiny Turtle Pokémon did as told and walked over to the small rat, trying to start up a conversation. The Rattata saw through the charade and dashed toward the turtle, but was promptly hit in the face by a Tail Whip. The Rattata plopped over on it's side, and was weakened. The Squirtle finished up the job by ramming it's head into the gut of the small mouse, knocking the wind out of it. It repeated this task twice before the Rattata looked about ready to die.

(OOC: A bit short, I know. I wanted to make sure everything that needed to be covered would be covered so I can begin my journey.)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The Rattata, weary and bruised laid down, falling into a deep sleep. It had been knocked unconscious.
    Result: Victory!
    Squirtle advanced to L6!
    Bart found Potion x1!

[OOC: Terrific post, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe your character will be a lot of fun to have around!]

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    Bart was obviously excited that his first battle without strong Pokémon went so well. Bart figured it would be best to stay in the immediate area and fight a little bit more before moving on to more dangerous roads. Glancing around, he saw his prey: a Spearow.

The Spearow was perched on a tree branch above a bench about ten feet away. It was staring off into the distance as if it was searching for a deeper meaning in life. Bart was thinking of a good way to begin his attack. He knew that the deciding factor in a battle with a wild Pokémon was the start, and Bart had the element of surprise on his side. He glanced over at his Squirtle and thought of a good course of action.

"Theodore, I want you to listen carefully. Stand behind this bench and wait for my move. I plan on throwing a rock at the Spearow and agitating it. When it comes after me, I want you to Tackle it onto the ground with all your might. Do you understand?"

At first, the Squirtle did not recognize it's new name and didn't listen to it's owner. By the time it figured out it was being talked to, it had missed half of the plan and stood still right where it was, quizzically looking at it's new owner, wishing he would repeat himself. Unfortunately, the trainer did not notice and picked up a small rock, taking aim at the bird.

Squirtle! Squirtle squirt!!

"Okay, here I go!"

The rock sailed through the air, hitting the Spearow on the forehead and leaving a bump. The Spearow instantly flipped around, glaring at the trainer who dared mess with it. It flew into the air and went into a divebomb toward the boy, beak at the ready.

"Get ready, Squirtle! It's about to - HEY! YOU'RE NO-"

The Squirtle was not in position and could only look on as it's owner was pelted in the face by the Spearow, at full force. The boy tripped backward, landing on his back. The Spearow proceeded to peck his chest, ripping a hole in his shirt.

"THE-O-DORE... TA-CKLE!", the boy pitifully cried out, desperate to get the bird off of him.

The Squirtle sprung into action, running over to the boy who lay on his back and diving at the Spearow, who had the sense to fly up and avoid the attack, causing the Squirtle to Tackle it's owner right in the gut.

"OOF! THEODORE NOT ME! YOU MORON, GET THE BIRD!"

The Squirtle could only look on as the bird, out of it's grasp, perched back on the tree it began on, scoffing.

Squirtle. Squirtle squirtle.

"What do you mean you can't reach it? It's right there!"

Squirtle! Squirt squirt!

"Just go climb the tree. Tackle it from up there!"

Squiiiirtle. The Squirtle made it's way over to the tree, grabbing it in a bear hug and shimmying up, slowly. The Spearow simply stared on, waiting for it's time to move. Eventually, the turtle made it up the tree, and was hanging on for balance. As it approached the bird, the bird fell off and flew away, hovering and mocking the Squirtle who was trying so hard to damage it. The Squirtle, exhausted from it's climb, sat down.

"Don't sit down! You need to do something! Attack it"

Squirtle squirtle!!!
    As the Squirtle was screaming, it lost it's balance and fell out of the tree. Unluckily for the Spearow, it's wing was clipped by the Squirtle who managed to hold on as it fell, bringing both Pokémon down. Once they made contact with the ground, the Squirtle jumped on top of the Spearow, flailing about, and got a good blow in on it's head.

"Good hit, Theodore."

The Squirtle was exhausted and in pain from the fall, but couldn't help being proud of itself for the accomplishment.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    The Unlikely Ally

"Hm so this is Route 401." Kritis was chased by the flock of Spearow he hadn't had a chance to soak up the beauty of the wilderness yet. "Alright come on out guys!"

"Charrrrrrrrrrr!"

"Oh, thats right I haven't caught any Pokemon..., oh well we just started anyway so its okay right Char?"

"Char." Charmander walked up to its master and did his best to pat him on the back, unfortunately Char couldn't reach very high.

"Shrewwwwwwwwwww!

"Huh what was that?" Kritis and Char jumped in excitement looking around to see what was making that noise when all of a sudden.

