• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Texually Active

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    I never text people, I'm I'm not online and I need to speak to someone I'll just phone them
    I really don't see why people like texting so much, its far easier to call especially when you have to drive/work a lot.

Kudos on the thread name, Dips.

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
    Years
    While I have a phone, I hate texting people as it requires a lot of time to actually get a point across or have a convo.

I have no idea how people get so addicted to such a time-consuming habit.

Years
    I do most of my communication over the internet, but I will occasionally text my parents and my brother via iMessage on my iPod Touch (which requires internet), so it technically isn't texting, but rather instant messaging.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I don't make a real distinction between texting and chatting on my phone, as Facebook chat is integrated into the Messaging hub of my phone. I tend to text or chat my friends and family a lot, and the same goes for PokéCommunity users over on Skype.

Thank goodness for integration. Even though I do have to handle Skype chats in the Skype app itself, the thing always stays on, up to and including calls that behave like regular phone calls.

Sometimes it feels like I'm living in the future with all this integration going on with regard to my phone's messaging, contacts, and calls.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I rarely text, I only text my uncle or my younger brother usually before going to work (just to mainly let them know I'm waiting for them in the car). At times I will text my mom or she will text me to pick her up from the Light Rail station or the bus stop.

For texting itself: I don't mind them when they are used in the right way - that is when it's not used as a distraction. It's the main reason on how people here in Seattle (and surrounding areas) get hurt or killed, either texting and driving or texting and walking (its the main reason why people get hit by light rail in Seattle), they aren't paying attention to the roads. When I receive a text message when I'm driving, I will wait until I reach my destination before replying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I text only when others text me. Aside from that, I don't do it at all. I personally prefer IMing over texting, to be honest. With IMs, your messages get responded as soon as you send them... well, at least most of the time. :p

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    I'm just not a big phone talker, but that has no relation with me wanting to socialize. I send several texts a day to a few close friends, and only if there is really something important or interesting will I call. If I want to talk more I'll just go and actually hang out. I'm also a young man from a newer generation that grew up with more ways to converse than what existed back then so naturally I don't talk as much, but it doesn't mean I don't at all.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I only reply. I feel no need to meaninglessly text others (other than to get a reply and hear Hanazawa Kana voice telling me I have a text xDDDD) unless it's something really important.
    So replying to texts is more common for me.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I only text when I'm not at home or if someone else isn't. I hardly text, though with the exception of roughly three or so people.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I text more than I call I guess, though whenever I have something important or urgent to say then I usually call instead.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    I only text because I hate my voice and don't have unlimited talk on dads phone and free wifi is slow like a snail.... plus people don't really like me so I text only a select few people and that changes from week to week.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Texting is my primary means of communication, if I'm not with the person. I'd much rather ring them, though. Quicker, more efficient, and much more personable. From the years I've spent on the internet, I read almost everything in my head in a sort of monotone voice.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I never do anymore. People never respond to me. So I just call my family now. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I have unlimited texting, so I'm taking advantage that. :) I text all day every day. Friends, family, grandma. Throw me a number and I'll be texting peeps. :)

And with iPhone, iMessaging is the best thing ever.

Years
    Texting is my preferred method of communicating with people, unless it's something urgent or need an answer to immediately. The unlimited text messaging helps :P I've always had something against talking on the phone even before getting a cellphone.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Personally, I have an unlimited texting plan, and I definitely take advantage of that. It's my primary form of communication, followed by Facebook messenger. I don't reaaaally call people much anymore.

Back