• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

text based game

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    I'm trying very hard to get this to work but it seems like that I'm making no progress. If I can get this 1 thing I believe I can make this entire game. I'm programming it in Python. ps I need a program converted to hex cause I can't get the chips programmed. long story but here it is. https://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/tennis
    PHP:
    print "Welcome to Fire of Demons, I hope you will love the game." print "It starts out in modern times but it dates" print "back 10 years ago. When all were" print "happy but The Dark King hated it and decided to make demons" print "The demons slowly started taking over the world." print "One brave fox named Sam. Will try to stop the" print "demons from taking over the world." print "Can he destroy all the demons? I hope so."  print "You are on the Mansion Grounds. You married into money" print "and everything is good and calm here" print "" print "1.) Enter your Mansion" print "2.) Go East" print "3.) Go West" print "4.) Go South" x = int  if x == "1" then_goto Mansion if x == "2" then_goto East if x == "3" then_goto West if x == "4" then_goto South  Mansion: els print "You are in your Mansion. You see a Staircase going up" print "Two rooms East and West. A room pass the Stairs" print "" print "1.) Go Up" print "2.) Go East" print "3.) Go West" print "4.) Go South" print "5.) Pass Stairs" x = int  if x == "1" then_goto Up if x == "2" then_goto East if x == "3" then_goto West if x == "4" then_goto South if x == "5" then_goto Pass  East: els West: els South: els

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    I'm trying very hard to get this to work but it seems like that I'm making no progress. If I can get this 1 thing I believe I can make this entire game. I'm programming it in Python. ps I need a program converted to hex cause I can't get the chips programmed. long story but here it is. https://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/tennis

Uggh... Wasn't your source code about a Fox and something? And link was about "Tennis"
    Convert Python to code for chip... Uhh, is that even possible? I thought Chips were only programmed is C or ASM etc...
    I don't really know much about electronics.

I'll point out, this category is called "Game Development" but most people here are technically retarded. Better off asking on an electronics forum, or some game development forum.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    The tennis code is for the chips, I'm building two games and one is to be on the computer while the other is for an oscilloscope I brought.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Ok first of all, do not ever write all your code on one line, learn how to format it and put indents and ect. It will still compile, but when you start to have 1000 + lines of code, its almost impossible to debug it if it is on one line. And from what I seen from Python, using the Python Game library, I seen full Pong written in less than 50 lines of code... That would take at least double that for C++. If you want to try Pygame, I say go for it. If you want to do text based game, go for it. Its a great practice for learning how to program. My very first program was a text based game, sure it was sloppy code and very "C" like, while using C++, its great practice.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    I never put all my code on one line when programming. I put it on one line here cause forums can be pretty strict when it comes to space. Making sure all post are x by x and u can't have a picture too big or they're take it down. No double posting and what not. I know I need help with code and all but I'm not that bad.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I never put all my code on one line when programming. I put it on one line here cause forums can be pretty strict when it comes to space. Making sure all post are x by x and u can't have a picture too big or they're take it down. No double posting and what not. I know I need help with code and all but I'm not that bad.

The forum has a character limit - not a space limit - which would come into effect whether the code was on one line or six hundred lines.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    From what I am aware of most forums make the code max like 30 lines and add a little scroll bar, thats why the code blocks are there

Back