"Sanddddddddddd-ssshhhhrrrrreeeewwwww!" A wild Sandshrew zonked Kritis right in the head and he began to roll.

"Ow, what in the world was that." Kritis noticed the Sandshrew standing in front of him ready to attack again. "I know what that is, it's a, um it's aaaaaa. Sandslash thats what it is!" Charmander quickly tapped the side pocket of Kritis' bag where the Pokedex was held. "Huh what're you doing that for, hey wait get outta there Charmander!" Charmander pulled out the Pokedex and handed it to Kritis. "Why are you giving me this, do you want me to scan that Sandslash to see what level it is?" Char slapped himself on the forehead at the stupidity on his new owner. "What now you don't want me to scan it?"

"Char Char, Char Char Char Charmander," Charmander was violently shaking his head in disagreement.

"I don't understand what you're saying so I'm just going to scan it."

"Char!" Kritis finally got the point and Charmander fell on the ground in relief."

"Man I wonder what got into him all of a sudden?" Kritis muttered under his breath.

"Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokémon. Sandshrew hates moisture and lives in holes it digs in dry places. It protects itself by curling into a ball."

"Oh is that Char was trying to tell me that it's not a Sandslash but instead a Sandshrew. Any way this should be an easy fight it might be two levels higher than Char but it only knows Scratch. Anyways let us begin, Char, go, Scratch!" Charmander quickly arose to his feet as if his trainer's voice was a whistle and began to run for the Sandshrew. Charmanders claws began to grow longer from all of the energy stored inside of them waiting to be unleashed on Sandshrew.

"Wow we must have really grown strong!" Charmander was closing in on Sandshrew at speeds faster than most Charmanders when all of a sudden...

"Diglett! Digletttttt? Diglett, Diglett Dig Diglett!"

A Diglett popped up from under the top soil in Charmanders way and Char slammed right into it's back!"

"Errrrrr, Chaaaaarrrrrrr." Charmander gave out a sympathetic whine obviously taking damage from the head on collision.

"Ke ke ke, Shrew!" Sandshrew has begin mocking Charmander starting to run into a rock and falling down mocking and laughing at him.

"Okay that does it! Wait, where did that Diglett pop outta anyway?" Kritis had just realised when Sandshrew hit Kritis They fell into a rut on the side of Route 401.

"Don't pay attention to him Char Growl at him then Scratch his stomach where there is no padding!"

"Charrr." Charmander was too busy laying on the ground looking at the hallucanative stars.

"Grr, come on snap out of it Char that Sandshrew is about to run away!" Immediately after Kritis said that the Sandshrew looked at him closely, clearly pissed that he just said that. "Ummm, Charrr we got trouble coming this way. Char!" Charmander quickly snapped out of his daze and stood up with his claws out looking to pick a fight with a certain Sandshrew.

"Shreeeewww!" Sandshrew began running swiftly at Charmander accepting the fight and apparently making the first move. The two Pokemon got to ten feet apart with Charmander holding his ground getting to release his Scratch attack. Sandshrew was right at in Chars when when, [insert cutting of flesh noise here]! Sandshrew had side stepped gracefully as Charmander swung his claws leaving a wide open attack for the Sandshrew, and he took it.

"Char, no!" Charmander collapsed immediately after being hit. "No Char I shouldn't have pushed you after that last encounter. The Sandshrew just turned up his nose and walked away as if it wasn't even worth it. "Don't worry buddy we're almost at February Town, they have a Pokemon Center there! Okay Char does that sound good, return!" The red beam struck Char as Kritis held the Pokeball at it. "Don't worry buddy I won't let anything else happen to you."

After Kritis stood up and was about to walk away a deranged Mankey with bloodshot eyes popped out of a shrub close to them. It started walking towards them sniffing the air as if it could smell the fresh but faint blood.

"Maaaaannnnnnkkkkkeeeeeeyyyyyy!"

"Huh that didn't sound good we better head off." Kritis had returned to the pavement known as Route 401. Kritis was moving at a fast pace trying to get to their destination fast without getting too tired. After about a minute the Mankey caught up with them and let out a blood lust scream.

"What the..." Kritis had turned around and stopped talking to see a Mankey staring at them almost staring into his soul. "Oh no it must have smelled Char! You're not hurting my Pokemon today, I won't let you!" The Mankey thought Kritis yelling challenging him to a battle and began to Focus all of his Energy to one point on its body.

"Char..." Charmander had broke free of its Pokeball annd let out a Growl as loud as it could in its stage.

"No Char you can't it's too dangerous, you could die!"

