• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Based Pokemon Adventure [BETA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaughtyBeaver

Pokemon Master
Years
    • Age 24
    • VA
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    To the MODERATORS, I suggest you move this to the Pokemon RP Section...

DISCLAIMER: This is going to a brand new thing I am doing. Where you get to go on your very own Pokemon adventure. Except it is purely text based. I am going to use spoilers, and things of the sort to keep it looking clean. If any of you have ever red a choose your own ending book. This thread is going to be kind of like that. Except I will have a random encounter system, and try and incorporate different moves and stuff. FYI,, I know this is going to take a LONG while. Just imagine having to code in all this exp, fainting, marts, etc ALL IN TEXT. To be honest I may not go that in-depth. You will just have to wait and see. I plan on making this all the way to the pokemon league.

TL DR: Making a Pokemon adventure out of text. Don't expect it to be just like the game. Plan on making it go to the Pokemon League.

READ VERY IMPORTANT BATTLING AND HOW TO!
    Battling 1 - Damage
    - Super Effective Attacks do x2 damage (eg: Fire attack vs Gradd Type)
    - Double Effective Attacks do x4 damage (eg: Fire attack vs Bug/Grass Type)
    - Normal Effective Attacks do x1 damage (eg: Normal attack vs Grass Type)
    - Not very effective Attacks do x.50 damage (eg: Water attack vs Grass Type)
    - Really not effective Attacks do x.25 damage (eg: Poison attack vs Poison/Grass Type)
    - No Effect Attacks do x0 damage (eg: Normal Attack vs Ghost Type)

Battling 2 - How to determine damage
    - There are two ways to do this. The DIY (Do-it-yourself) way. Or the Auto Way

• DIY Way
    - Use this damage calculator (WILL BE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE IT) http: //w w w .psypokes.com /dex/ damage .php (delete the spaces, I don;t have 15 posts so I cannot hyperlink)

• Auto Way
    - Your attacks will be on-screen and when you choose them the game (I) will tell you the damage, and you can subtract that off off your.opponents health. Crits, flinches, etc WILL be factored in!

Battling 3 - Experience
    - All pokemon that start at lvl 5, take 100 experience to level up. At lvl 6 150. Experience levels DO get higher to make slightly more challenging!

CHART FOR LEVELING UP!
    When it goes from 150-200/200-250 ETC, it means you have to gain 50 to level up! not 200/250!

| | | | | | |
    V V V V V V V

Spoiler:

How to use damage calculator

1. Pick the Pokemon you are currently using
    2. Pick your opponents Pokemon (to the right of your Pokemon)
    3. Type both your levels in
    4. Put in both your types
    5. Put in your stats (WILL BE NAMED)
    6. Type in stat modifiers (Attack lowered/raised +1/-1 | Attack sharply raised/harshly fell +2/-2)
    7. Ignore Abilities
    8. Put in Your attack (Or your move)
    9. Put in your HP/Opponents HP (You can guess on these)
    10. Ignore everything else and then press "Submit"

UPDATE LOG

0.1 [BETA]

• Male/Female
    • Starters
    • Battles
    • Experience System
    0.1.5 [BETA]

• Charmander Starter Battle

WHAT I HAVE ADDED SO FAR:

• Male/Female
    • Starters
    • Battles (How it happens)
    • Experience System
    • 1 Starter Battle

Random Professor Of Your Choice: Hello there young trainer, my name is Professor Oak (I am calling him, call him what you please). I am a Poke'mon professor currently studying Pokemon and the effects they have on the world/people. But enough about myself, tell me about yourself. Are you a male or a female?

Male
    Spoiler:

Female
    Spoiler:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHOSEN A GENDER![/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Now, choose a starter out of my three Pokemon, remember. Only choose one young Padawan!

Charmander

Base Stats:
    HP-20
    ATK-11
    DEF-10
    SPA-12
    SPD-11
    SPE-13

Moves|Type|Category|Power

Scratch|Normal|Physical|40
    Growl|Normal|Status|--

Choose
    Spoiler:

Bulbasaur

Base Stats:
    HP-21
    ATK-11
    DEF-11
    SPA-13
    SPD-13
    SPE-11

Growl|Normal|Status|--
    Tackle|Normal|Physical|50

Choose
    Spoiler:

Squirtle

Base Stats:
    HP-20
    ATK-11
    DEF-13
    SPA-11
    SPD-12
    SPE-10

Tackle|Normal|Physical|50
    Growl|Normal|Status|--

Choose
    Spoiler:

THIS IS ALL I HAVE SO FAR, MORE TOMORROW, I HAVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WORKING ON THIS, THAT IS WHY

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back