• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Test your Pokemon knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
  • Test your Pokemon knowledge by answering these 5 questions. Warning: it's not that easy!

1. Which evolved pokemon is a starter in a main series game? [I mean the Pokemon in the exact same stage in which you recieve it, evolving it later does not count.]

2. Which move, when used, can make a Pokemon's attack become 16 times of what it was before the move was used (all this in a single turn)?

3. What Pokemon can hit a Spiritomb for Super Effective damage on the 1st turn of a battle and can also heal your party Pokemon OUTSIDE of battle?

4. Swords Dance increases attack stat by 2 stages. Tail Glow raises SpAtk by 3 stages. Dragon Dance increases Atk 1 by stage and Speed by 1 stage, making a total of 2 stage increase.

Now can you name a move that can increase a Pokemon's stats by a total of 42 84 stages in a single turn (irrespective of the ability Simple)?

5. Which of the following 3 Pokemon can deal the LEAST damage to a Jirachi holding a Shuca Berry while it's raining?

a) A Machamp with No Guard using Cross Chop.

b) A Ho-oh with Pressure using Sacred Fire.

c) A Garchomp with Sand Veil using Earthquake.

[All 3 Pokemon are of Adamant nature, have max possible attack and are not holding any items.]

I'll post the answers after 3 days and also mention the names of those who were the 1st ones to correctly answer a question.

Edit- I made an error with Q4. Fixed it now. I also made Q1 more clear. And please post your answers and replies in this thread, no need to PM me.

Edit2- For question5 you must also give a valid reason for your answer. Otherwise anyone can find the right answer after 2 wrong answers are posted.

Answers and Hall of Fame (lol)

1. Pikachu, posted 1st by dopefish7590.

2. Belly Drum, posted 1st by dopefish7590.

3. Miltank, PM'd by dragon456.

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Are you sure this is the appropriate thread for this? Anyway, here are my answers for numbers 1, 3, and 5. Sorry, but those are the only ones I could answer...

If ever this thread gets locked, can you please VM or PM me the answers instead? Thanks!

EDIT: I'll just PM you the answers instead, for privacy/no cheating purposes :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Test your Pokemon knowledge by answering these 5 questions. Warning: it's not that easy!

I'll try my best..! No looking anywhere while answering.

1. Which evolved pokemon is a starter in a main series game?

Pikachu, in Pokemon Yellow.

2. Which move, when used, can make a Pokemon's attack become 16 times of what it was before the move was used (all this in a single turn)?
    Belly Drum will do this. So will Power Trick sometimes (I'm looking at you Shuckle!)

3. What Pokemon can hit a Spiritomb for Super Effective damage on the 1st turn of a battle and can also heal your party Pokemon OUTSIDE of battle?
    Something with brawly or brawny, I can't remember the name... Blissey maybe?

4. Swords Dance increases attack stat by 2 stages. Tail Glow raises SpAtk by 3 stages. Dragon Dance increases Atk 1 by stage and Speed by 1 stage, making a total of 2 stage increase.

Now can you name a move that can increase a Pokemon's stats by a total of 42 stages in a single turn (irrespective of the ability Simple)?
    Psych Up is the only move I can think of... But you would need a completely boosted Pokemon to use it on.

5. Which of the following 3 Pokemon can deal the LEAST damage to a Jirachi holding a Shuca Berry while it's raining?

a) A Machamp with No Guard using Cross Chop.

b) A Ho-oh with Pressure using Sacred Fire.

c) A Garchomp with Sand Veil using Earthquake.

[All 3 Pokemon are of Adamant nature, have max possible attack and are not holding any items.]
    I am going to guess Garchomp... I can't remember what a Shuca berry does off the top of my head, but I am sure it doesn't suppress fire.

I'll post the answers after 3 days and also mention the names of those who were the 1st ones to correctly answer a question.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I'll try my best..! No looking anywhere while answering.

Pikachu, in Pokemon Yellow.

Belly Drum will do this. So will Power Trick sometimes (I'm looking at you Shuckle!)

Something with brawly or brawny, I can't remember the name... Blissey maybe?

Psych Up is the only move I can think of... But you would need a completely boosted Pokemon to use it on.

I am going to guess Garchomp... I can't remember what a Shuca berry does off the top of my head, but I am sure it doesn't suppress fire.

Sorry, I made a mistake in Q4, it was meant to be 84 not 42. But ur 1st and 2nd answers are right! I'll update the OP.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We have a thread Right over here in which you can ask questions and get answers. Due to this, I don't really allow individual quiz games because they have a tendency on not lasting long. So, go ahead and ask your questions over there. :)

Test your Pokemon knowledge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back