"Key, Mankey!" The Mankey sure didn't seem to notice the Growl at all and ran for Charmander. As Mankey got closer it did a sliding Low Kick knocking Charmander over to one knee. Charmander stod back up ready for another attack, this time Mankey got closer and attempted to Scratch Charmander. Charmander just wouldn't allow it, he quickly grabbed Mankeys arm, Mankey took his other hand and attempted and Charmander quickly grabbed it again, soon the two had their heads pressed up against one another trying to push the other over.

"Shreeeeeeeeewwwwwww!" a voice yelled out as Mankey toppled over, it was Sandshrew!

"Huh Sandshrew you came back, why? The Sandshrew said nothing and began Scratching Mankey until it backed up, Sandshrew quickly dragged Charmander to the side and tbegan taking a fighting stance in front of Kritis. "Do you want to battle for me Sandshrew?"

"Shrew." Sandshrew nooded his head and stood by ready for his order."

"Alright Shrew you're clearly a speedy son of a gun, lets use that to our advantage. Wait until Mankey is right in front and pull that move you did to Charmander a lil while ago.

"Shrew!" Mankey started running towards Sandshrew and as planned Sandshrew succeeded.

"Maaaaaannn-key!" Mankey was outraged, it started throwing a fit yelling at Sandshrew then pointing at where it had been scratched.

"Fine then yell all you want you big baby! Psst, Sandshrew do that again when Mankey charges you.

"Shrew!" Mankey had softened up and was starting to look more like a spoiled brat than a fierce fighter.

"Mankeyeyeyeyeyeyey!" Mankey gave out a little battle cry and began charging Sandshrew. Mankey jumped up and aimed low for Shrew's knees.

"Watch out Sandshrew that's Low Kick, jump back as it closes in then Scratch it!"

"Shrew" Sandshrew jump as told then lunged down and rapidly Scratched at Mankeys torso. Mankey started hollering out in pain and kicked Sandshrew off of him, Shrew went flying back and skidded a few feet before standing up.

"Man...key." Mankey was clearly exhausted but he had a will to fight in his nature.

"Come on Shrew while he's resting Scratch him!" Sandshrew Clawed Mankey on its side under its arm, just like it did to Charmander. "Alright Shrew finish him off knock him into that tree with one final Scratch!" Sandshrew obeyed charging after the injured Mankey sandshreew knocked it into an Oran Berry tree and Oran berries fell onto the Mankey covering it up. Sandshrew waited to see if the Mankee would arise.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The Spearow, having falled from a pretty large distance and absorbing a few punches, was down for the count.

Result: Victory!
    Squirtle advanced to L8!
    Squirtle learned Bubble!

The Mankey did get up, barely phased. The Sandshrew looked very insignificant compared to the fighting monkey, who was staring it down contemplating it's next move,

Round One: Mankey

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    Sapphire looked out into the horizon of harsh trees that towered over the many beaten paths that spewed off in different directions in the forest. Sapphire had just left this place, but with a freshened up lovely looking bunch of Pokémon, she was ready to go on a hunt for a real challenge. She stepped back into the forest, some scattered leaves under her foot crunched. She breathed in the fine air, but managed to chock on the natural stench. She must have wandered into the toilet area of the forest. Never the less, a little bit of... Alright, this was totally not Sapphire's thing. She ran out of the forest covering her nose and gaging on nothing but air. The sight she had saw... all that horrible image... she just hoped what crunched under her foot was a leaf and not the other things she saw. Sapphire gathered her bearings and and started to breathe normally again. She wandered around to a different path. Sapphire looked on the ground and scanned it extremely carefully, making sure that it was clear of any unwanted droppings. Once she was satisfied, she finally entered the forest again. This time she was going to stay for the ride no matter what the forest through at her.

~5 Minutes later~

"Urgh I've got stung by a weedle."

~5 Minutes Earlier~

Sapphire looked at the small worm-like Pokémon looking up at her. It looked so sweet and cute as it tilted it's big head up and took in the view of the girl. The nose on it's face was a healthy pink and it's small black eyes studied Sapphire's profile carefully. The way the creature wiggled about was adorable, and with the small horn on it's head it looked like it could make a good attacker. Of course though, this wasn't Sapphire's ideal Pokémon. No matter how cute it looked, a bug type Pokémon was not exactly what Sapphire wanted on her team. She knelt down beside it and brought out a hand to it's nose, so the worm could sniff her hand. A delicate smile came to her lips as she closed her eyes and left her cent with the creature. She too took the time to once again try breathing in the air around her. The texture of the smell was a little rough, pollen filled and cluttered. However, there was a sweet smell of fresh leaves and... well Pokémon of course.

