• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Speed

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I used to use the medium speed setting, with me holding down the A or B button to speed up the text, but nowadays, I just go for fast speed.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Turning it to fast is the first thing I do when I get a new game. I have no idea how people can stand anything else.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Always have and always will use the fastest speed :) Sometimes I forget to change the speed when I start a new game and it drives me mental even after only 2 minutes of the 'medium' setting.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Fast and only fast. Every game. Nothing less. Slow/medium are just...no. Why would I even want that?

This.

I almost always go to the fastest text option in absolutely any game I play. In Pokémon, even fast isn't fast enough for me. :( I wish it'd show up instantly.

I honestly don't know how anyone could use something slower. I think if I knew someone who used "slow" I'd probably disown them if I ever tried to play their game. xD

:cer_laugh:

ButyeahfasttextspeedformebecausesomecutscenestakeforeverandPokemonTrainingisquitealengthyjobsoI'dprefertobedonewithitasfastasIcanthankyouverymuch.

Slow. Is. Boring. (And. By. Extension. Medium. Speed. Is. Too.) I. Can. See. How. Little. Kids. Could. Use. It. While. Honing. Their. Reading. Ability. But. Really. It's. Just. Too. Slow. In. The. Time. It. Takes. Me. To. Read. One. Sentence. With. The. Slow. Speed. On. I. Probably. Could. Have. Caught. Every. Single. Existing. Pokemon. By. The. Time. The. Sentence. Finished.

That. Or. I. Would. Have. Turned. Into. A. Puddle. Of. Mindless. Mush. By. That. Point. I. Mean. Even. Paint. Drying. And. Grass. Growing. Is. Faster. Than. The. Slow. Text. Speed. Option. In. The. Games.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I've always used the fast text speed, since medium just seems way too slow for my liking, but ever since Black/White came out, it seems they've made the fast text speed even faster, which is something I'm not very fond of, so I just went back to medium. :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Always fast for me. I'm not all that bothered about missing parts of the storyline and just skim-read most text whilst mashing the A button anyway. x)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm using Fast text speed in all my Pokémon games. Though, Fast now feels a bit too fast in Black and White, though. It seems that they did notice that the text speed is way too slow and decided to double the text speed for all speeds. Now I think Normal speed is acceptable, too. (Fun fact about text speed - N goes almost instant text.)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • As. Fast. As. Friggin'. Possible! Hate reading bucketlods of texts anyway, and if I have to wait until it all manages to make its way across the screen, I just get angry. It's literally the first thing I do when I get a new game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Always had fast; I can't concentrate on reading the text if it's still 'moving'. I'd set instant if I could.
    So far as I recall, though, medium isn't bad.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Huh. Everyone uses fast. I use medium. I can't stand slow text. But wile someone's talking I just press A or B to speed it up. I read pretty fast but I don't use fast, don't know why.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I use fast. There is just way to much text to have to go thru and wait for if you loses slow.

Back