• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terrible songs by your favorite band/singer

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I love all the songs by DragonForce but there is this one song.

It's not horrible, but it's not good either. It's called "Revelations". For some reason that song just... doesn't click with me. I think it's the lyrics, I'm honestly not sure. Maybe the music. Maybe a combo of both.

Years
  • I have a big Heart for Damon Albarn who was the lead singer of Blur and also the creator/voice of 2-D for the Gorillaz. Which is my favorite band by the way.

Being a big Gorillaz fan I love every album and just about every song. Particuarly their first album Gorillaz and Gorillaz D-sides. Although Demon Days and G-sides were great too! Then Plastic Beach came out and nevertheless was a huge dissapointment. The only songs I can get into are Stylo, Broken, and Electric Shock. Although Electric shock never made the cut into the Album.

There were just too many collaborations. The only feature that I was looking forward to was Lou Reed's, but I didn't care for it much in the end. ANYWAYS, a few songs I don't like are On Melancholy Hill, Sweepstakes, To Binge, etc.

This is my point as well.

I love Gorillaz but Plastic Beach was a huge let down. Stylo, Rhinestone Eyes and On Melancholy Hill were the only good ones. On Melancholy Hill was great though.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
  • I am -the- single biggest Sonata Arctica fan that you will ever meet and I have great respect for Tony Kakko's work, but...Well, I don't like My Land. I cringe when it starts playing because it's such a big let-down.

Another few songs that were disappointing were Always Will Be by HammerFall and the majority of Atreyu's album Lead Sails Paper Anchor (except for Blow, Slow Burn, and Honor, I don't like it at all).

Years
  • I couldn't think of a bad Rush song, so I guess my favorite band is perfect.

Saves The Day's first album, 1998's Can't Slow Down, and 2007's Under The Boards - The vocals on both are just terrible. Lyrics and music are pretty good, but the vocals ruin everything. They all can't be In Reverie, but c'mon. CSD is low and nasally, UTB is high and whiney. No middle ground, save for a couple of tracks on CSD.

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I love Motion City Soundtrack (yes, it's a band, not an album), but they just have some songs that I hate. They're either boring or too experimental. Of course, I won't be counting their very first, self-published songs now.
    Boombox Generation, Red Dress, Skin And Bones, Capital H, Cambridge, Better Open The Door, Calling All Cops, The Conversation, Antonia... Enough for an EP. But I still love the band!

tkallab

Years
  • Oh my god, I found someone who actually knows Motion City Soundtrack. This is the happiest day of my life! Haha.

I found Antonia a bit too repetitive to be interesting. I liked the chorus, but the verses were really boring. I know it's the essence of the song, but it just doesn't really speak to me. It's too much of the same.
    And 'the pizza of my eye' is just plain weird.

Years
  • The repetitiveness is why I like it. :\ "Pizza of my eye" is odd, though, I'll give you that, lol.

There's nothing bad about My Dinosaur Life. \m/

tkallab

Years
  • My Dinosaur Life is the album I've waited for my entire life. I do find Skin And Bones boring, though.

tkallab

Years
  • Nah, it's just nonsensical pessimistic thinking with a semi-catchy tune. It doesn't even mean that much.

tkallab

Years
  • Yes, it's very well performed, but that shouldn't be a factor, because all their songs are, haha!
    In my opinion, Skin And Bones kind of resembles Stand Too Close, but I like that song because it has better lyrics.

tkallab

Years
  • ...Nevermind, I just tried playing them both on the guitar and they are indeed different...

For the sake of staying on topic, I'll just name the songs I don't like from Jack's Mannequin.

Miss Delaney
    Made For Each Other
    What Gets You Off
    Suicide Blonde
    Annie Use Your Telescope
    Orphans

Years
  • From what little I've heard from Jack's Mannequin, they're not very good.

Here are some bad The Early November songs.

Sesame, Smeshame
    Dinner At The Money Table
    Exchanging Two-Hundred

I'd go on, but I just realized that I'd be listing most of The Room's Too Cold. The Mother, The Mechanic and The Path, though, is all good. Wish I could find my For All Of This disc. :(

tkallab

Years
  • A lot of Jack's Mannequin's bad reviews are based on the fact that the singer was first in Something Corporate. But I don't really like Something Corporate, it's a bit too emo.

Can't say I've heard of The Early November, but I listened to a snippit of it, and it sounded pretty cool.

All Time Low songs I don't like:
    Running From Lions
    Holly
    Vegas
    Stella

Short list, haha!

Years
  • If you listen to any The Early November, make sure you hear Baby Blue, Hair, and I Want To Hear You Sad.

The vocalist from Something Corporate is the vocalist for Jack's Mannequin? That's a mindfxck. SC was all kinds of awesome.

Bad (well, not bad, but not very good) Coheed songs
    Delirium Trigger
    Godsend Conspirator
    Elf Tower New Mexico
    21:13
    Always And Never

Yep, that's about it. Can't go wrong with any other track.

Last edited:
    Back