"Ouch!" Sapphire squealed as her eyes suddenly shot open at a stinging pain in the side of her hand. The limb was quickly snatched away from the creature and Sapphire looked at the wound it had left. Only a little blood had been drawn from the small prick by the horn, nothing Sapphire couldn't handle. "Tch." The disgusted sound slurred past her lips as she glared at the worm. "What are you anyway? You're just a Caterpie right?" Sapphire took out her Pokédex and flipped it open to gether more information on the bug. The machine brought up a lot of dater about this so called 'Caterpie' who's real name was actually weedle. Sapphire started to shack as she silently kept repeating in her head- "Poison... Poison... Poison... Pison"- She didn't know what to do. Her eyes darted down back to her wound. The out side of it had began to turn an purple colour and she began to feel very, extremely hot. She placed a hand on her forehead and wobbled a little to her feet as she felt light headed and dizzy. The Poision must have entered the bloodstream and was getting around quite quick. "Stupid bug." She muttered as she weakly kicked the Weedle into a near by tree. She stumbled away a little and found a boy in a straw hat.

"Urgh, I've been stung by a weedle."

"W-What?! Who are you?!" the boy shouted, startled by the sudden presence of the woozy Sapphire. As he swung around, a huge net was slammed into Sapphire's face, ultimately knocking her to the ground with a massive red mark running across her face. The boy's bug catching bag had also swung around and a shrunken Pokéball came flying out of it, landing directly on Sapphire's forehead. For the poor poisoned girl, this was a lot worse then how it seemed. She grumbled as the boy realized what he had done and squatted down to her aid at once. He went into his bag and pulled out an antidote. "Y-You said you was stung by a weedle right?"

Sapphire glared at the boy and sat herself up properly, only just about staying up properly though. "You're not spraying me with medicine for Pokémon kid, forget it!" Sapphire protested as he pushed the bottle in front of her face. A stern expression was creased into the wrinkles of his face and he grabbed her hand with force.

"Let me guess, you was stupid enough to stroke it?" The boy suggested, explaining why he suddenly went for the hand. Sapphire blushed with embarrassment and gritted her teeth. The guy looked younger than her, and she didn't like the idea of being dubbed "Stupid." She retreated her away from him and then let it meet him again... harshly brushing past his cheek as a ruthless slap. A red hand mark was clear to see in a matter of seconds, and the boy's straw hat flew off as it got taken up into a gust of wind. There was an awkward silence and the hat landed in a pile of broken rotted leaves behind the boy who looked quite stunned at Sapphire's actions.

"You're the one that stupid." She grumbled. "I-It's the wrong hand." She blushed further and submitted to the boy, holding out the poisoned hand. A little tremble came from the boy as he was afraid she'd attack him again. "It was a one off!" She groaned looking away and letting out a small sigh.

"R-Right." The boy took her hand and looked at the wound. The antidote he sprayed on may have been for Pokémon use but seemed to be taking affect on the Sapphire as well! She squealed at the sting that the medicine produced. It felt like acid tearing away her flesh and drinking her blood with a toothy grin. Sapphire tried to ignore it and endure it, not wanting to show herself up. The wound began to bleed again, but the Bug catcher began to bandage her up. "You know, I've been helping you out, and I haven't even learned your name yet. What's is it?" Sapphire looked at him and raised an eye brow. For the moment, she had forgotten she even had a name.

"Sapphire." She stated, as though she was rather lonely.

"Thomas." The boy smiled at her, a toothy grin... just like the antidote. "What you doing in a place like this though?" the boy questioned, bringing out a little bit of tape to stick the bandage down.

"I'm a trainer... I guess I'm training and catching Pokémon here." She stated, wandering why she was there. "That's right." she had remembered. "I came here to see if there was any other trainers that wanted to battle me." Bug Catcher Thomas stared at Sapphire, his lips parted and an unknowing sound came from his throat. "What's that look for?" She questioned.

"I-I'm a Pokémon trainer. I could battle you." Thomas noted in a rather unsettled tone, not sure if he should had said that or not. "It wouldn't be hard to beat a girl who was dumb enough to pet a poisonous Pokémon." He snickered a little and watched Sapphire get flustered.

