• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terrible Online-Multiplayer Experiences?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, if you've played a lot of online games like Call of Duty, or any PC game, do you play online and had various experiences dealing with ragers, or those terrible trolls? What happened, and what was the result during the gameplay with that experience?

Feel free to share all stories!

Years
  • I'm sorry, but LoL has the worst community of ragers I've ever experienced. It could have been from the fact that I was a beginner, but even in other PC games people were genuinely nice and helpful. That's mainly why I prefer to play with friends and only with friends when it comes to LoL. Smurf accounts...I honestly wanted to learn how to play properly from people and guides, but everyone takes these games way too seriously. There was one instance where my friend invited me to a game with his buddies who were all max levelled, intimidating was the first thing that came to mind. His girlfriend at the time started raging and being downright rude. Never again.

Yukari

I've had some problems with trolls In Team Fortress 2. I really don't play many online games though.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Oh yeah. Playing battlefield for the first time in Multiplayer was so giving me the pressure to not kill god players who keeps jumping all around me. But I got better quickly and been killing God players and dem noobs, eagle 100 like a boss on BF3 and eagle 110 like a general on BF4.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've occasionally run into people on Starcraft II who think that only incredibly skilled players should be playing the game, and get mad if you aren't.

People. It's a game. Calm the **** down. You lose sometimes, and its not always just your teammates fault.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's always a terrible experience when the system lags you in Call of Duty. It keeps your player stuck onto one place, leaving them completely open to your opponents. Once they start shooting you, you're instantly dead, and you kill-streak's ruined. It's really frustrating, honestly. Had this happen to me so many times, that I lost count. d:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Since I don't play multiplayer much I don't have any terrible experience to share...
    My worst experience are disconnections in Persona 4 Arena and disconnection + impossible retry connection in Ragnarok Odyssey.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • There were a whole bunch of trolls and little kids on Halo Reach back when I had the Xbox 360. This experience made me want to never play online multiplayer again, and stick back to Burnout Paradise.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Probably something from Halo 3. Had some bad lags I remember.

Didn't change it from being the pinnacle of online games for me. The good far outweighed the bad, and I only got one hatemail. (Relative to Street Fighter where I pissed people off occasionally, being a Bison main and all lol)

TY

FIFA... just the worst game when it comes to lag and servers. Never playing this game again cause the servers just randomly crash. Then again it's EA so it all makes sense.

Back