• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Bubbles, or Text under panel?

Speech Bubbles, or Under Pannel?

• Speech Bubbles

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Under Pannel

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Unless you're doing a spritefic, text under panels = laziness.
    Text under panels + Terrible grammar = terrible comics.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I think maybe bubbles are fine.But I think if you don't wanna mess up your comic,you should begin with text under panels.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    I'm going to have to go with Daviku on this one, while I don't like his ways of commenting on a comic, it is true that Speech bubbles are the heart and soul of comics, with text panels it just looks like game screenshots.

Years
    Raven's Phoenix said:
    That has more then enough room for speech bubbles, but OW sprite comics are smaller and don't use to much room for the picture like that one does.
    Sprite comics like that should use speech bubbles, OW comics should use text under panels.
    It makes no difference what kind of sprite comic it is, when all comes to, it's still a sprite comic.

Raven's Phoenix said:
    Text under panels isen't being lazy, its a different way of making a comic.
    Text under panels require NO skill to make, while speech bubbles are alot harder to get right, and usually has a better outcome if done correctly.

Dark Summoner

Budding Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2007
    Oh and just to prove that text buubbles can be used have a look at my comic that is on this site its called Mega mix

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No, you're just helping the oppesition with a comic like that.

Ciro

A Cat with a blade..
    Years
    18 people like speach bubbles while 22 like to put the text under the panel.... How interesting...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Shadow Scizor said:
    I like to put it under the panel. Bubbles take up too much room and cover a lot of stuff.
    Not really, speech bubbles are more clearer, authentic, more presentable etc. Whereas TUP is bland, borring, ugly etc. It costs your comic points from crits.

Back