"Tch. You know... I hate the name Thomas." Sapphire suddenly blurted out, off topic. She looked down at the grass and started to pick it out randomly while Thomas began to pull some sort of drink from his pack. It was in a flask and he was too young to be drinking tea or coffee, so Sapphire assumed it was hot chocolate and jumped at the offer when he asked if she'd like some. Once she had it, Sapphire used the plastic cup to warm her hands for a few second before taking a warming sip. The boy suddenly questioned her earlier statement. "Why do I hate the name Thomas? It was my Ex boyfriend's name." She looked deep into the cup and watched as the gentle breeze caused the liquid inside to ripple slightly.

"Did he dump you?" The boy asked quite bluntly.

Sapphire's face turned red, and a vein popped out. She held back from any violence though, and her face turned red from trying to hold back the tears, which would have certainly spoiled her hot chocolate drink. "Y-yes. He dumped me." Sapphire took a sip of the drink once more. The fringe of her hair covered her eyes as she chucked back the whole drink down her throat. Her throat was actually beginning to hurt with the pain that occurs when you suppress tears. She took the cup away and sat normally, looking at the last dribble of hot chocolate that sat there.

"Why'd you break up?" Thomas asked, starting to recognize the situation, but couldn't help but let curiosity get the better of him.

"H-He..." Sapphire paused and gave the cup back to the boy. She gulped sharply and curled over in a ball. Her right hand rested on her forehead and she slid it through her hair as she tried to gather her senses. Everything stopped. The pain... and the wanting to cry. "He didn't like the way I dealt with things. I guess." Sapphire stared directly into Thomas' eyes and deep into the essences of his soul. He could understand why he left her, if she had just slapped a random boy who was trying to help her. Never the less, he wasn't going to point that out to her. She seemed to had been going through enough pain as it was... of course, he couldn't completely control his mouth.

"That's stupid. Why babble over him and why run after him? Why have him on your mind? I don't know what he did to you, or how you ended up hating the name Thomas but he must have been a real big prat to make you even hate the name. So stop it. Move on you silly girl. You're pretty and stuff, so getting another guy, probably 10 times better than this Thomas prat, wont be hard for you. I'll help you get over him. We'll have that Pokémon battle and then I can see how smart you are too. It'll keep you occupied. Besides! You only look about what, 13? You shouldn't even be thinking of guy in that way silly girl!" Thomas stood up and grabbed Sapphire's wrist dragging her up with him. She pushed her over to another side of the area and looked down at the ground. The space was big enough and clear enough for a fair and fun battle. "Is three on three fine with you?"

"I-I Only have two usable Pokémon. One of them, will unfortunately have to a spectator if that's alright? The only move Tek, My Abra knows is Teleport." Sapphire stated, while releasing the Pokémon who took to the sidelines immediately to watch the battle.

"That's fine. I have that problem too." Bug Catcher Thomas sent out a metapod who also took to the side. "The only move it know's is Harden." He laughed, and it almost turned into a snort but he kept his cool.

Sapphire nodded and grabbed a Pokéball as did he. She didn't expect the Catcher to send out his greatest Pokémon first, so decided to start things off with the newly caught male Nidoran. "You ready?" She questioned, trying to taste her own victory.

"Course I am, Girl who's not smart enough to know NOT TO STROKE A WEEDLE!" He laughed and both of the trainers threw out their first Pokémon. As Sapphire suspected, she was faced with a Caterpie. A worm type Pokémon... one that wasn't poisonous. Sapphire had sent out Hero. This would be her first battle along side this Pokémon so she really didn't know what to expect. However, Sapphire wasn't a complete noob and knew that Nidoran would have already known the move 'Peck'. Technically this was a flying type move, and that was one of bug type Pokémon's weaknesses. She had the upper hand in this round, but she was determined for some experience to go Gilbert's way as well.

"Alright Hero! I want you to use leer and then follow up that stats lower with a blinding peck!" Sapphire commanded in her first real battle. Hero, the purple poison Pokémon nodded at the command and leaped into action. His speed was faster than that of the Caterpie, but he had to watch out for moves like string shot that could slow him down. A glare that sent shivers down any Pokémon's spine came to Hero's eyes as a leer attack went into play, while he followed it up with a sharp peck that would hopefully be omitted but the horn on his head.

(OOC: I hope this is OK for you. Although I've probably done it wrong >.> Also, I used this post for a bit of Character Building.)

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    "Caterpie, get ready to move. Incoming is a peck, a flying type move. I need you to spray string shot directly in front of you. Then, move out of the way at a 45 degree angle and come in with a rushing tackle! Let's go!"

The Caterpie glanced up at the Nidoran that was in mid air, aimed his tail up, and sprayed some sticky substance onto the creature from deep within. The creature, noticeably slowed by the stickiness, made contact with the Caterpie at a much lesser velocity and did a lot less damage. Still slowed, the Caterpie moved to the side of the creature, stepped back, and ran forward with it's head down.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    "This is going to sting a bit so brace yourself dear"

"
    YEOUCH!!"

