• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Text Formatting Issue

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
  • Hi there! I'd like to bring up an issue with the text editor. I don't think it has been brought up, or at least the recent posts haven't shown it...

Anyways, I'm not sure if it is just me, but I have tried it with nearly every forum style. I have reset my settings many times; going from the basic editor to the WYSIWYG editor, which is what I use. Before I took my haitus, it worked fine and had no issues. Now, I cannot get my text to format automatically; the BB Code is merely displayed. I can't simply hit Ctrl+B for bold anymore, I have to actually click the B to get the BB code to surround it. I know it makes me sound lazy, but it gets slightly annoying having to keep hitting preview button over and over again. This is mainly a pain when I am editing the first post of my game thread, which has a lot of CSS to scroll through.

The issue is the same for images and links! The menus will appear, but the images will not display and the links are wrapped in tags, rather than converting to a ... I would really love to get this issue fixed~

Years
  • Since you mentioned that you use the WYSIWYG editor, have you tried switching back to the Standard Editor temporarily to see if it resolves the issue? I understand that it may seem like more for you to do; however, it may help with sorting issues.

As for CSS, I want to make it known that (from my personal experience) it's absolutely normal to hit the Preview button constantly. I do it all the time whenever I type up a post/signature containing CSS, so there shouldn't be a need to worry about that. :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
  • I am trying it as I type this post and it isn't helping. I've switched to all three editors multiple times and it hasn't helped. I guess I can remain on the standard editor, at least until the issue is fixed! I've just checked every style, so I am pretty sure it is just me, hah. Regarding the CSS, I think it is more so that my mouse is old and doesn't scroll at times so I am more annoyed at it rather than the editor itself.

I am glad that I received a quick response. Thank you for taking the time to respond, Tsutarja!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
  • Hah, well what do you know? I switched from Chrome to Firefox and it seems to be working just fine! Firefox used to be sort of laggy with me, but if it allows for the WYSIWYG editor to be used, I'm okay with it. :'D Thanks a bunch, Ausaudriel! {<3} I wouldn't have thought switching browsers; I guess the issue must be with the browser.

I do hope that you guys can fix it, though! It would be nice to play with it in Chrome. Thanks again, Ausaudriel! You helped me out big time~

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Oh good~ I thought this was only me haha. It's really really annoying so I'm glad to hear it's getting patched up soon!

Back