• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Window Size

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Hello!
    I just have a quick question regarding text window size.
    Is there a way to alter the width of the text window so that, instead of covering the whole screen, it just floats?
    Ideally, it would be positioned near the event that is speaking, but I don't mind if it has to float all the way on the side of the screen - I just need a way for it to be cropped at all. ^^
    This would be really helpful for things such as the cries of standing Legendary Pokémon (in X and Y, for example, Mewtwo shouts "Myuu!" in a tiny dialogue box when its cry plays). I already found some extremely helpful information on the Wiki, which is how I got so far as to only need horizontal cropping, but I am rather stuck now. ^^"
    Thank you in advance for any help!!

Edit: I still haven't been able to crop horizontally, but I've gotten the window into a position with which I am satisfied, so while cropping would be awesome and any help would still be greatly appreciated, please don't give this particularly high priority if you do decide to help. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • I made a thing here that allows you to specify the width of the textbox, as well as custom x and y positions. The y positions part in the method is useless, see the reply below where I put how I made it possible.

Back