Hitomi yelped and quickly wrenched her arm out of the doctor's gloved grasp "That hurt! It burns!" she cried while the nurse smiled and applied more antiseptic, holding Hitomi's arm in a vice like grip "Good, that means its working, now hold still so I can bandage your shoulder" Hitomi groaned some more and darkly muttered to herself about crazy nurses and bandages.

"
    Nido Nido Ni"

"
    Gee. Pidgey"

Ace and Ran, seemed to be getting along great, Geodude was being antisocial, they were all sitting on a cot, waiting for Hitomi to finish getting her shoulder bandaged up. Ran was nibbling content on an apple and Ace was eating some Pokémon food, albeit a bit slowly, he took small breaths as he ate. Ace had gotten the area around his breast bandaged up, due to him being squeezed so roughly by the Pinsir, while Geodude was relaxing on the cot, he closed his eyes and used his bulky arms as a cushion, to pillow his head while he laid down. "Nido Nido Ni?" the floating boulder scowled, stupid Nidoran wouldn't be quiet, she was too 'concerned' about Hitomi's well being.

"Gee-ee Pidgey"

Tch, even the bird had fallen for the girl's charms. Well not him, he was a proud Geodude and he didn't need anyone, the best there was and no one could tell him otherwise. Geodude smirked haughtily in his spot, he was the big man on this team and no girl, especially a human would order him around "Nido? Ran Nii?" growling to himself Geodude opened one eye and stared down at the little Nidoran "Geodude?" what did she want, can't this kid see he's trying to take a nap, he really didn't care if Hitomi was going to survive or not, he was only worried about getting stronger and boosting his already large ego, not about some little flesh wound on a human.

"Nido. . . Nido Ni..."

Ugh, now the brat's feeling bad about Hitomi's wound because she feels as though, she was the one who caused all this to happen, which is partly true. Hitomi just wanted to be nice, and instead of dropping the kid where she stood and went on about searching for February Town's Pokemon Center, Hitomi's dumb butt stayed and got hurt "Geodude" It's her own fault he responded with a careless shrug "Geo. Geo. Geodude" Ran's eyes widened, how could he be so careless about something like that, Hitomi was a nice girl and he's taking it for granted.

"This is why I hate hospital's" Hitomi muttered while gently rubbing at her bandaged shoulder when she entered the room where her Pokemon were resting in, though upon entering, she blinked in confusion as she glanced at an angry Ran, who looked ready to beat the snot out of her smug looking Geodude. Ace was oblivious to it all, eating his food "Hey you two! Cut that out!" Hitomi walked over to Ran and picked up the stiff Pokemon and scratched her head "What's gotten into you two?" Geodude just rolled his eyes and closed them, ignoring her, while Ran relaxed and shook her head "Nido"

"I'll never understand you guys" she sighed and pulled out Ace and Geodude's Pokéballs, recalling them and placing them securely on her belt, while Ran was being held comfortably in her arms "Anyway, Ran we're heading back to the forest okay. I need to start training you guys, plus I wanna find that kid with the Butterfree and beat his butt for attacking me"

"Nido Ni!"

Ran gave a determined cry as they exited the Pokemon Center. Hitomi stopped and glanced around, her eyes stopping on a blue roofed building that said PokéMart "But first, lets check out the PokéMart... I don't wanna wind up running back to the Center again"Hitomi entered the shop and glanced around briefly before picking up a couple of Potions, each Potion cost 200p and she only had 500p, she didn't want to spend all of what little cash she had. Sighing Hitomi grabbed a Potion and did her business with the man at the counter "This Potion will be used for emergency purposes only.... and until we can get some more cash" she mumbled looking away with an embarrassed face.

"Ran use Scratch! Ace and Geodude, use Tackle!"

"Nido Ni!"

Ran, ran up to the docile looking Caterpie and scratched the bug on its side, this caused it to shriek and glare at Ran before it spit a shot of gooey white string at the Poison type, trapping it effectively. Ace on the other hand was doing a bit better with his opponent, seeing as how he was able to maneuver better in the air and easily dodged the Poison Sting shot from an angry Weedle. while Geodude stared down his opponent, a Metapod, with a defiant expression. Upon entering the forest and finding a good spot to train, it was just their luck that Hitomi had managed to find the trio of bugs, a good warm-up session before she would challenge the bug catcher, she didn't know what other Pokemon he had, aside from his Butterfree and that thing was no pushover.

But she knew for a fact, that the boy most likely had more bugs... and until her Pidgey learned a flying attack, such as Peck or Gust, Ace would be somewhat useless, only being able to stall for time and lower accuracy and hinder sight. Ran could prove useful as well, with her sharp claws and Grow and Tail Whip were pretty effective. Hitomi smiled as she watched Ran and Ace continued to exchange blows with Caterpie and Weedle, both bugs were putting up a fight, refusing to go down, she looked towards Metapod and her Geodude, both weren't moving, but Metapod had a reason, for upon evolving it had no other attack except for Harden, which Hitomi thought was pretty stupid, since defenses could only sustain a certain amount of damage before crumbling.

Geodude. He was stubborn, very cocky, prideful and egotistical, the rock refused to obey any of her orders and follow his own agenda, now that's good... if he were still wild, but under her instruction, Geodude could become much more powerful than his trainer less counterparts, if only he would let her teach him. Geodude could be a very powerful, physical asset to her team but she'd need to break down those walls he's supposedly surrounded himself in, she needed to crack that thick skull of his open and show him that he needed her just as much as she needed him.

A plan began to formulate in her head and Hitomi smile slyly.

"Your doing great Ace! Keep up that dodging and try to switch up some of those tackles with Sand-Attack, you don't want you opponent to be able to read you like an open book, even if you don't have many moves, use your surroundings to the fullest and your assets as well! Bat that Weedle with your wings, scratch 'im with your talons! Poke him in the eyes with your beak! –– I didn't didn't say gouge them out! I meant like temporarily blind him, not dig your beak in its eye" she explained, watching with a mixed expression, filled with worry, for the Weedle, and amusement, for Ace, as both predator and prey met in a clash of spikes and beaks.

Hitomi looked to Ran. The female Nidoran was doing a much better job at avoiding its opponents attack, mostly because Caterpie was pretty slow, compared to most Pokemon, but its tackles had a bit of force behind them and Ran was sent rolling across the battlefield, right before Caterpie followed up with a sticky String Shot, that trapped the Poison type briefly, who instantly began chewing on the sticky substance so she could release herself, which took no more then several moments and she was once again back in action, charging at the green, silk spitting worm, lashing out with her tiny but extremely sharp claws.

Hitomi glanced at Geodude, who was still doing nothing, she decided to put her plan into motion "Aww C'mon Geodude!" she started with a wine "Your no use to the team if you don't do you part" Geodude snorted and folded his arms in response "Geodude" he didn't need these weaklings Hitomi pouted "But there's no I in team! And you need us just as much as we need you!" he scoffed and rolled his eyes, as if "Its true! I mean, what if your up against a Pokemon that's stronger than you... you can't beat him by yourself... unless you listen to my advice, just fighting on your own terms isn't very effective against a trainer... maybe against a wild Pokemon, but not necessarily" Geodude still refused to acknowledge her... it was time to kick it up a notch.

"I mean, at the rate your going... Ace and Ran will be much stronger than you, they'll be all big and strong and evolved, while you'll be nothing but a weak Geodude" It was a low blow, but it was the only way. Geodude perked up at those words, there's no way he'd let those weak brat's one-up him "If you don't listen and work with me, instead of against, then you'll be nothing but a weakling and you don't want that right?" she inquired, her eyes held a devious gleam as she continued "I mean, you don't wanna be bunched up with a couple of weak Pokemon like Ace and Ran" she quietly whispered to the two, an apologetic 'no offense', while Geodude was caught up in his thoughts "You want to be strong?" Geodude nodded "Powerful? Able to overcome any obstacle or challenge that stands in your way? Show everyone that your the strongest Geodude around!?"

"Geodude!"

He clenched his fist and gave a hard determined stare, Hitomi smile widely and pumped a fist in the air "Alright then! Start by showing everyone what your made of by defeating this Metapod! Tackle attack!" Geodude nodded, pumped up at her words and quickly rushed the pod, who appeared to be sleeping, seeing as how its opponent had refused to attack, it was caught off guard when Geodude threw all of its bulk and weight into this tackle and sent it flying and ramming right into a tree "Metaa" it groaned as it slid slowly down the bark "Don't give it any time to counter! Rush it with another Tackle! Ran finish it up Scratch, Ace Finish with Tackle!"

Ran and Ace complied with their trainers order, effectively taking out their opponent, Weedle and Caterpie lay knocked out beside one another, swirls in their eyes indicating they had fainted. Ran and Ace made their way to Hitomi's side, all three watching the stalemate between Metapod and Geodude, none of them could tell if the pod was winded from the tackle, but judging from its glare, it looked rattled at best. "Metaaa" Metapod hummed low and its body suddenly gleamed in the light, showing off its shiny exterior, indicating it had just used Harden.

"Pound it with your fists Geodude! Break that Harden! Then follow up with Tackle!" Geodude nodded and began beating away at Metapod's hardened shell and because of the constant blows to its outer shell, Metapod kept the harden up, constantly upping its defenses while Geodude pounded them away, not stopping until he broke the shield surrounding the bug. Every hit on the Metapod's shell was like a sickening crack, reminiscent of a smooth rock being repeatedly dropped on hard cold concrete until it snapped in half and that was basically what Geodude was trying to do, beat at the shell until it broke in half, but Hitomi was going to stop him before it got that far, she wasn't trying to kill the Metapod.

The sickening cracks against Metapod's shell echoed through out the clearing, for several moments before Hitomi finally noticed the Metapod was tiring, its defenses seemed to be flickering, she noticed the shiny gleam on his shell was slowly dying out and Geodude continued to brutally hound away at Metapod, she decided to stop hi, before he hurt the poor cocoon Pokemon "Alright Geodude! That's enough, Metapod looks weary now, so finish it up with Tackle!" grunting Geodude bounced a few feet away from Metapod, before lunging at the green bug, throwing all his body weight with him, the floating rock slammed harshly into the pod, sending it slamming into another tree, this time hard enough to leave an imprint.

"Metaaaa"

It groaned, sliding down the bark with swirls in its eyes. Geodude, Ran and Ace cheered at the job well done, while Hitomi looked at the fallen pod with worry "I hope you didn't kill it" she mumbled, but her Pokemon totally ignored her, celebrating their victories. Hitomi sighed with a smile on her face as she cleared her throat and gained their attention "Great work guys! Now, lets go find that Bug Catcher and fight the real thing, I don't want you to underestimate him though, he may have the same Pokemon we've just faced, save for his Butterfree and I don't want you guys to think its gonna be an easy win, because its not, kid's like him are known to be sneaky and use tricky techniques, plus his Pokemon are trained and not wild, so they'll probably be alot stronger than the wild ones you've just faced so be careful. Got it?" the trio nodded in conformation and Hitomi swirled around to lead them through the forest so they could find the Bug Catcher, but as fate would have it, the annoying snot found them instead... well he stumbled... okay, he wasn't looking for them at all he was being klutzy again and wound up tripping and falling into the clearing, leaving Hitomi and Ran with an obvious case of deja vu.

"Whoops, guess I didn't see that tree root. Haha I'm so silly sometimes right Butterfree?" The Butterfree nodded and giggled jovially at its trainer, causing the boy to burst into laughter as well, once again he was completely oblivious to his surroundings and failed to notice Hitomi until she coughed to get his attention. The Catcher quickly shot to his feet and pointed dramatically at Hitomi "Hey its you! Your that girl with the crazy Nidoran that attacked my poor Butterfree!" Ran and Hitomi bristled, while Butterfree nodded in distraught, Ace and Geodude looked completely lost.

"Attacked You!? You attacked us! I was injured and Ran was defending me! You sent your crazy overgrown butterfly to attack me because I was ignoring you!" Hitomi exclaimed just as dramatically,flailing her hands and arms around wildly, Ran stood at her feet, barking in agreement as she glared at the Butterfree, who was glaring right back just as fiercely "A likely story! You were probably just jealous at the awesomeness of my bug Pokemon and how cuter Butterfree is from your Nidoran that you had it attack him!"

Hitomi snorted and made an odd squeak/splutter like noise in the back of her throat "Che. As if! I'd never be jealous of a bug for one and two, Ran is way cuter than your Butterfree will ever be! Ran's stronger too!" the Bug catcher snarled and pulled out a Pokéball, enlarging its size as he glared at Hitomi "Oh yeah! Care to prove it!?" Hitomi nodded and so did Ran "Yeah! Three-on-Three." the Bug Catcher agreed and tossed down his first Pokéball "Go Metapod!"

Hitomi had to resist the urge to curse, she just go finished plowing down one of those things only moment's ago "Fine then! Geodude your up! Beat this pod like you did that other one!" Geodude nodded and entered the battlefield, flexing his bulky arms as he did so "Geodude!"

The battle was on.

(OOC: 5 Pages! It probably would be more, but I decided to add the battle next post. Now I've got 2 other lengthy posts I need to write, due to my 6 day absence. A week without a stable Internet Connection... Never again! @_@ I hope this hasn't died either >__>)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back